Football: Insert Ted Lasso joke here

ljkeane

Barcelona have registered everyone. Reports that they are close to reaching an agreement with Braithwaite to terminate his contract and also reports that De Jong is prepared to negotiate a pay cut to stay.

Barca still have more pull than any other football club bar Real Madrid.

Tottenham vs Nottingham Forest is a repeat of the 1991 FA Cup final, the last time we won the FA Cup. To think we were the record holders at the time, and now Man U and Arsenal have almost twice as many :wacko:

Tell you what, the Granit Xhaka biopic is going to be absolutely wild.

Opening scene: Granit trudging off the pitch at Selhurst Park in 2019, telling fans to fuck off as he throws his shirt to the ground.

Closing scene: Granit raising the Champions League trophy aloft on the pitch at Shite Hart Lane five years later. Granit basks in glorious adulation. THE END.

Won't be a dry eye in the fucking house.

(fuck it. Imma write it. :lol:)

22 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Tell you what, the Granit Xhaka biopic is going to be absolutely wild.

Opening scene: Granit trudging off the pitch at Selhurst Park in 2019, telling fans to fuck off as he throws his shirt to the ground.

Closing scene: Granit raising the Champions League trophy aloft on the pitch at Shite Hart Lane five years later. Granit basks in glorious adulation. THE END.

Won't be a dry eye in the fucking house.

(fuck it. Imma write it. :lol:)

Hacking away at Kane in injury at the kick-off circle, making Harry miss out on the Euros and still managing to piss off a significant section of the Arsenal support, despite lifting the CL trophy.

8 hours ago, ants said:

So who is more stupid- Ajax or MU?

Depends. If United return with an improved offer, then it's MU. If they walk away, then it's Ajax.

But 90m for Antony is not enough?

I mean, I get it, Ajax don't have to sell if they don't want to. The days, when big clubs could pick up talent on the cheap there are gone now. And maybe they wanted to make a statement about not being MU's bloody feeder club, but 90m for Antony?! I mean, he is gifted, and I can see there being a fuckton of potential in him, and him being able to grow into a worldbeater. But right now, that's a bet on him making the most of his talent.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I mean, I get it, Ajax don't have to sell if they don't want to. The days, when big clubs could pick up talent on the cheap there are gone now. And maybe they wanted to make a statement about not being MU's bloody feeder club, but 90m for Antony?! I mean, he is gifted, and I can see there being a fuckton of potential in him, and him being able to grow into a worldbeater. But right now, that's a bet on him making the most of his talent.

I think it's more that Ajax's negotiations for Ziyech have broken down rather than them wanting to make a statement. Reports prior were that this latest bid was probably going to be accepted but Chelsea have slapped a €45m price tag on Ziyech which Ajax don't want to pay and potential alternatives mentioned (Kluivert and el Ghazi) are considered not good enough. Given Antony's interview with Romano, this will probably go down to deadline day. United should really walk away though. A real DoF would have put an end to this 2 months ago.

That 2nd half was pretty grim. Beggars can't be choosers though and 3 points is 3 points. Probably deserved the win on the balance of play – should have scored one or two in the 1st half. A clean sheet as well which is a minor miracle for us.

Archived