Football: Insert Ted Lasso joke here

ljkeane

Someone has calculated that to collect all the stickers in the panini 2022 world Cup sticker album it could cost £883. 

I still haven't forgiven Trevor Cherry for being impossible to find for the 81-82 season and making my album incomplete. 

28 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Fofana completed to Chelsea. They need him, but I can't remotely understand the price or the Leicester plan. 

Leicester might be trying to balance their books in anticipation of the new spending limits set to be phased in over the coming years. Martyn Ziegler reported yesterday that the PL is set to introduce spending limits similar to UEFA's new squad cost rule where clubs will be limited to spending no more than 70% of their revenue in a calendar year on wages, transfer fees and agent fees. The PL's limit might be set a bit higher than UEFA's and the restrictions will be phased in as is the case with UEFA where the limit will be 90% for 2023, 80% for 2024 and 70% from 2025 onwards.

Just now, Spockydog said:

Seven year deal. For a 21-year-old. WTF's all that about? 

Amortisation. Just like with Kepa. Longer contract means the transfer fee and agent commissions can be spread out over a longer period.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Amortisation. Just like with Kepa. Longer contract means the transfer fee and agent commissions can be spread out over a longer period.

Well, if he turns out to be even half as successful a signing as Kepa then Boehly is golden.

We get a lot of late transfers running around at Everton.

To me, we can put it into two categories mainly. Your Tarkowskis, Coadys and (possibly) Ganas are aqusitions for the Right Now. Meant, I think, to shore up our leaky centre at the back. Given how we looked at times last year, that's wise, though I think more speed in central defense would be smart. Before the rather unfortunate (the way it looked to me, at least) injury to Rodrigo yesterday, what stood out to me was how easily he sped past Tarkowski. No chance of a high line with that CB pairing..

Second part is For The Future, But Hopefully Also Working In The Short Term. Onana, Garner, McNeill are all young players who hopefully will be useful for a long time. Coupled with Gordon (should he stay), Godfrey (if he returns to form..), Patterson and Mykolenko, that's a good group of young players who can help the club grow (ideally). 

And, of course, there's the Panic Mode! We Don't Have A Striker!!-buy that is Neal Maupay. Given how we look going forward, he can only be of help, but I'm doubtful he'll be much help. Who knows.

That we've not had a striker for the start is troubling, as we've played well enough over most of these matches. So I think with a striker (Rondon doesn't count anymore) we would have won three so far (my guesstimate). Instead we have two losses (to Villa! The shame!) and three draws. The matches coming up will be hard, so before you know it we're in the mire again..

Back to normal for Liverpool, who have been spending the majority of their possession passing it around at the back, then pumping it up for one of our little forwards to lose out in the air. It's a good job Newcastle are missing half their team.

I'm starting to get a little worried that Salah has gone full Ozil now that we're giving him £350kpw.

Archived