Football: Insert Ted Lasso joke here

ljkeane

7 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I'm still not convinced by Elliott at all. All style and no substance. He plays most of his 'killer' passes into the legs of defenders, and there were a few occasions tonight he killed our counter attacks by doing neat little turns on the ball rather than passing it through quickly.

Well, he will start against Everton since Hendo has a hamstring injury. 

3 hours ago, MercenaryChef said:

a depleted toon took the wannabe champions to the wire. and regarding the comments about time-wasting, fouling and 'cheating' from some of you :D

You played well when you actually tried to play, and you were worth your lead, but you actually had a pre-planned keeper-pretending-he-was-poorly bit ffs.

It's not like you ended up getting anything out of the game, so surely you can't have enjoyed watching your guys pretend to have cramp from the tenth minute onwards over and over?

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Liverpool complaining about the other team cheating when the backroom persuaded VAR to disallow Isak's second goal for this is rich:

Was given offside on the field, I thought?

Also, VAR insist on being precise to the millimeter when it obviously isn't ... that's not news. It's how this has been done the whole time. Chalk up to PL implementing it stupidly.

Newcastle were pretty good last night. It's way to early to tell, but Isak seems like he's a pretty good signing. I'm not sure why Howe took him off, whether it was fitness issue or he picked up some minor injury, but if it was tactical decision that's when Newcastle basically lost the game. Taking such a player off and replacing him with Wood basically meant no more fast counters which allowed Liverpool to move their back line way further up the pitch and start grinding Newcastle down. It was cut a bit close, but I don't think anyone can say it was an undeserved win for Liverpool in the end.

Other than that, this match is exactly why we need 2 30-minute halves with time stopped when ball is out of play instead of the current setup.

They don’t want to buy someone because they’re going for Bellingham next year. That means it’s got to be somebody on loan and it’s last minute too. How good are you expecting them to be? Obviously it’s going to be someone who hasn’t been doing well otherwise they wouldn’t be available. We just have to hope they’ve identified someone they think can improve under Klopp.

4 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

They don’t want to buy someone because they’re going for Bellingham next year. That means it’s got to be somebody on loan and it’s last minute too. How good are you expecting them to be? Obviously it’s going to be someone who hasn’t been doing well otherwise they wouldn’t be available. We just have to hope they’ve identified someone they think can improve under Klopp.

We need more than just one midfielder though. Even if we get Bellingham, which I doubt given the competition we'll face, we'll probably need another one or two on top of that.

WTF :unsure:

From his wiki page :

“During his time at Barcelona, however, he came under criticism from Luis Suárez and Ernesto Valverde, among others, for his positional play, and for his apparent reluctance to pass the ball in the direction that the offensive team was trying to move towards, namely the opposition's goal line”

Archived