US Politics: We Don’t Need No Stinking Lawyers

Ser Scot A Ellison

Or do we?  The motion was signed by attorneys for Trump.  No clue why the Federal E-File system would then list Trump as Pro Senin this action.  

Here’s the full text of his motion:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.1.0.pdf

I have been seeing quite a bit of conservative commentary on assorted articles pertaining to the search of Trumps residence that insist he had the authority to declassify any document simply on his say-so. Another oft repeated statement is that the documents were planted. Much is made of the lawyers supposedly being sidelined during the search.

8 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

I have been seeing quite a bit of conservative commentary on assorted articles pertaining to the search of Trumps residence that insist he had the authority to declassify any document simply on his say-so. Another oft repeated statement is that the documents were planted. Much is made of the lawyers supposedly being sidelined during the search.

Why and how could Trump “declassify” planted documents?

15 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

4D checkers baby!

Look, he's clearly mentally ill and not getting any help. His sanity is almost completely gone. What else would you expect? I'm just waiting for him to blame aliens for something at this point.

9 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I guess to nullify the plant in case no one can prove the documents are planted.

I guess one needs to hope that most T appointed judges will decide on the merits and not because they feel they owe Mr T.

13 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I guess to nullify the plant in case no one can prove the documents are planted.

I guess one needs to hope that most T appointed judges will decide on the merits and not because they feel they owe Mr T.

My Dad got up in my grill because I pointed out that this Federal Magistrate Judge was appointed by Trump.  He opined that a list of recommended appointments is made by other Federal Judges and sent to the White House.  That there is no individual consideration of lower court appointments like Magistrate Judges.

He’s right… however… it is entirely accurate to say Trump appointed this Federal Magistrate Judge.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

4D checkers baby!

Look, he's clearly mentally ill and not getting any help. His sanity is almost completely gone. What else would you expect? I'm just waiting for him to blame aliens for something at this point.

Sanity is a legal concept, not a psychiatric diagnosis. The great majority of people who are diagnosed as having a mental illness are nevertheless "sane" according to the rules of a court of law. 

And of course he wouldn't be "getting any help." Though as a personality psychologist I don't necessarily believe extreme narcissism should be considered a "mental illness", by the very definition of it an extreme narcissist isn't going to "get help" because they don't believe there is anything wrong with them -- it's always others who have the problem, not them. For an extreme narcissist to get any sort of therapy or counseling for their condition, they'd have to be ordered into it by a court. 

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

For an extreme narcissist to get any sort of therapy or counseling for their condition, they'd have to be ordered into it by a court. 

Does any sort of therapy, where the person receiving the therapy is an unwilling participant, have a prayer of success?

27 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Sanity is a legal concept, not a psychiatric diagnosis. The great majority of people who are diagnosed as having a mental illness are nevertheless "sane" according to the rules of a court of law. 

Right, thus legally he shouldn't be allowed to ever hold office again.

And of course he wouldn't be "getting any help." Though as a personality psychologist I don't necessarily believe extreme narcissism should be considered a "mental illness", by the very definition of it an extreme narcissist isn't going to "get help" because they don't believe there is anything wrong with them -- it's always others who have the problem, not them. For an extreme narcissist to get any sort of therapy or counseling for their condition, they'd have to be ordered into it by a court. 

Again, right, it should be court ordered. 

And you really don't believe someone obviously suffering from NPD doesn't have a mental illness? Kind of goes against what I learned in personality and abnormal psych. 

54 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Ormond -- that's interesting! I assume you've studied the MBTI. If so, how accurate do you view it? Although I've tested 5 times as an INTJ (once, INTF), the type seems to be overrepresented (probably due to how appealing it seems) compared to its limited population. The one assessment I saw on the God Emperor is he's an ESFP.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

4D checkers baby!

Well, given the focus on declassifying the 'UFO' files...yes?

1 minute ago, Wade1865 said:

Ormond -- that's interesting! I assume you've studied the MBTI. If so, how accurate do you view it? Although I've tested 5 times as an INTJ (once, INTF), the type seems to be overrepresented (probably due to how appealing it seems) compared to its limited population. The one assessment I saw on the God Emperor is he's an ESFP.

@Ormond am very curious as to your views on this.  I've always viewed the MBTI as about as accurate as a well-done horoscope or the Hogwarts sorting hat (i.e., mostly good for entertainment value and not much in terms of real personal insight or any kind of accuracy).  I admit I'm partially swayed by the fact that my husband's family is good friends with the Kierseys (of Please Understand Me fame).  I have...additional views...based on knowing them.  His family is very into it though (and yes, I perforce know my type LOL).

3 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

@Ormond am very curious as to your views on this.  I've always viewed the MBTI as about as accurate as a well-done horoscope or the Hogwarts sorting hat (i.e., mostly good for entertainment value and not much in terms of real personal insight or any kind of accuracy).  I admit I'm partially swayed by the fact that my husband's family is good friends with the Kierseys (of Please Understand Me fame).  I have...additional views...based on knowing them.  His family is very into it though (and yes, I perforce know my type LOL).

Mlle. Zabzie -- I recently discovered I'm House Slytherin, hahahaha, according to a well-developed article on the psychology of the House personalities (and one online quiz). I self-selected as Ravenclaw, though. It was a bit insightful, but mostly amusing.

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Indeed.  The law Trump signed made keeping Federal documents, as Trump did, a crime.

Apparently, it doesn't matter, whether he declassified the files or not. As per the statutes he is investigated under. Whether he could just declassify all the documents is apparently another question.

8 minutes ago, Week said:

LT Ron "Dead Meat" DeSantis

Week -- it surprises me how some politicians are so out of touch with popular culture; but, not as bad as Dr. Oz's supermarket trip, or Howard Dean, 2004. Most in touch US President, I'd say either Bill or Barack, but probably Bill.

Yeeeaaaarrrrrrh!!!!!

:lmao:

Archived