US Politics: We Don’t Need No Stinking Lawyers

Ser Scot A Ellison

37 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So… the Solipsistic nature of QNuts and Trumpanistas becomes more and more pronounced.  They claim any loss they suffer is due to fraud.  In their world they cannot lose.

:shocked:

The snake continues to eat itself.

29 minutes ago, Week said:

I am sensing a pattern here... I'd hazard to say that looking beyond one's own emotional opinions and hangups is a mature, necessary part of a functioning society. As opposed to the reactionary, emotional histrionics that we see from the GOP (and other parts of the political spectrum - though not the same raison d'être at the core of the current GOP).

Eta- "retardation", not the preferred nomenclature dude. Pretty wild for a, generally, anti-choice viewpoint to include a eugenics carve out but these are strange days.

Week -- my outlook is more comprehensive, I find the mass of Democrats, and Republicans, out of their minds and often immature and reactionary; fascinatingly, I've also noticed both groups applying the same psychological / behavioral tactics, which just floors me! They have no idea how they mirror each other in their drive toward political dominance. I belong to neither party, nor any other independent group, and will vote for no one; my framework aligns with realpolitik in thought and action.

Undeniably; strange and intersting days; since 2001, A.D.

Much excite!

Why we must have more (sane) women running the show since men across the board (like primary winner Dan Goldman here) are utterly ignorant about these matters, yet believe they and they only have the right over women's bodies and medical care:

2 hours ago, Fez said:

Also, I care/know more about NY19 than most districts. It, or rather the old versions of it, is where I grew up. And it's important to note that while technically "a rural district", it's not like most rural areas. It's filled with people who've moved up there from NYC, plus a bunch of artist communities, aging hippies, green/organic farm communes, etc. It's also 85% white, as opposed to the 95% white or more that you see in the blood-red Republican rural districts.

Yeah the "rural" district description is also misleading because it suggests it is (or basically was in this contest) a solid red district, when its pre-redistricting Cook PVI was only R+2.  Considering it was an open seat last night, that's basically a tossup in an even cycle.  The good news is, obviously, the suggestion that the midterms will indeed be an even cycle rather than the GOP having a distinct advantage - which all environmental factors strongly suggest they should.

Hmmmmmm . . . .

Have we got this straight? Relentless drumbeat that Dems winning elections is fraud, thus elections are fraud, cause dingbats to not vote, thus more reichlicans lose elections, thus there is even more fraudulent Dem election winning?

11 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Hmmmmmm . . . .

Have we got this straight? Relentless drumbeat that Dems winning elections is fraud, thus elections are fraud, cause dingbats to not vote, thus more reichlicans lose elections, thus there is even more fraudulent Dem election winning?

So, they shoot themselves in the foot and insist the gun was in the hands of members of the Democratic Party…

Biden announces student loan relief for borrowers making less than $125,000 after months of intense internal debate

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/24/politics/student-loans-joe-biden-white-house/index.html

(CNN)President Joe Biden announced his plan for forgiving student debt for some borrowers Wednesday, which includes forgiving $10,000 for borrowers who make less than $125,000 per year and extending the payment freeze one final time until the end of the year.

In a tweet Wednesday morning, Biden said the amount of forgiveness will be higher for low-income borrowers who went to college on Pell Grants. Those who went to college on Pell Grants will receive $20,000 in student loan forgiveness.
Biden added that those with undergraduate federal loans can also cap their payment at 5% of their monthly income.

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So… the Solipsistic nature of QNuts and Trumpanistas becomes more and more pronounced.  They claim any loss they suffer is due to fraud.  In their world they cannot lose.

:shocked:

Ms. Loomer rants that she lost because the GQP is corrupt.  Oh really?  Gotta agree with her there, made me laff.   

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

Ms. Loomer rants that she lost because the GQP is corrupt.  Oh really?  Gotta agree with her there, made me laff.   

I could use the old blind squirrel/nut or stopped clock analogies, but this situation calls for "Sometimes the sun shines on a dog's asshole."

3 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Biden announces student loan relief for borrowers making less than $125,000 after months of intense internal debate

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/24/politics/student-loans-joe-biden-white-house/index.html

*sigh* And so my decision to smartly consolidate and refinance my federal loans into a private one all of a sudden is looking rather foolish. Although perhaps the interest payments I've saved at the lower rate I now have outweighs the $10k in forgiveness plus the extended COVID-pause on interest. I don't really want to do the math though.

Well, he just wanted to complain to the manager of the manager. Witch hunt!

The funny thing is that by the time he might manage to file his motion correctly, they have already reviewed the documents.

27 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

The funny thing is that by the time he might manage to file his motion correctly, they have already reviewed the documents.

Yes, if you're trying to get an emergency stop work order, it helps not to wait two weeks to file, and then file it with so many errors that even a friendly judge can't figure out what to do with it. 

Just now, Maithanet said:

Yes, if you're trying to get an emergency stop work order, it helps not to wait two weeks to file, and then file it with so many errors that even a friendly judge can't figure out what to do with it. 

Stupid is as stupid does.

16 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

The comments sections to various political articles are filled with conservative posters insisting the US is 'a republic, not a democracy.' 

This has been a conservative thing forever. What’s always been amazing about that is that the distinction…the overt, intended, open distinction…between a republic and a democracy is that in the former power is concentrated in the hands of the ‘right’ kind of people/families. It’s maybe something to hang your hat on before the Enlightenment, but to proudly proclaim that in the modern western world is…bizarre?

But those very same conservatives are the first ones to most trumpet Democracy when using it as a pretext to invade other countries or talk about the unique greatness of America’s Freedoming. 

That argument makes perfect sense, when you think about it.

What other non-democracy Republics are there.

North Korea and China, yeah, sure. But those were not the ones I was thinking about...

With the GOP Mullahs to give their verdict on sha... the law. It's just the next evolutionary step to be more like their Persian brethren. Womens' rights? The Iranian are happy without it. Makes life easier anyway. The Revolutionary Guards are sorta in place already, just that you still insist on calling them militias. A white Christian Theocracy is the endgame here. Issa, Jesus, the same thing. The prophet in Mar-a-Lago. A future fictious version of him couldn't tell the difference between Lucifer and Gabriel either. Even if Luci was wearing fucking name plate.

Archived