US Politics: We Don’t Need No Stinking Lawyers

Ser Scot A Ellison

2 hours ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

I know, but you still have to pay for it one way or the other. Free education simply doesn't exist. 

20 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

My working theory is somewhat different.

Trump is a narcissistic moron, and he kept them, basically because he thought it was cool to have them, and it made him feel important.

This makes sense.  But it's only the first half of it.  He might think it was cool to have, but he likely also things, as mentioned elsewhere, that he could make money off showing his cool stuff to select people...

And, of course, all those Russian, Chinese, and other spies will know how he thinks it's cool to have all that stuff and they'd want to encourage him to show the stuff to them...and he's happy to do that...

Yep, I don't think they had to pay him (other than compliments maybe) to see that stuff. Him boasting and showing those things off, because look how cool my stuff is... does suffice for me as to what happened a Sucker-Lardo

18 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I think this is mostly right, but the tense is wrong.  You say "planned to" and "was negotiating to".  This reeks of unwarranted optimism.  Yes, he probably wanted to sell them to secondary bidders in the future, but the big boys close to Trump, like the Russians and the Saudis undoubtedly wouldn't need a full year to agree on a price and accept delivery.

This is depressingly true in that hes probably already been cashing in on State secrets.

America security became "For Sale" the minute the Trumps had access to it.

7 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Palin needs approximately 70 percent of begich supporters to pick her as thier second choice.  It really depends on how many begich voters left the second choice blank.  If half of them did, then palin is probably toast.

I'd interject that we're gonna have to do this all over again in November regardless, but knowing Palin, if she loses this time, she may well quit in the meantime.

11 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'd interject that we're gonna have to do this all over again in November regardless, but knowing Palin, if she loses this time, she may well quit in the meantime.

I fully expect the Republicans to win in November, whether the characters change or not.  But it would be fun to get this win and expand the house majority however briefly.

People -- my brothers and sisters in Christ, please! let's be reasonable!!! As much as I love to speculate, (financial) profiteering was not the God Emperor's motivation. Selling state secrets for profit? For a billionaire? At the risk of lifetime incarceration? The majority of convicted espionage cases show zero profit, only excessive risk. And those who did sell secrets, received very little financial gain. Only a handful secured a million or so USD.

Just now, Maithanet said:

I fully expect the Republicans to win in November, whether the characters change or not.  But it would be fun to get this win and expand the house majority however briefly.

Yeah, and while I was joking earlier, if the current results hold there will be intense pressure on Begich to drop out in order to ensure a GOP victory in November.

Just now, Wade1865 said:

People -- my brothers and sisters in Christ, please! let's be reasonable!!! As much as I love to speculate, (financial) profiteering was not the God Emperor's motivation. Selling state secrets for profit? For a billionaire? At the risk of lifetime incarceration? The majority of convicted espionage cases show zero profit, only excessive risk. And those who did sell secrets, received very little financial gain. Only a handful secured a million or so USD.

Pretend bilionaire. If you insist to refer to the orange fascist as your Godemperor, try to be accurate about his actual wealth.

9 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Selling state secrets for profit? For a billionaire?

8 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Pretend bilionaire. If you insist to refer to the orange fascist as your Godemperor, try to be accurate about his actual wealth.

Trump a billionaire?   :lmao:

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

10 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

[deleted]

4 minutes ago, LongRider said:

aHNS et al. -- gentlemen and ladies, I'm just offering a more reasonable alternative; I meant no hostility. On his wealth, I can only report, based on various reportsreportsreportsreportset al.

5 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Hey, I said Pretend Bilionaire. Don't blame me for Muricans that watched The Apprentice and believed that he was a super succesful bilionaire.

If you want to blame anybody for that, blame Ty. I do it for historical reasons.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hey, I say Pretend Bilionaire. Don't blame me for Muricans that watched The Apprentice and believed that he was a super succesful bilionaire.

If you want to blame anybody for that, blame Ty. I do it for historical reasons.

One of my former co-workers said she voted for 45 because he was a 'successful businessman'.   :rolleyes:    He's not a billionaire nor a successful businessman.  Certainly good at grifting, lying, stealing and cheating at golf. 

I can't blame Ty 'cus I yelled at him in a different thread a few days ago so I've already had my fun there.   :P

7 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

I always thought we were referring to the God Emperor Leto II and his golden path. :(

For like a long time. This talk of forty Ks and warring hammers has... confused.

Firebrand Jace -- yes!

“This wise man observed that wealth is a tool of freedom. But the pursuit of wealth is the way to slavery.”

“No matter how much we ask after the truth, self-awareness is often unpleasant. We do not feel kindly toward the Truthsayer.”

-- God Emperor of Dune

4 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I don't think I've ever had a post deleted before...

Jaxom 1974 -- I was wondering about that. When I wasn't able to like your post, I refreshed and saw it gone. I assumed it had been intentional and so deleted the quote out of gentlemanly respect.

Archived