UK Politics - Democracy for the 0.27% - Worst Past The Post edition

Which Tyler

8 hours ago, Spockydog said:

"Eat out to heat up."

Heating or Eating?

Read a guy (older, no family I think) saying he’d worked out he’d be cheaper living in Portugal during winter, and was in the process of getting it sorted

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Heating or Eating?

Read a guy (older, no family I think) saying he’d worked out he’d be cheaper living in Portugal during winter, and was in the process of getting it sorted

You need a minimal amount of heat or your pipes freeze. Unless you drain and blow them out so all water pockets are eliminated. Anti freeze in the drain traps also.

It's not just the pipes. If you don't run the heating at all during the winter but spend a lot of time inside, you will have problems with condensation which can lead to mould, peeling wallpaper, damage to furniture and clothing, and worse.

55 minutes ago, mormont said:

It's not just the pipes. If you don't run the heating at all during the winter but spend a lot of time inside, you will have problems with condensation which can lead to mould, peeling wallpaper, damage to furniture and clothing, and worse.

Particularly an issue in thr UK where people can’t hang washing outside due to rain, will now be unable to afford to use tumble dryers, ajd sonhaving to hang indoors their clothing to dry. With heating off (tho it being on causes its own issues with washing) means a lot of cold damp air indoors 

What do you mean? Surely our leaders have been out on the news broadcasts all day explaining their plans to help?

No? Johnson's cowering in his office while Sunak whines about lockdowns and Truss picks fights with the French?

Oh.

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Part of me is afraid to ask, but did you do some calculations in your head for your studio?

I am afraid to to be honest. It's insane. I foresee so many small businesses closing over the next 12 months if something isn't done. I am just waiting for the mass protests to start so I can join in. 

1 hour ago, mormont said:

What do you mean? Surely our leaders have been out on the news broadcasts all day explaining their plans to help?

No? Johnson's cowering in his office while Sunak whines about lockdowns and Truss picks fights with the French?

Oh.

“Office?” My sweet summer child…

He’s either still somewhere in Europe sunning it up, or emptying the Chequers wine celler.

“Office”

On a general note. 

If you ever decide to go with the heads and pikes model.

Don't forget about Blackrock. Larry Fink's head should be one of the first to drop off, if you ever get your hands on him. But I assume, that's probably more likely to happen in the US.

9 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Part of me is afraid to ask, but did you do some calculations in your head for your studio?

Assuming it's on a business rate, there's no cap for that. What Luke and other business owners might have to pay doesn't bear thinking about.

7 hours ago, Spockydog said:

... 'put your right arm in'? George doesn't have a right arm!

Jacob Rees Mogg planning to sell £1.5 billion of government offices because civil servants are still working from home. This from the man that wandered around Whitehall leaving bitchy notes behind for anyone not obsessed with presenteeism. He's framing it as a victory for the taxpayer. O Lord God of Israel who sent the twelve plagues against Egypt, can't you manage something small and localised just for him? Embarrassingly-placed boils would do. 

Meanwhile, to deal with the cost of living crisis, Truss' team are suggesting a range of tax cuts which would mostly benefit higher earners and do nothing for people on benefits.

Archived