UK Politics - Democracy for the 0.27% - Worst Past The Post edition

Which Tyler

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Fucking unions are such cowards. Cancelled train strike next week, they should have doubled down and demanded more or nobody gets to the funeral. 

That would be the best way to lose every bit of sympathy they have.

Just read that Last Night of the Proms has been cancelled too.

12 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Fuck this shit. They are shutting down the country and it's fucking ridiculous. Abolish this bullshit.

They aren’t really shutting down the country. So far some events have been cancelled, there seems to be a bank holiday. I haven’t heard about them shutting down the country yet, see what else is announced.

You might not care that the Queen has died but a lot of people do, you are free to go ahead and ignore it

18 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

They aren’t really shutting down the country. So far some events have been cancelled, there seems to be a bank holiday. I haven’t heard about them shutting down the country yet, see what else is announced.

You might not care that the Queen has died but a lot of people do, you are free to go ahead and ignore it

Can't really ignore it if it affects your life?

Luckily doesn't affect mine but anyone who's events get cancelled may be rightfully angry about it.

Did feel a bit of a twinge of something like sadness, even as a lifelong republican. Mind you, I felt the same kind of thing when Scott Mills left Radio 1 a couple of weeks ago, so probably doesn’t mean much.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So Covid lockdowns were just really a dry run for the royal mourning period?

I'm not seeing the same slippery slope/authoritarian fear mongering that COVID lock downs drew. Nationalism over health and safety, rinse/repeat.

Just a reminder for those people (like me) who get confused by the British Monarchy and it's subject.

Simon Pegg is an English actor born under the name Simon Beckingham and is in no relationship to the Royals. 

The royal seat is Buckingham palace (not Beckingham), William is Prince Pegg and the the Prince of Wales, but not Welsh.

I think that's about right. 

Archived