Jump to content

Watch, Watched, Watching: No Dragons Allowed


Ramsay B.
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Is The 100 worth watching past season 2? 

I would say so, if you feel attached to the characters, but certainly not past season 5, when it becomes an irredeemable hodgepodge. 
 

Lost really needed some female bonding and it made for darling scenes when the ladies teamed up to break into the other facility for medicine or when Kate just sat with Sun while she waited for her test. On the other hand, I’m highly bored with the captive storyline, not necessarily because the crew wants to take it slow and not make a mistake, but because I don’t see the stakes. How will the truth cost or benefit them? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Werthead I’m liking Welcome to Wrexham as well, despite not really being into football. Although it does feel like they’re struggling to fill the season, with so far one episode about random fans and no real ‘plot’ progression, and one entirely about Wales which didn’t really land for me. It’s kinda weird that there’s real-life spoilers out there, I don’t want to find out how well Wrexham did last season.

Also one of the worst ‘god am I that old’ moments, discovering that Charlotte Church has a daughter who’s older than she was when she became famous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

@Werthead I’m liking Welcome to Wrexham as well, despite not really being into football. Although it does feel like they’re struggling to fill the season, with so far one episode about random fans and no real ‘plot’ progression, and one entirely about Wales which didn’t really land for me. It’s kinda weird that there’s real-life spoilers out there, I don’t want to find out how well Wrexham did last season.

Also one of the worst ‘god am I that old’ moments, discovering that Charlotte Church has a daughter who’s older than she was when she became famous.

I'm loving this show although I thought the Episode about Wales was excellent, probably bias on that of course.

Edited by lessthanluke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

@Werthead I’m liking Welcome to Wrexham as well, despite not really being into football. Although it does feel like they’re struggling to fill the season, with so far one episode about random fans and no real ‘plot’ progression, and one entirely about Wales which didn’t really land for me. It’s kinda weird that there’s real-life spoilers out there, I don’t want to find out how well Wrexham did last season.

Also one of the worst ‘god am I that old’ moments, discovering that Charlotte Church has a daughter who’s older than she was when she became famous.

I like it but it does seem like a version of All or Nothing for people with no awareness of football. A bit like Ted Lasso, the football side seems almost incidental to the story they are trying to tell 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

On the other hand, I’m highly bored with the captive storyline, not necessarily because the crew wants to take it slow and not make a mistake, but because I don’t see the stakes. How will the truth cost or benefit them? 

They need information about the others and they have basically none.  The hope is the captive will eventually provide some, if he is one of them.  In other words, knowledge is power!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched Black Crab last night. It was ok, sorta 6 or 7/10. Enough to hold your interest until the end, just about, but not enough to make you genuinely care about anyone in it. Hand-wavey post-apoc world, small team of soldiers are tasked with transporting a package across an icy archipelago in order to 'end the war'. That they have to do this at night on ice skates is probably the best thing about this film. If you enjoy anything set in a snowy, icy environment then this will be up your street.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

I like it but it does seem like a version of All or Nothing for people with no awareness of football. A bit like Ted Lasso, the football side seems almost incidental to the story they are trying to tell 

That's a good thing imo. The football side of it is the least interesting part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DMC said:

They need information about the others and they have basically none.  The hope is the captive will eventually provide some, if he is one of them.  In other words, knowledge is power!

Right, that was the original reason Danielle captured him. But… now they want to determine and prove if he’s lying or not so that their knowledge of that may motivate the person to be truthful afterwards and share information with them? I don’t know, it feels all over the place which is actually realistic in the sense that why would they know what the hell they want to do with this person. We will see how it plays out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Right, that was the original reason Danielle captured him. But… now they want to determine and prove if he’s lying or not so that their knowledge of that may motivate the person to be truthful afterwards and share information with them? I don’t know, it feels all over the place which is actually realistic in the sense that why would they know what the hell they want to do with this person. We will see how it plays out. 

Spoiler

Well, the idea that if they prove he's lying he may be more inclined to share information seems a reasonable one to me.  Plus, of course, if they can prove he's lying they can at least confirm he is one of them.  And if that's the case, even if he doesn't talk he'd at least be an asset in having one of them as a prisoner.  Given the circumstances that all seems more understandable than letting him go and/or trusting him.  Sayid immediately torturing him probably wasn't the wisest course though, sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DMC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, the idea that if they prove he's lying he may be more inclined to share information seems a reasonable one to me.  Plus, of course, if they can prove he's lying they can at least confirm he is one of them.  And if that's the case, even if he doesn't talk he'd at least be an asset in having one of them as a prisoner.  Given the circumstances that all seems more understandable than letting him go and/or trusting him.  Sayid immediately torturing him probably wasn't the wisest course though, sure.

 

Spoiler

Well yes, it’s a little bit odd that he didn’t respond to Sayid’s torture spree but he will respond to “so, here’s proof you’re lying dude”. But I suppose we need Sayid to have a certain ground when he requests to execute him otherwise he would stoop to Ana Lucia’s level and one Ana Lucia is already too many Ana Lucia for the show. I’m sorry, I’m sure she’ll have a redemption arc, but as of right now I can’t stand her. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched God's Country. It was an unintentionally hilarious movie. An IMDb review describes it as "How to be a Karen 101" and that perfectly encapsulates the movie.

Very entertaining!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Normally I'd never get Mrs BFC to watch a football program, but as she is a huge It's always Sunny fan, and totally wants to bang Ryan Reynolds I think I have a shot. 

That's how I got my daughter (older, not a kid) interested in Dead Pool, hey it stars Ryan Reynolds! Also Guardians of the Galaxy, told her Bradley Cooper was a main star, lol. Didn't tell her it was a voice over and he was a talking Racoon but hey it worked!

Another good episode of House Dragon. Spoilers not to anger the Dragon killers!

Spoiler

Liked seeing the Queen show up in Green, I knew instantly that the colors meant something.  The disrespect shown the King, hell he should've turned the ships around and left and let her choose the next largest house, fuck em!  I didn't understand Cole attacking the other guy. I know the gist of it but it didn't make sense. Also, was that House strong holding back assistance and letting the chaos play out?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Requin isn't a great movie by any measure, but the shark attack scenes are surprisingly well done. If you like the genre and have Hulu, give it a shot if you're bored and don't want to think too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...