List of enemies the Targaryens will have ?

Westeros is in desperate need of saving. Robert and his brothers brought economic and financial ruin to the kingdom. The Greyjoys are actively doing their thing, piracy. Varys killed the last competent Lannister. Robb rebelled and caused damage. His rebellion brought ruin to the riverlands. Petyr Baelish is causing trouble in the Vale. Jon Snow betrayed the Night’s Watch and weakened its ability to defend the kingdom. Arya just murdered the bodyguard of the envoy who was to negotiate terms with the bank. No deal is likely. Westeros is in a mess and will look for help. 

Aegon has arrived. He will face oppositions from the Lannisters and Petyr Baelish. Assuming he doesn’t turn to stone, he might find support from Dorne. 

Daenerys will come by invitation. It’s a repeat of Aegon’s fight with Black Harren. She will roast Euron and the Ironborn. Doing so will eliminate her only opposition. She will expose Stannis and Aegon as frauds and the people will cast them down. Stannis is not Azor Ahai, Daenerys is. Aegon is not the heir, she is. 

38 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Westeros is in desperate need of saving.

From the Others, yes.

51 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Robert and his brothers brought economic and financial ruin to the kingdom.

Perhaps Robert, though Littlefinger doubtless made things worse, but how did Stannis and Renly bankrupt the realm?

52 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Robb rebelled and caused damage. His rebellion brought ruin to the riverlands.

Daenerys' invasion will cause more damage than Robb's rebellion.

54 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Jon Snow betrayed the Night’s Watch and weakened its ability to defend the kingdom.

No.

Westeros is in a mess and will look for help. 

Daenerys will come by invitation.

I don't think many people will be clamouring for her to bring Dothraki etc. when there is already a food shortage. Not to mention they don't like foreigners.

56 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

She will expose Stannis and Aegon as frauds and the people will cast them down. Stannis is not Azor Ahai, Daenerys is. Aegon is not the heir, she is.

Stannis probably isn't Azor Ahai but there is evidence for both Jon and Daenerys fitting the prophecy. How will she prove Aegon fake?

5 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

What do you mean?

House Targaryens' greatest enemies were always themselves. Look at: Maegor almost wiping out his own family, The Dance, the Blackfyre Rebellions, and ultimately Robert's Rebellion. Always their own kin in their own back. So, I guess, the biggest threat to House Targaryen are its living members.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:32 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

What do you think are all the enemies that Aegon and Daenerys (in addition of each other if the Second Dance of the Dragons truly happen, which I think to be very likely) in Westeros ? 

If there is such a thing as a second dance of the dragons.  The word 'dance' was not used in the meaning of 'war' in the last book.  Dance could mean a marriage proposal that will be either accepted or rejected.  The best husband for Daenerys Targaryen is one of the two; Wilas Tyrell or the boy posing as Aegon.  I would go with Wilas Tyrell because the food production capabilities of The Reach may have to support as much of the population as possible. 

Who will have the most dangerous and vicious enemies ? Who will be their most dangerous foe (other than each other) ?

I can already tell that this is an Anti-Daenerys topic.  Aegon is pretending to be someone he is not.  So she has the right to eliminate him if it becomes necessary in the future. 

Who are those who do you think will oppose or have at least very good reasons to oppose them ?

Nobody that I would care to keep alive.  Stannis, Jon Snow, Edmure, and the Greyjoys.  All can die as far as I'm concerned. 

19 minutes ago, Finley McLeod said:

I can already tell that this is an Anti-Daenerys topic.  Aegon is pretending to be someone he is not.  So she has the right to eliminate him if it becomes necessary in the future. 

How is it anti-Daenerys? Unless you think the mere suggestion of anyone opposing her is anti-Daenerys. I'm sorry, but I really think it is only common sense to assume that Daenerys will have at least some enemies. Personally I believe she will have more than a few.

21 minutes ago, Finley McLeod said:

Aegon is pretending to be someone he is not.

Does Daenerys have any proof that this is the case? I don't think he's real either but Daenerys will have to prove so to everyone unless she wants to be seen as a kinslayer.

23 minutes ago, Finley McLeod said:

Nobody that I would care to keep alive.  Stannis, Jon Snow, Edmure, and the Greyjoys.  All can die as far as I'm concerned. 

Of course. Well at least I can agree with you on Stannis. Not so with Jon or Edmure. Also, the Greyjoys are trying to ally with Daenerys.

Dear Hatespouters, 

Can't you be satisfied by keeping your bullshit to one active thread? Every topic I enter either has Dany will save Westeros from Starks or how Jon is evil and Bowen the messiah for killing him or how the direwolves are unnatural, in other words the usual crap.

Dany will have two big PR problems, IMHO:-

1.  The message will be spread far and wide that she’s a kinslayer (Viserys, Drogo).  Her own guilt over Viserys’ death will make this hard for her to rebut.

2.  Upper class refugees from the East will bring all kinds of horror stories with them, about the enormities  she inflicted on them.  We may think they deserved it, but much of the nobility of Westeros will take a different view.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Upper class refugees from the East

I agree with almost everything but I'm not sure that people from Essos would flee to Westeros because there is still war there and not enough food. Also they can't keep slaves there. Wouldn't they be better off going further east past Qarth?

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

I agree with almost everything but I'm not sure that people from Essos would flee to Westeros because there is still war there and not enough food. Also they can't keep slaves there. Wouldn't they be better off going further east past Qarth?

Qarth would be difficult, as they’d have to evade Dany’s forces.  There is an escape route to the West, and some are related to the nobility in places like Dorne.  If their slaves are stringing them up, they’ll take any chance of escape that they can.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Qarth and Free Cities where slavery still exist are indeed more likely destinations for upper class refugees of Slaver's Bay. 

Though there will doubtlessly be merchants, sailors and sellswords who will tell tales of what they have seen or heard off, with great exagerations most of the time, about Daenerys and her dragons and her followers and it will most likely won't be very positive. 

Also reports about Quentyn Martell's death, which won't be clear with the most known and important detail being that he was burned by a dragon, and of Daenerys being affiliated with Red Priests just like Stannis aren't going to help her popularity before and when she arrives.

1 minute ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Qarth and Free Cities where slavery still exist are indeed more likely destinations for upper class refugees of Slaver's Bay. 

Though there will doubtlessly be merchants, sailors and sellswords who will tell tales of what they have seen or heard off, with great exagerations most of the time, about Daenerys and her dragons and her followers and it will most likely won't be very positive. 

Also reports about Quentyn Martell's death, which won't be clear with the most known and important detail being that he was burned by a dragon, and of Daenerys being affiliated with Red Priests just like Stannis aren't going to help her popularity before and when she arrives.

I was thinking more of Volantis, Lys, and Pentos.

I’m pretty sure that most upper class Ghiscari will be wiped out, in TWOW, but for them, yes, Qarth would be the place to flee to.

5 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I was thinking more of Volantis, Lys, and Pentos.

Isn't slavery technically banned in Pentos? I know that they still practice it really with their 'servants' but the Magisters can claim they don't practice slavery. Could Daenerys still use the abolition of slavery as a valid CB? If I'm not mistaken it was the Tattered Prince who wanted Pentos. The city has a treaty with Braavos so they may not like it if someone else interferes.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

Isn't slavery technically banned in Pentos? I know that they still practice it really with their 'servants' but the Magisters can claim they don't practice slavery. Could Daenerys still use the abolition of slavery as a valid CB? If I'm not mistaken it was the Tattered Prince who wanted Pentos. The city has a treaty with Braavos so they may not like it if someone else interferes.

The Tattered Prince has now switched sides.  I expect he’ll seize Pentos in Daenerys’ name.  

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

That's what I thought. I wonder how Illyrio will take this. Or will he already be with F/Aegon at that point?

I think he’ll be with F/Aegon.  At some point, Dany will have worked out that she was expendable to him.

6 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Occasionally they surprise you with new bullshit, but yeah, they do.

I don't understand...

Yes the Stark children have a special bond with their wolves but that is to do with them. The Direwolves without the Starks are just really big wolves. The Dragons, on the other hand, are implied multiple times to be unnatural creations and require the sacrifice of three humans just to hatch them.

What have the Starks ever done to these people? Overthrow King Aerys?

Archived