Dating Thread: Total Eclipse of the Heart edition

26 minutes ago, DMC said:

You don't have to keep reassuring us that you aren't gay.  This isn't the military.

Indeed; and there’s nothing wrong with the whole spectrum of human sexuality, while we are on that point!

People, whether gay, straight, bi, asexual, etc, all have curiosity. 

Just now, Chataya de Fleury said:

Indeed; and there’s nothing wrong with the whole spectrum of human sexuality, while we are on that point!

Chataya de Fluery — great point. As a confirmed heterosexual; I, too, am OK with anyone else’s sexuality. I’m still de-institutionalizing, though it’s been nearly a year.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Indeed. Don't ask, do tell.

aHNS — toward the end of my career, while training cadets during their ROTC summer field training, we almost exclusively got infantry-heavy support elements. One squad that directly supported me was led — no shit — by a transgender squad leader; i.e., an NCO responsible for ten or so Soldiers.

She wasn’t present, but I’m confident the Soldiers were being honest. This was before the ban and subsequent unbanning, so the timing was accurate. Interestingly, I don’t think born-women were integrated into the Infantry until a year or two ago.

3 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Careful there. A lot could be put in the whole spectrum. Maybe add "among consenting adults" to that. 

This weekend was very pleasant…things continue well. On Saturday morning, when we woke up, he said that he and his brother were  going to watch the football game that evening. I reminded him that we had plans for dinner at my house that evening, I had planned on cooking for him (this was not one of those things that is any sort of routine, and he knew I bought groceries on Friday).

I told him that he could watch the game and I could make him dinner on Sunday. He said, “no, no, it’s ok.”

Well, then he calls in the afternoon and was waffling about the game. He agreed that he should come to my place, and I told him that we could watch the game, and if it sucked, we could watch something else. He came over, we had dinner, watched Netflix, and he kept up with the game on his phone, so all was good. 

He actually really liked my cooking. (Black bean tacos with cheese, carmelized onion and jalepeno peppers, and radishes).

He is getting used to the cats, and delights in petting them, especially the needy one. :rofl:

We go to wine country with his friends on Wednesday.

• 3 weeks later...

Have we truly had no dating drama in almost a month?

I followed the great advice of a refrigerator magnet, last night. Said magnet is a picture of a glass of red wine, with an anthropomorphic face on the glass, and a chat bubble that says “you should call him.”

BAD! Bad! Bad Chataya!!!

Hum, called who? I feel like your post needs to identify the he in question.  

That drunk Tucker Caren librul? In that case, not bad chats. Rather silly, poor chats.

Your doctor? That's the most logical assumption of who he, whom you called is. Then where's the drama, how is that bad? 

The antromorphic face on your wine magnet? Why would you call Ty? (you didn't think, I could get through an entire post without getting at least one ty joke in, did you?).

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

58 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Hum, called who? I feel like your post needs to identify the he in question.  

That drunk Tucker Caren librul? In that case, not bad chats. Rather silly, poor chats.

Your doctor? That's the most logical assumption of who he, whom you called is. Then where's the drama, how is that bad? 

The antromorphic face on your wine magnet? Why would you call Ty? (you didn't think, I could get through an entire post without getting at least one ty joke in, did you?).

Ahem, BOTH men in question, although….shit, I could have called Ty, too :D I have his number.

I called Firm because we were texting about some HOA stuff and then he said it was easier to call. So we talked HOA, cats, and work. Both of us were very well behaved and nothing untoward was said. But, yes, I’m still a dunce. :dunce:

Then, because by that time, I had finished another martini and was plassstered, I called The Doctor. :P 

2 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Ahem, BOTH men in question, although….shit, I could have called Ty, too :D I have his number.

I called Firm because we were texting about some HOA stuff and then he said it was easier to call. So we talked HOA, cats, and work. Both of us were very well behaved and nothing untoward was said. But, yes, I’m still a dunce. :dunce:

Then, because by that time, I had finished another martini and was plassstered, I called The Doctor. :P 

Well at least it was all business with Firm.  

I hereby petition the board we rename Firm as "Worm" 

18 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Have we truly had no dating drama in almost a month?

I followed the great advice of a refrigerator magnet, last night. Said magnet is a picture of a glass of red wine, with an anthropomorphic face on the glass, and a chat bubble that says “you should call him.”

You need another glass-of-wine magnet that says “Take advice from magnets” :P.  Drunk dial/text usually has more embarrassing turns, keeping it on the up and up with the ex is a success.

After a summer of injury recovery and family ups and downs, I finally reconnected with a lady I dated several years ago and met up with her yesterday.  Had a good time catching up, capped by a really intense back seat makeout session. It was really fun, I had forgotten how nice it is to have someone be so “into” me.  Now in negotiations about what a regular thing could look like - she’s currently living with an ex and can’t have people over, mine is off-limits (dating with kids who stay up late is a bummer!), so we may needs be getting an Airbnb or visiting a sex club (her suggestion) next time we meet up.

12 hours ago, VigoTheCarpathian said:

You need another glass-of-wine magnet that says “Take advice from magnets” :P.  Drunk dial/text usually has more embarrassing turns, keeping it on the up and up with the ex is a success.

After a summer of injury recovery and family ups and downs, I finally reconnected with a lady I dated several years ago and met up with her yesterday.  Had a good time catching up, capped by a really intense back seat makeout session. It was really fun, I had forgotten how nice it is to have someone be so “into” me.  Now in negotiations about what a regular thing could look like…

I’m not gonna lie, I was SO CLOSE to being bad and having to break up with the Doctor (sample wording: “it’s not you, it’s me; no, it really is me, I ended up in my ex’s bed…I’m a bad person.”)

Words I thankfully did not have to use,, as @Mlle. Zabzie came into my head, stating emphatically, “BAD IDEA, CHATAYA, THAT ENDS IN TEARS!”

…and my Ego at least, was in charge, and not the Id, so I hung up the phone after our two hour conversation stating that “oh, goodness, I need to give the cats their meds!”

My convo with the Doctor was less than stellar only because he likes to try and get things out of me when I’m trashed, which I couldn’t remember when I broke up with W (he asked me that)…because there was no SEC filing that was around that time frame; it was in the blur of pre-public activity. I later remembered it had to have been after April 21, 2021, which was when I got vaccinated, but before June 2021, and he was playing golf, so it must have been early May 2021. 

I am just going to have to have the Doctor tie me up, which he hasn’t done, yet, but I’m certain he is more than capable, especially since I got a cute little “starter bondage set” with a nicely pre-tied rope. 

@VigoTheCarpathian - please do keep us informed as to this progress! She sounds like a delightful lady :) it is always the most fun and sexy when someone else is very “into” oneself. One can always tell, and it is the best thing ever.

Edited by Chataya de Fleury

3 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I’m not gonna lie, I was SO CLOSE to being bad and having to break up with the Doctor (sample wording: “it’s not you, it’s me; no, it really is me, I ended up in my ex’s bed…I’m a bad person.”)

@VigoTheCarpathian - please do keep us informed as to this progress! She sounds like a delightful lady :) it is always the most fun and sexy when someone else is very “into” oneself. One can always tell, and it is the best thing ever.

Sounds like it was a closer thing than you let on - two hours is a LOT of phone time.  

Already got a some spicy day-after texts looking for scheduling the next date - and of course, I sign up for a dating app today to play the field and she’s the #3 match.  I do feel weird revisiting a relationship- we had a really decent parting last time, life circumstances didn’t line up well then either, so we opted to see other people, and it might just be a few months of fun. 

15 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Words I thankfully did not have to use,, as @Mlle. Zabzie came into my head, stating emphatically, “BAD IDEA, CHATAYA, THAT ENDS IN TEARS!”

…and my Ego at least, was in charge, and not the Id, so I hung up the phone after our two hour conversation stating that “oh, goodness, I need to give the cats their meds!”

I have to say, I'm not used to being the angel on anyone's shoulder, but you are right, that would probably have been a DIRECT QUOTE.  I might have followed up with "abundant, low value, cost/benefit analysis, have some coffee or tea or whatever and go to bed.  Alone."

2 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I have to say, I'm not used to being the angel on anyone's shoulder, but you are right, that would probably have been a DIRECT QUOTE.  I might have followed up with "abundant, low value, cost/benefit analysis, have some coffee or tea or whatever and go to bed.  Alone."

As I did, my guardian angel :D

• 2 weeks later...