Where could be Tyrek ?

If Tyrek Lannister is alive, and in Varys' possession as many have theorized, to use him as a witness for the true parentage of the Baratheon-Lannister children or as the key for Casterly Rock, where do you think that he could be ?

In which place Varys could be keeping Tyrek, from where he could summon and use him relatitively quickly when the time to use him arrives, and where no one would think to search for him ?

I think it's more likely that Varys is wanting to install him as puppet ruler of the Rock than as a witness for the incest. I don't think the squires would be present or know much about it.

As to where Varys is keeping him I'm not sure. I don't think it would be in King's Landing. I would say with Illyrio but that might be a bit too far away.

If Tyrek is indeed with Varys I would suspect he is in one of the free cities, Pentos with Illyrio is a good guess, but if I recall correctly Varys is from Lys, where Edric Storm is conviently hiding and where the GC pass before landing in Westeros. So I think that if Tyrek is alive and in Varys hands he his hiding in Lys and will join the GC or Daenerys with Edric at one point, I mean it sure would be usefull to have both a ready made lord of Storm's End and of the Rock just here at hand.

2 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

In which place Varys could be keeping Tyrek, from where he could summon and use him relatitively quickly when the time to use him arrives, and where no one would think to search for him ?

Up his ass?

11 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

If Tyrek Lannister is alive, and in Varys' possession as many have theorized, to use him as a witness for the true parentage of the Baratheon-Lannister children or as the key for Casterly Rock, where do you think that he could be ?

Any information Tyrek has about Cersei is rapidly going stale.  Cersei's trial is going to conclude soon, making accusations about her children essentially moot.  He could have been a potential backup to kill Robert if the wine didn't work, but that's old news as well, and I doubt he would have any kind of proof.

As for Casterly Rock, there were plenty of living claimants when he disappeared, so that's unlikely to have been the motive. 

I think he disappeared on his own, taking advantage of the chaos of the riot to pretend to be dead.  He may have feared harm to himself, simply wanted out of Kings Landing or his marriage to a baby or to simply start over.  As a Lannister, he would likely have access to funds sufficient to live off of for a while.

Braavos or Pentos seem like good places to hide, or be hidden if someone else was involved.  I will certainly be on the lookout for blonde squire types of mysterious origin especially in Arya's and Brienne's chapters.  Neither has met him.  And it would be great fun if Tyrek and Arya became friends without knowing who the other was.  Hey, I can dream.

Tyrek being abducted during the KL riot seems more like something Littlefinger would do. Perhaps for the same reason readers think Varys kidnapped him, as a witness to Cersei's involvement in Robert Baratheon's death. I think it's more likely Littlefinger organized Tyrek's abduction with the purpose of securing another potential heir to a Great House. He already has a track record of using young wards (Jeyne Poole) and potential young heirs to further his ambitions - Sansa, Sweetrobin (and Lysa). 

Where would LF hide Tyrek? My guess would be on Braavos. 

On 8/29/2022 at 3:34 AM, Craving Peaches said:

I think it's more likely that Varys is wanting to install him as puppet ruler of the Rock than as a witness for the incest. I don't think the squires would be present or know much about it.

As to where Varys is keeping him I'm not sure. I don't think it would be in King's Landing. I would say with Illyrio but that might be a bit too far away.

4 hours ago, Evolett said:

Tyrek being abducted during the KL riot seems more like something Littlefinger would do. Perhaps for the same reason readers think Varys kidnapped him, as a witness to Cersei's involvement in Robert Baratheon's death. I think it's more likely Littlefinger organized Tyrek's abduction with the purpose of securing another potential heir to a Great House. He already has a track record of using young wards (Jeyne Poole) and potential young heirs to further his ambitions - Sansa, Sweetrobin (and Lysa). 

Where would LF hide Tyrek? My guess would be on Braavos. 

The problem with Tyrek being the inheritor to Casterly Rock is that, at the time of his disappearance, there were too many people ahead of him.  Tywin was still alive and likely to remain that way for a while.  Tyrion is Tywin's heir, regardless of what Tywin might wish.  

After Tyrion comes Kevan and his three sons: Lancel, Martyn, and Willem, all healthy and eligible.  Then there's Tommen, Joffrey's heir at the time, who happens to be Tywin's grandson.  Once Joffrey had kids, Tommen could have potentially gotten Casterly Rock, if it was still available.

So, even after Tywin and Kevan die, which might take a while, you've got Tyrion, Tommen, Lancel, Martyn, and Willem ahead of Tyrek.  All of them were young, healthy, and eligible.  Just because most of them are now dead or ineligible doesn't mean that was foreseeable at the time.  It wasn't.

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

The problem with Tyrek being the inheritor to Casterly Rock is that, at the time of his disappearance, there were too many people ahead of him.  Tywin was still alive and likely to remain that way for a while.  Tyrion is Tywin's heir, regardless of what Tywin might wish.  

After Tyrion comes Kevan and his three sons: Lancel, Martyn, and Willem, all healthy and eligible.  Then there's Tommen, Joffrey's heir at the time, who happens to be Tywin's grandson.  Once Joffrey had kids, Tommen could have potentially gotten Casterly Rock, if it was still available.

So, even after Tywin and Kevan die, which might take a while, you've got Tyrion, Tommen, Lancel, Martyn, and Willem ahead of Tyrek.  All of them were young, healthy, and eligible.  Just because most of them are now dead or ineligible doesn't mean that was foreseeable at the time.  It wasn't.

If he was abducted I dont think the plan was to have him inherit, but to have someone with the Lannister name and a claim (even if quite far) that could be installed by who ever abducted him.

1 hour ago, Nevets said:

I'm not saying it was. I'm saying the possible abduction of the young Lannister fits a pattern particular to Littlefinger. He's a long term planner capable of utilizing chaos to his advantage. Having a Lannister heir with a claim to Casterly Rock in his custody may have been sufficient at the time. I don't think passing Jeyne Poole of as Arya to marry her off to Ramsay was a foreseeable event at the time LF took the girl into his "care".  

10 hours ago, Evolett said:

I'm not saying it was. I'm saying the possible abduction of the young Lannister fits a pattern particular to Littlefinger. He's a long term planner capable of utilizing chaos to his advantage.

It seems too great a risk and Tyrek is too incidental a character to take that risk for.  And direct intervention in a riot that saw one of the KG killed and the High Septon slaughtered could just as easily ended with Tyrek dead whatever LF intended.  LF's m.o. is to cause chaos, stand back and see which way events unfold then try and latch on to that.  An abduction seems too dangerous to both him and the intended abductee and I'm not sure how this would further any aims of his.

I'm with Nevets on this one; I think Tyrek ran away.  I've written about this before, but I can't find the post, so I'll recap.

We know that Tyrek was far down in the line of succession.  We know that his family married him -- not just betrothed but actually wedded -- to the infant Lady Hayford, and the other squires made fun of him.  So he probably wasn't very happy with the way his life was going.

The whole family went down to the waterfront to see Myrcella off.  That provided a perfect opportunity for him to slip away while everyone's attention was elsewhere.  He could have arranged passage on some ship beforehand.  The riot on the way back to the Red Keep was just a lucky (for him) coincidence.  No one had noticed his absence before then.

Where did he go?  The life of a sellsword might seem like a grand adventure.  I suspect that he's with one of the free companies.  I won't be surprised if he and Tyrion meet up on some Essosi battlefield.

11 hours ago, Aebram said:

I'm with Nevets on this one; I think Tyrek ran away.  I've written about this before, but I can't find the post, so I'll recap.

We know that Tyrek was far down in the line of succession.  We know that his family married him -- not just betrothed but actually wedded -- to the infant Lady Hayford, and the other squires made fun of him.  So he probably wasn't very happy with the way his life was going.

The whole family went down to the waterfront to see Myrcella off.  That provided a perfect opportunity for him to slip away while everyone's attention was elsewhere.  He could have arranged passage on some ship beforehand.  The riot on the way back to the Red Keep was just a lucky (for him) coincidence.  No one had noticed his absence before then.

Where did he go?  The life of a sellsword might seem like a grand adventure.  I suspect that he's with one of the free companies.  I won't be surprised if he and Tyrion meet up on some Essosi battlefield.

And there is this young man that Arya finds will she is blind in Braavos, if I recall he was westerosi and add quite a bit of cash with him. Could have been a older Tyrek who fell on the wrong guy.

Archived