Where could be Tyrek ?

14 hours ago, Vaegon the dragonless said:

And there is this young man that Arya finds will she is blind in Braavos, if I recall he was westerosi and add quite a bit of cash with him. Could have been a older Tyrek who fell on the wrong guy.

I've seen this theory before, and while it's possible, I tend to discount it for a couple of reasons.  His disappearance keeps popping up, so I expect him to play a role in the future story, which is a bit difficult if he's dead.  And it would be a bit anticlimactic, especially with all the buildup.  Second, given the POV structure, I don't know how we would find out as no POV would have been present or likely to be told about it.

2 hours ago, Nevets said:

I've seen this theory before, and while it's possible, I tend to discount it for a couple of reasons.  His disappearance keeps popping up, so I expect him to play a role in the future story, which is a bit difficult if he's dead.  And it would be a bit anticlimactic, especially with all the buildup.  Second, given the POV structure, I don't know how we would find out as no POV would have been present or likely to be told about it.

If it was him, his face would be somewhere below the House of Black and White. Arya could find the face and access portions of his memories.

On the other hand, he could be a red herring, placed as a mystery that is never meant to be answered. 

I suspect Varys or Littlefinger is holding on to him as a potential puppet. He doesn’t even need to be the best claimant to the Rock (I’m not sure that he is.) But he would be sufficient to shake up the stability of the house and maybe leech a few of their bannermen in the midst of a conflict. 

It’s been a little while since my last read through, but I remember wondering about the armorers apprentice Tyrion meets with the Second Sons. The one who fought in the battle of the Blackwater. I don’t think he is Tyrek, but I wondered if there was something about that other kid he mentions having been friends with. The one he says he misses.  I can’t remember if the suggested ages, locations and timelines match up so let me know if this is unlikely. 

Tyrek aside, I did get the impression we were supposed to take note of this kid and his story. If anyone has any insights on it’s significance, I’d love to hear them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 5:17 AM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

If Tyrek Lannister is alive, and in Varys' possession as many have theorized, to use him as a witness for the true parentage of the Baratheon-Lannister children or as the key for Casterly Rock, where do you think that he could be ?

In which place Varys could be keeping Tyrek, from where he could summon and use him relatitively quickly when the time to use him arrives, and where no one would think to search for him ?

If Varys is holding Tyrek prisoner somewhere for this long, then the last thing T will want to do is cooperate with him. 

Archived