King Viserys' dream

Compared to the one that Daenys had or the one that Aegon allegedly had... it was at a much smaller scale. 

A prophetic dream is still just a dream, one of the many that just happened to have come true. A vague dream of doom is still okay, compared to the one Aegon had which was far more specific. It is not difficult to understand how someone living amongst volcanoes and dragons can dream of a catastrophe... but a long winter and a shadow from the North that will end the world of men unless all the houses come together to fight it, that one is a lot more difficult to explain, and definitely seems like there is some magic involved. 

The one Viserys had is understandable considering his wife was on the verge of childbirth. Even if it was a prophetic one, it was probably going to go down in a way that he did not see it. It's kind of interesting that he encourages Rhaenyra to push herself and dream, along with remembering the history of the family. 

I'm just posting the exact words used in the show here, it seems like an incomplete sentence. Seems like a Mirri Maz Duur prediction to me. 

"The dream. It was clearer than a memory. Our son was born wearing Aegon's iron crown. When I heard the sound of thundering hooves, splintering shields, and ringing swords, and I placed my son upon the Iron Throne as the bells of the Grand Sept tolled and all the dragons roared as one." 

• 1 month later...

Archived