The Resurrection and Tragedy of Jon Snow

Moiraine Sedai

Jon will be resurrected during The Winds of Winter. He will become a wight. This resurrection will frighten the majority of people enough to make them leave Castle Black. But as in the case of Cat, he will have followers. The walking dead will lead his own small army of bandits and outlaws. Like Cat, his damaged body will not get repaired during the resurrection. He will be a scary sight indeed.  Jon’s band will search for Arya. They will murder anyone in the North who knelt to and accepted the Boltons. 

1 hour ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Hm, maybe that this never makes to the pages of TWOW? Truly tragic, if you ask me.

Because twow is never coming out? :(

Honestly, it all looks reasonable to me. Do we not want Jon resurrected and killing Boltons?

36 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise. 

Lmao. Jesus

Homerun post 

11 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jon will be resurrected during The Winds of Winter. He will become a wight. This resurrection will frighten the majority of people enough to make them leave Castle Black. But as in the case of Cat, he will have followers. The walking dead will lead his own small army of bandits and outlaws. Like Cat, his damaged body will not get repaired during the resurrection. He will be a scary sight indeed.  Jon’s band will search for Arya. They will murder anyone in the North who knelt to and accepted the Boltons. 

Well… there is a pretty big gulf between Lady Stoneheart and a Wight. If Jon comes back in his body (you don’t hang the mechanics of a warg’s 2nd life on the wall of a prologue unless you mean to use it…) I would expect him to be changed. It seems like the amount of time he remains dead tells a lot. But wights kill indiscriminately. Those brought back by the lord of light seem to retain their own agenda. I think you’ve got your zombies mixed up.

I kinda think it would be cool (whatever becomes of Jon) if we don’t get any more POVs with him. You know, retain some of the mystery of the “other side”

Mods, pls, even now if you think my accusations are baseless, I can only shrug :dunno:

I wonder how much of this great forum is plagued with this shit.

12 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Respecting others viewpoint is different from...this, whatever you call it.

14 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Arya has already started murdering for revenge.  She's crazy though. Jon was thinking of Arya and revenge during his last breaths of life.  They are not going to contribute anything good. 

If Jon is dead, he will be resurrected by Melisandre, who is right there at the Wall, not by the Others, who so far have not reached the wall. And there is basically nothing to suggest that Jon will lead the undead to attack Westeros. Everything Jon has done so far was to fight the Others and on the side of the living. If he comes back like Cat or Beric I expect his resolve against the undead to only be strengthened.

3 hours ago, The Mourning Knight said:

I kinda think it would be cool (whatever becomes of Jon) if we don’t get any more POVs with him. You know, retain some of the mystery of the “other side”

I have heard this too, people were saying it's the reason Melisandre was a POV at the wall. I wonder if it could also be linked to Jon becoming a sort of king, as there are no POVs for kings in the story.

2 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

She's crazy though.

Not really...

Jon was thinking of Arya and revenge during his last breaths of life. 

No he wasn't, he was thinking about how cold it was.

They are not going to contribute anything good.

That is completely dependent on your definition of good. And what you actually believe they will contribute.

Arya and Jon are the most violent of the Starks.  A wightified Jon Snow and his direwolf will cause a lot of deaths and destruction in the north.  His mistaken belief that the Boltons have killed Arya will drive Jon insane.  There will be a confrontation between the two bastards and their 4 legged friends.  

6 minutes ago, Unit A2 said:

Arya and Jon are the most violent of the Starks.

Arya perhaps, but Rickon seems more violent than Jon, in terms of personality.

7 minutes ago, Unit A2 said:

A wightified Jon Snow and his direwolf will cause a lot of deaths and destruction in the north.

Nope.

7 minutes ago, Unit A2 said:

His mistaken belief that the Boltons have killed Arya will drive Jon insane.

Jon didn't go insane when he thought Bran and Rickon were dead, and when he heard his father died, so there is no reason for him to go insane if he believes Arya is dead.

7 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I have heard this too, people were saying it's the reason Melisandre was a POV at the wall. I wonder if it could also be linked to Jon becoming a sort of king, as there are no POVs for kings in the story.

Could be… Even with the show spoilers, I suspect we know far less about Jon’s arc than we think. I think it is highly like that the Jon story we saw on the show is a bastardized (pun intended) and tweaked rendition of Young Griff’s character. That’s just my pet theory. 

But no doubt, GRRM brought Melisandre to the wall, if not to resurrect Jon, at least have it as a possibility for us to chew on and toil over. 

I woke up this morning just so ANGRY. I mean god damn I hate Jon Snow and I'm worried that no one knows that.  That makes me so ANGRY too! I better start posting and set this record straight! What if people out there a) think I don't HATE JON SNOW and b) don't HATE JON SNOW enough? I worry I'm running out of time but there's a whole world that needs to be told.

Archived