The Resurrection and Tragedy of Jon Snow

Moiraine Sedai

If Jon dies and wargs Ghost for his second life, he can't go back into his body.  Once the body dies the warg is stuck in his animal.  Read the prologue carefully, it is spelled out there.  Varaymr invaded the wolf Greyskin which was carrying Haggon's 2nd life and forced Haggen's permanent death.  Warging for a 2nd life is a one-way street, and if a body is reanimated how could the warg go into a zombie?  What an abomination that would be!

A couple of things about Jon's stabbing;

Jon currently has many helpers at the Wall right now:
Bran, watching through Mormont's raven

Rory and Horse with Jon when he left the Shieldhall and ran behind Jon to see who was screaming.  Did they stop the fourth knife which Jon didn't feel?

Jon feels 'only the cold.'  It's snowing at the Wall and it was noted that Ser Patrk's cloak flapped in the cold while been held by Wun Wun.

We are left with a cliff hanger and don't know the outcome yet.

I don't believe Jon is dead.  

36 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

I don't HATE JON SNOW and ...... ? I worry I'm running out of time but there's a whole world that needs to be told.

Excuse me Mr. Aejohn, do you hate Jon Snow and do you hate him enough?  Asking for a friend. 

:dunno:

Just now, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

I worry that I don't hate him enough. I'm more worried that YOU don't hate him enough.

Please don't worry on my account, I don't hate the living Jon Snow, but if he comes back as a zombie, yeah, we can hate him together.    :cheers:

1 minute ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Just between you and me I'm with Tracey from SA, I don't really hate anybody (let alone a character in a book).

Why did you say Tracey from SA?

Jon is a walking tragedy. He brought the destruction of the Night’s Watch brotherhood. His return can only bring more of the same tragedy. He is coming back to do his job. He’s coming back for Arya. Say Jeyne dies and news reaches Jon at the wall. His grief and rage will make him do another stupid thing. Like opening the gates and welcoming the Others.  

14 minutes ago, Kalikrates said:

His grief and rage will make him do another stupid thing. Like opening the gates and welcoming the Others.

When Jon heard his brothers died, and when he heard his father died, did he do something as stupid as that? No. Jon is not going to go insane if he hears of Arya's death. Certainly he will not betray all he has fought for so far because of it.

17 minutes ago, Kalikrates said:

Jon is a walking tragedy.

16 minutes ago, Kalikrates said:

He brought the destruction of the Night’s Watch brotherhood.

That honour belongs to Bowen Marsh, if the Watch does collapse.

On 8/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Jon will be resurrected during The Winds of Winter. He will become a wight. This resurrection will frighten the majority of people enough to make them leave Castle Black. But as in the case of Cat, he will have followers. The walking dead will lead his own small army of bandits and outlaws. Like Cat, his damaged body will not get repaired during the resurrection. He will be a scary sight indeed.  Jon’s band will search for Arya. They will murder anyone in the North who knelt to and accepted the Boltons. 

The north will become lifeless but Jon and his walking dead army will be stopped at the trident.

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

Jon could come back as a wight of the Others or not come back at all and his soul takes refuge in Ghost.  

I would love to see Jon end up in Ghost. (I highly doubt we’ll see a wightified Jon, which is absolutely fine by me.)

I tend to think Varymyr’s prologue was there for a reason. More of a reason than just keeping Varamyr in the story as a wolf in Summer’s pack. The author was educating us about the second life, more than likely because it is going to matter to one of our wargs…

Since I don’t see the potential of Bran’s powers playing out from a wolfskin, that leaves Jon, Sansa, Arya or Rickon. Sansa’s warging abilities are completely unrealized and like to stay that way with her wolf being dead and I think GRRM would need to burn too much fuel writing Rickon into Shaggy. Jon or Arya on the other hand are really good candidates. In my opinion, of course…

Jon seems ready to go…

Spoiler

I also think it’s likely that the Jon story we saw play out on the show was a bastardized rendition of what is to come for Young Griff; similar to how we saw Connington and Jorah Mormont’s stories amalgamated.

But Arya is another good contender for the second life. She’s playing a pretty dangerous game with the Faceless men and I wouldn’t be surprised if they just kill her. It would be another crushing Stark death scene, but I could imagine a suspiciously helpful Nymeria participating in the final struggle against the Others….

On 8/30/2022 at 10:59 PM, Craving Peaches said:

It would be good if there was any evidence to actually back this up. But there never is.

Aux contraire, the evidence is there - though not a wight

Read the Varamyr prologue. Its there for a reason. Jon is a warg, but when his original body is killed his soul is set free to ride the cold air. He can't return to his body because its dead, but he could go to Ghost. However, he can't then leave. There is then however another alternative as he's a warg rather than a common skinchanger like Varamyr. His soul can remain free and as and when required form a new body of snow and ice...

6 minutes ago, Black Crow said:

Aux contraire, the evidence is there - though not a wight

That was the point I was trying to make. Jon may very well be dead and need to be resurrected, but there is no evidence that it will be as a willing thrall of the Others. The most likely options are that Melisandre revives him, or he lives in Ghost, as you say. At that point I can accept that his vacated body may rise as a white but he will not just surrender willingly to the Others to attack everything he's been trying to defend up until this point. I agree that he could posses his wightefied body. But he will not just come back as a servant of the others with no fight to begin exterminating everyone in Westeros.

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

That was the point I was trying to make. Jon may very well be dead and need to be resurrected, but there is no evidence that it will be as a willing thrall of the Others. The most likely options are that Melisandre revives him, or he lives in Ghost, as you say. At that point I can accept that his vacated body may rise as a white but he will not just surrender willingly to the Others to attack everything he's been trying to defend up until this point. I agree that he could posses his wightefied body. But he will not just come back as a servant of the others with no fight to begin exterminating everyone in Westeros.

No talking about wights [who are dead] but white walkers [who are not dead]

Archived