MCU: The Wong Dynasty

SpaceChampion

So episode 3 of She-Hulk was actually an improvement. Feels like it’s getting into its groove a bit more, after the mess of the first 2 episodes. You can see how it could work.

Im not going to say it was actually funny, but it did a much better impression of a comedy than before, there were some decent lines, Wong was good in it. Comic timing is almost there.

Of course the show dipped its feet quite heavily into man hating this episode, the agenda centred writing is written in huge neon letters. Felt like the ‘B plot’ was there for no other reason than to allow the writers to fit in more digs at the clownish stereotype cis white male character. Maybe the whole show will be that by the end?

Lucklly they are controlling their own narrative, getting ahead of the story by throwing in that scene about man babies on the internet.. because if you don’t like this show then you must be a misogynist.. and now back to our regular programme of hating men. 

This show definitely got better this episode, even if I don’t know what a Megan thee stallion is ( thank god), and if it continues it might even become good.

As for Jen watch, nothing to report really, this episode barely touched her character. The only time she wasn’t lawyering she was of course whining about her lot and being full of self pity again. So nothing new there.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Of course the show dipped its feet quite heavily into man hating this episode, the agenda centred writing is written in huge neon letters. Felt like the ‘B plot’ was there for no other reason than to allow the writers to fit in more digs at the clownish stereotype cis white male character. Maybe the whole show will be that by the end?

Lucklly they are controlling their own narrative, getting ahead of the story by throwing in that scene about man babies on the internet.. because if you don’t like this show then you must be a misogynist.. and now back to our regular programme of hating men. 

The very fact that the writers of this show could accurately predict the behavior of “man babies” with enough accuracy to write and produce this episode is rather funny… and pathetic (by the “man babies”.)

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The very fact that the writers of this show could accurately predict the behavior of “man babies” with enough accuracy to write and produce this episode is rather funny… and pathetic (by the “man babies”.)

They didn't accurately predict it though. I haven't seen anyone complain about the fact there is a She-Hulk or that shes a woman. Weirdly enough the vast majority of the critique I've seen has been about the quality of the writing and the lazy agenda based themes underpinning the whole show, all of which is totally valid.

It's just the standard tactic shows like this use to deflect criticism. Firstly misrepresent what people are criticising you for, straw-man anyone who thinks your product is bad, and then get ahead of the game before anyone actually has a chance to even see your show. Tell the world that you are prepared for the 'backlash', warn the actors they will have to deal with the hate, create the narrative before anyone else has a chance. We've seen it over and over again, especially from Disney, remember Obi Wan? 

14 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

They didn't accurately predict it though. I haven't seen anyone complain about the fact there is a She-Hulk or that shes a woman. Weirdly enough the vast majority of the critique I've seen has been about the quality of the writing and the lazy agenda based themes underpinning the whole show, all of which is totally valid.

It's just the standard tactic shows like this use to deflect criticism. Firstly misrepresent what people are criticising you for, straw-man anyone who thinks your product is bad, and then get ahead of the game before anyone actually has a chance to even see your show. Tell the world that you are prepared for the 'backlash', warn the actors they will have to deal with the hate, create the narrative before anyone else has a chance. We've seen it over and over again, especially from Disney, remember Obi Wan? 

Because there aren’t living breathing caricatures of people screaming their bloody heads off over empowered female characters on streaming TV… uh huh.  And Bukowski is an inaccurate representation of entitled man children everywhere (that bear a striking resemblance to the son of a losing one term former President who lives in Florida and loves the Russian dictator… ).

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It’s funny.  It’s “Ally McBeal” with a big green superpowed Ally.  Why would Asgardian “construction workers” come to work with superpowered weapons?  

If I’m confused by anything it is how the “post-blip” world is actually constitued.

The Wrecking Crew are classic, don’t think too hard, Marvel villains equipped with enchanted construction implements (courtesy of mistaken identity by Karnilla the Norn Queen). Might actually be better to assume that they are things stolen from Asgardian construction workers than wonder how Karnilla mistook Wrecker for Loki. 

edited to correct fictional history. 

For some reason it bothered me more this episode, but the CG is unforgivably bad in places. When she first walked in her office her walk looked terrible, she was like a PS1 rendered character. Why exactly did they make this rule that she’s always She-Hulk at work? It doesn’t seem to have any plot relevance, and it’s forcing them to display bad CG for a huge chunk of the runtime. For all that they’ve changed her face, you might as well just paint Maslany green and stick a big suit on her.

48 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

For some reason it bothered me more this episode, but the CG is unforgivably bad in places. When she first walked in her office her walk looked terrible, she was like a PS1 rendered character. Why exactly did they make this rule that she’s always She-Hulk at work? It doesn’t seem to have any plot relevance, and it’s forcing them to display bad CG for a huge chunk of the runtime. For all that they’ve changed her face, you might as well just paint Maslany green and stick a big suit on her.

Yeah, if she's not meeting clients, what's the point?

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Something about Wong just seemed off to me in this episode. I just can't put my finger on what it is.

Yeah, the story seemed strange (no pun intended). Would he just abduct Abomination? And they simply took the story Blonsky told in ep2 at face value, when it's false?

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

I noticed it as well. The transformation from Blonsky into The Abomination looked particularly bad. It almost felt like something from the CW. I think they used another hard cut, similar to what they've been using for Jen's transformations in She Hulk.

Archived