MCU: The Wong Dynasty

SpaceChampion

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Hah, I hate that line. Because the idea that all these alien invasions and whatnot are happening because "strength invites challenge" is ridiculous, but also cause he starts with "I have an equation" and then....doesn't give an equation. He just spews some bullshit about how all the bad stuff is somehow their fault.

I like that movie but the whole central conflict is so stupid. 

I agree, I honestly don't understand Tony's side in that film. If the U.N. had to vote every time the Avengers were needed, nothing would get done. I'd love if that film had Cap signing the bill, only for a monster to attack a major city five minutes later, killing thousands. "So yea, I guess we need to wait for you guys to vote now, before we can help anyone, right", lol

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

What really gets me is Ross playing footage from the end of The Avengers as if them stopping an alien invasion was a bad thing because people still got hurt. Like wtf? They were going to nuke the city.

Yea, weren't the U.N. or whoever those shadow figures Furry was talking to, the ones who wanted to blow up NYC? I love how Ross is trying to imply that invasion is somehow the Avengers fault. He does know Loki and Thanos would have attacked the Earth, regardless if the Avengers existed or not, lol

Thor was indeed kind of shitty. Some decent jokes with no real framework or plot, though it was at least very pretty in 4k hdr. 

She Hulk was awesome and very reminiscent of some of the better Buffy episodes, doing the cool thing of showcasing her wanting a normal life with her having to fight demons.

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

Hah, I hate that line. Because the idea that all these alien invasions and whatnot are happening because "strength invites challenge" is ridiculous, but also cause he starts with "I have an equation" and then....doesn't give an equation. He just spews some bullshit about how all the bad stuff is somehow their fault.

I like that movie but the whole central conflict is so stupid. 

To add to this list of reasons to hate the line, it also fucks up the Iron Man retcon from 2008 to 2010. 

Secret Invasion looks really great, Werewolf By Night looks … I mean I don’t know what the fuck that is.

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Werewolf By Night looks … I mean I don’t know what the fuck that is.

The word you're searching for is awesome. To be fair I read a leak of the plot a while back so I had a pretty good idea wtf it was going in. I didn't realize they were going to go full B-movie/grindhouse/shitty tv movie with it. but I am here for it. 

Supposedly they were going to release two versions, black and white and color. I wonder if maybe the color one could have other differences too? Probably not, but it would be cool if they had different tones. 

4 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Oh. OOOOoooh. Now I get it.

I thought she was talking about her vagina.  

I feel stupid but I need this joke explained to me. 

5 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Looks like The Leader is the villain of Captain America: New World Order.

I hope they have some fun with his super villain name. Like did he start out as "the goon" and move upwards? Was at a fake it till you make it kinda thing? Were there just a bunch of guys breaking out of SHIELD jail saying "WE NEED A LEADER!" and he stepped up? 

Anyway I'm so glad they got Tim Blake Nelson back. He's was so great on Watchmen. 

I'm confused are they actually expanding and putting on Rogers: The Musical? That Hawkeye post credits bit in the entire MCU where I just wanted it to stop. 

I'm glad they haven't forgotten about Ghost!  

I think I misunderstood what Thunderbolts was. Like I already like all these people, I don't consider any of them villains. Except maybe Ghost. Taskmaster is a tragic blank slate. Where's Zemo?

Archived