MCU: The Wong Dynasty

SpaceChampion

New crackpot theory: The reason Daredevil is getting a yellow suit is that he's newer to the game...reflecting his initial yellow suit in the comics. The Netflix show takes place later on...

Mind you, I've not watch the Netflix shows, so this probably doesn't work...

12 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

New crackpot theory: The reason Daredevil is getting a yellow suit is that he's newer to the game...reflecting his initial yellow suit in the comics. The Netflix show takes place later on...

Season one of Daredevil serves as his origin story. I'm waiting to see if he mentions Karen or Foggy but I suspect they're "soft rebooting" in a way where they'll try not to contradict the netflix show whenever possible without ever actually saying if it was set in the sacred timeline or not.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/16/daredevil-born-again-will-ignore-previous-series-lore-according-to-actor-charlie-cox/

Cox dropped the unexpected, albeit unsurprising revelation during an interview with extraTV at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California. “It is a Season 1, it is not Season 4, so it is a whole new thing. Which I think is the way to go. If you are going to do it again, do it differently,” the actor remarked, citing Kevin Feige as the source of the change.

I’m not sure this tells us much or actually means very much, but it does make me worried. Everything I’ve seen so far Daredevil related in this MCU has been quite bad and out of wack with the Netflix series and I am scared as to what they will do to the character.

We aren’t going to get a dark gritty ultra violent version of the character, I guess that much is obvious. But how light and fluffy they make it is still to be seen. Him appearing in the fluffiest of all the MCU shows is not a good sign, this new version of his outfitter being an extra from Sex and the City is not exactly gritty , Kingpin supposedly being mishandled in Hawkeye ( I couldn’t get that far) and Matt appearing in a Spider-Man movie all point to a far more lightweight ‘fun’ iteration. No idea how that would work.

The corridor scene in that first season is maybe the best fight scene ever on tv , I see little chance of anything like that happening again

Its a comic book show. Simply look at is Vol. 2, Season 1.  Like getting a new comic book starting at issue 1 because new creators coming on board.  Doesn't mean the other stuff didn't happen, but first issues sell better apparently...

(I personally prefer legacy numbering and hate this aspect of the comic book industry these days...)

Just now, Jaxom 1974 said:

Its a comic book show. Simply look at is Vol. 2, Season 1.  Like getting a new comic book starting at issue 1 because new creators coming on board.  Doesn't mean the other stuff didn't happen, but first issues sell better apparently...

(I personally prefer legacy numbering and hate this aspect of the comic book industry these days...)

Not a problem for them to do it differently, the signs are not good as to what approach they might take though

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Not a problem for them to do it differently, the signs are not good as to what approach they might take though

Here's how I view it. They liked certain things the Netflix shows did, such as Dare Devil and the Kingpin, but they didn't like everything, such as Iron First, the Punisher and possibly Luke Cage. So the Netflix actors are being brought into the MCU, for the characters Disney thought worked really well, while the ones they didn't like are not coming over. We'll probably see new actor/actresses for Stick, Electra and Bullseye. Just my 2cents.

17 minutes ago, sifth said:

Here's how I view it. They liked certain things the Netflix shows did, such as Dare Devil and the Kingpin, but they didn't like everything, such as Iron First, the Punisher and possibly Luke Cage. So the Netflix actors are being brought into the MCU, for the characters Disney thought worked really well, while the ones they didn't like are not coming over. We'll probably see new actor/actresses for Stick, Electra and Bullseye. Just my 2cents.

Sure, there is probably also an element of which characters were popular and which could work within the Disney brand, which can sell toys.. that kind of thing.

The question is whether they sanitise DD to put it on Disney+. Almost certainly they will, but to what extent. Will we get a jokey, over saturated lightweight version of the character and how well is that going and to work and will it still be distinctive 

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

The question is whether they sanitise DD to put it on Disney+. Almost certainly they will, but to what extent. Will we get a jokey, over saturated lightweight version of the character and how well is that going and to work and will it still be distinctive 

The old show is already on Disney+ though. So obviously nothing they did there was too dark or violent for Disney+

I don’t think anyone expected it to be a Season 4. Strongly suspect it’ll be threading the needle, don’t contradict Netflix DD but don’t assume knowledge of it. I’d be shocked if they flat out contradicted it after the details in Hawkeye. 

As to the tone, yea I’m nervous. Disney+ hasn’t really knocked any of these shows out of the park (I guess maybe Moon Knight and Ms Marvel were the best so far?) so could go either way. I certainly won’t go in assuming it’ll be of Netflix standard.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

I don’t think anyone expected it to be a Season 4. Strongly suspect it’ll be threading the needle, don’t contradict Netflix DD but don’t assume knowledge of it. I’d be shocked if they flat out contradicted it after the details in Hawkeye. 

As to the tone, yea I’m nervous. Disney+ hasn’t really knocked any of these shows out of the park (I guess maybe Moon Knight and Ms Marvel were the best so far?) so could go either way. I certainly won’t go in assuming it’ll be of Netflix standard.

I rather liked Loki. Majors performance in the season final was particularly amazing, IMO.  

On 9/16/2022 at 6:06 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

He ordered a red suit and the contractor ordered the wrong dye. By the time they caught it it was too late. Then they said, "It's fine. He won't notice."

-

She-Hulk episode 5: Best episode yet. Easily the funniest and least clunky episode. I think this show is starting to hit it's stride.  

I also love how naked and shameless with the product placement they are. I give it a year (max) before She-Hulk cosmetics and "Avongers" merch hits the shelves. Well played, Disney. Well played. 

1 hour ago, KalVsWade said:

She Hulk cosmetics have been out since day 1. Seen tons of ads for them on Twitter.

And I'd totally buy an avongers shirt

She-Hulk cosmetics from Urban Decay, yes. Not from Titania LLC. 

Billions. They'll make billions. This is merchandising the likes of which George Lucas could never dream of. 

50 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

in an infinite multiverse, there's a 100% chance there's an Avongers team out there 

Featuring:

Thar, a hammer-wielding pirate.

Irun Man, all about that cardio.

The Incredible Hull, a mild-mannered scientist who turns into a boat when he gets angry.

Hawkeye, but it's the one played by Alan Alda.

Blick Widow, absolutely deadly with art supplies.

Dr. Stronge, a master of the mystical arts and intergalactically famous powerlifter.

And Wong, because Wong is a multiversal constant.

When my son was little, I had two shirts from the Cincinnati Zoo that I loved.

One was “Poo at the Zoo” with drawings of about twelve different animal poops.  Self explanatory why I loved it. :lol:

My other favorite though was the Zoovengers.  There was a big green elephant in the back.  A rhino was iron man.  A lion was Thor and a tiger was Cap.  It was awesome on a two year old.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

One was “Poo at the Zoo” with drawings of about twelve different animal poops.  Self explanatory why I loved it. :lol:

Were they noticeably distinct? I never really thought about it before but I guess I just assumed poop was poop. Except when it came to birds and their weird all purpose hole. 

My other favorite though was the Zoovengers.  There was a big green elephant in the back.  A rhino was iron man.  A lion was Thor and a tiger was Cap.  It was awesome on a two year old.

But see I bet they got sued and can't sell that one anymore. Zoovongers on the other hand...

Archived