MCU: The Wong Dynasty

SpaceChampion

Yes, that was very solid and very fun. I was 100% expecting the group to turn on her and be revealed as bad guys, and I was pleasantly surprised they did not go in that direction. You could also see Tim Roth having a great time. And the guys giving an unnecessary amount of backstory for their origins and Jen absolutely not GAF was quite amusing.

16 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

If they're going from 25m episodes at 20 episodes per season, should be pretty easy to adapt to 8 to 10 one-hour episodes and remain pretty faithful.  Any word on season length and episode runtime?

Did you mean this for the Avatar: Last Airbender thread?

I am nowhere near as positive on this episode as other people seemingly.

On the plus side I think a single plot for the runtime works a lot better the weird A B splits they’ve had so far. If you are going to do such short episodes you can’t really afford to waste time with 2 plots.

I also think that Blomsky again is the highlight every time he’s on screen. And I’ll talk about it more in Jen watch but there seemed to be some investigation into who Jen is and that was a good thing.

However I was mostly bored by the retreat. On paper this should be a lot of fun but actually I found it deathly dull. 
One of my favourite things since I was young has been crappy comedy superheroes. Ever since I saw the original tick I’ve loved super beings with useless powers done for comedic value. It’s been something that’s been done a million times since then, and I have to say done to MUCH greater effect elsewhere. Watching this bunch of characters just reminded me of other much better attempts, like Blacula killer from Venture bros, or it made me wish I was watching Peacemaker, a better show. 

The concept was good. The execution was pretty weak. I also didn’t think it was in any way funny. Really weak attempts at humour.. a fart joke. Meh. 

Jen Watch: Interesting for once as the show is acknowledging her flaws openly, momentarily. She is conflicted because She Hulk is the better version of her, that is interesting! FINALLY! so some progression there.

There is still an issue in that everyone is still telling her that Jen is great, even though she is clearly not great. She’s shit. She’s right that She Hulk IS better than her, that’s the problem there. So the show can’t really decide if Jen is flawed or great. 

Men are trash rating: 10!! This might have been a 1 or a 2 just before the last scene.. but it turns out that the only good guy in the entire show is actually using her for evil purposes! What a shit! That is just like a man to do that! How poetic! How symbolic! I was thinking he’d been kidnapped which is why he couldn’t reply, but no, he’s a turd. 

No real fan baiting this episode either that I spotted. 

Given the amount of CGI they'll need for not just Warmachine but the opposing side to make it a "armor" war, I was shocked when they announced it as a series.

Maybe they looked at how stretching Obi-Wan script from feature length to multi episode series didn't do it any favors, and decided their sory was too thin for 6 episodes.

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Supposedly they've thrown that script out and are starting over. 

So is the film being delayed? Last I checked, it was suppose to come out around this time next year.

7 minutes ago, sifth said:

So is the film being delayed? Last I checked, it was suppose to come out around this time next year.

Presumably, if this rumor is true. They haven't announced anything yet.

According to The Direct's sources, writer Beau DeMayo is leading Marvel Studios' efforts to overhaul the movie, starting from scratch and writing a script that is essentially entirely new. DeMayo's work as a writer on Moon Knight and especially as a head writer on X-Men '97 impressed Kevin Feige and other studio executives, leading them to hand over the reins to DeMayo to rebuild Blade's story from the ground up following Osei-Kuffour's work.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-blade-plot-details

14 hours ago, RumHam said:

Presumably, if this rumor is true. They haven't announced anything yet.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-studios-blade-plot-details

What the hell is going on at Disney / Marvel? It used to feel like a really tight ship, but these day 9 out of 10 of their projects seem like chaotic, hastily thrown together garbage. Almost all of their tv shows seem to have a background of rewrites and problems behind the scenes. She-Hulk appears to have had a lot of problems and being moved around for just being too shit (it shows). How did this happen?

Archived