MCU: The Wong Dynasty

SpaceChampion

6 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

No one saw them, it wasn't heavily publicized. Shockingly much like cops people don't care about major damage if no one's looking. 

Plus, ya know, actual criminal with kidnapping involved there. 

IRON MAN WAS RIGHT

Wasn’t there an offhand comment in that episode about the Sokovia accords being repealed?

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Wasn’t there an offhand comment in that episode about the Sokovia accords being repealed?

Yep, and that's a stupid-ass move. IRON MAN WAS RIGHT. Power without oversight is dictatorial! DOWN WITH THE SUPER HEROES

1 minute ago, Corvinus85 said:

But who oversees the superheroes? People with agendas. CAP WAS RIGHT.

That's okay, we'll just put the supreme court over all of this and there's no way that goes bad

Yea, that was a fucking weird finale. A real mess. I’m so confused to be honest, so she rewrote the finale and replaced it with … nothing? She just walks back out and Todd’s being arrested, that’s kinda it? Can anyone honestly explain to me what occurred? Like, what actual events did transpire and which were undone? Does Hulk really have a son?

I could give it a pass if they made the same 4th wall joke, and then actually had a lower key but satisfying ending. But it was just one giant 4th wall joke of an ending. 

Have to agree with HoI on most points, it feels like the entire series has been so distracted by getting out in front of potential criticisms, that they forgot to give it any substance. It was about nothing. Feel like I’ll need to sit on it a few days but, I think it was easily the worst D+ show, actually really bad in a lot of ways. I kinda respect that they’re at least attempting weird stuff but they need to really land one of these series, overall the D+ shows have largely been a flop for me. Occasionally good, mostly average and too often confused about what they want to be.

Didn't like the big twist, but there were things in the finale I liked such as Daredevil with Jen's family. Definitely a lot to like about the overall season though and I'd watch if there was another. Jen's awful dating luck, Jen's chemistry with multiple characters such as Daredevil and Bruce. The skillful skewering of toxic men. There was a lot to like. Really glad to have DD in the MCU.

56 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea, that was a fucking weird finale. A real mess. I’m so confused to be honest, so she rewrote the finale and replaced it with … nothing? She just walks back out and Todd’s being arrested, that’s kinda it? Can anyone honestly explain to me what occurred? Like, what actual events did transpire and which were undone? Does Hulk really have a son?

Yeah, Skaar is Hulk's son in the comics. I thought this may have been a glib loop back to Jennifer's 4th wall bit in the previous episode about last minute reveals or whatever, but it could be a legit MCU move. I suppose. 

Tatiana was fantastic of course [smash Daredevil lol] and there was a fair bit of humor, but the complaints don't light me on fire. I get it. Not sure how hot I am for a second season myself. Looking forward to seeing her in subsequent films though.  

3 hours ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Yeah, they are. Titania would have had to do this as well if she didn't have a good media and lawyer brand. Jen kind of caved fast because she's not used to this kind of spotlight or dealing with trolls like this. 

Was that ever stated in the show? I honestly can't remember it ever coming up.

9 minutes ago, JGP said:

Yeah, Skaar is Hulk's son in the comics. I thought this may have been a glib loop back to Jennifer's 4th wall bit in the previous episode about last minute reveals or whatever, but it could be a legit MCU move. I suppose. 

I genuinely didn’t get what we were supposed to take from the episode as actually factual; she didn’t like the way it was going so she stopped it, but does that mean Blonsky was still in with the Inteligencia people? Does that fact, but not the event, remain? Then she was basically God in the way she summoned DD, so I thought maybe the whole ending was just some fantasy of hers… no idea. 

16 minutes ago, sifth said:

Was that ever stated in the show? I honestly can't remember it ever coming up.

Kinda briefly - where she was able to argue that she smashed through a wall and fought She-Hulk because she had low blood sugar or something like that. Titania's branding and popularity were pretty covered otherwise.

10 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I genuinely didn’t get what we were supposed to take from the episode as actually factual; she didn’t like the way it was going so she stopped it, but does that mean Blonsky was still in with the Inteligencia people? Does that fact, but not the event, remain? Then she was basically God in the way she summoned DD, so I thought maybe the whole ending was just some fantasy of hers… no idea. 

So everything we saw after she popped back from KEVIN happened. Since KEVIN is basically the god of the Marvel universe it did dictate what happened, and (mostly) agreed with her. 

- Blonsky did turn into Abomination for doing talks and specifically did talk/invite Todd et al, and that violated his parole. He turned himself in and will be out in 10 years, or sooner for good Wonging.

- Smart Hulk did not show up at that event but did show up later. 

- Daredevil popped by, too late but at least somewhat in time to help Jen out

- Titania did show up at the end, just in time to broadcast things. Unclear why Jen didn't want her away, but it ended up working out. 

- Todd did not go for her blood; his whole plot was instead to just smear She-Hulk.

19 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Wait, so it undid other episodes? Did the wrecking crew attack happen?

The point of the ending is that She-Hulk realised that the writers of She-Hulk are terrible, don’t know what they are doing,  and she has to do something about it. That is possibly the most well observed moment of the entire show.

So there is probably no value in asking serious logical questions about why things happened.

Looks like a civil war is about to break out. 

Cap was right btw. I just like his side... no real logical argument here. Do not want to see superheroes confined. 

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

I could give it a pass if they made the same 4th wall joke, and then actually had a lower key but satisfying ending. But it was just one giant 4th wall joke of an ending. 

I will attempt this lol. Original ending was, HulkKing gets superpowers too, it is implied that Hulk blood is now a dangerous super-power giving potion out in the wild. Hulk explains what he was up to in Sakaar, and possibly Skaar also enters the fighting (Yeah, he was to be introduced before things got changed, Kevin stops just short of saying it). Abomination does not get redeemed, continues to use his powers for financial benefit, and it all leads up to a movie. 

The whiteboard in the writer's room with the white board that says 'finale' has a bunch of things that may be clues. These are "gamma goo", "nanobots!", "there is something attractive about a man's knees", "stop it in", "it's nice to see Yoo", "in-Ched-ible Hulk", "day job", "are you sure there's a real Apple", "hope you are not a****** to wowies" (cannot read this word), and "but there is no wowie at the end". 

She-Hulk breaks fourth wall, argues with the writers, changes things so that HulkKing only hacks her phone and does not steal her blood, so there is no Hulk-serum out in the wild, Hulk gets cancelled, Abomination repents using his power for financial gain and dodging the system. Night turns to day, yeah Todd just gets arrested. Daredevil shows up, Kevin finds another way to introduce Skaar... but there is not going to be a She-Hulk movie. 

26 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Wait, so it undid other episodes? Did the wrecking crew attack happen?

No, that happened. But Josh stealing her blood didn't. Josh just slept with her and filmed her to expose her as a slut. 

5 hours ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Also, the most unrealistic part of She-Hulk is that Tatiana would have difficulties finding guys who want to date her. Finding guys who aren't absolute scum, sure, but actually just finding guys? Not a chance. 

I can assure her after Orphan Black she'd have no issues finding a lady instead. I'm kinda impressed HoI thinks he's out of her league or something though.

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

does that mean Blonsky was still in with the Inteligencia people? 

He wasn't though, he was taking their money to do a shitty motivational talk but I don't think we were meant to think he was involved in them beyond using them for pay cheques and his group therapy with the other guys was legit. But he was turning into abomination for the motivational talks so still a parole violation.

9 hours ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

No, that happened. But Josh stealing her blood didn't. Josh just slept with her and filmed her to expose her as a slut. 

Which was a past episode, so this does look really messy. There’s a Reddit post where someone says everything up to Jen’s interruption of the meeting is real, everything after that not, with 2k upvotes. So I guess that makes sense to people? I dunno, feels like we’re just picking a point that‘s the least troublesome rather than the show actually explaining anything.

Also been confused with the last few posts until I realised we have a Titania and a Tatiana. 

The discussion about rewatching these shows; yea I have to agree, I love the MCU and I’ve rewatched it a bunch of times (particularly Civil War - Infinity War - Endgame) but really don’t see the appeal of a rewatch of the shows. Maybe years later I might, but that holds no interest right now.

27 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Which was a past episode, so this does look really messy. There’s a Reddit post where someone says everything up to Jen’s interruption of the meeting is real, everything after that not, with 2k upvotes. So I guess that makes sense to people? I dunno, feels like we’re just picking a point that‘s the least troublesome rather than the show actually explaining anything.

Jen changed the ending of the show, I don’t really see how she changed things that happened before the ending. Either way it doesn’t matter,  it was all totally throw away stuff put in there so they could get to the KEVIN joke at the end. Nothing means anything. 

Archived