US Politics: Hey wanna come to my office and see some Top Secret Eyes only documents?

Ser Scot A Ellison

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Advanced Dementia! I call in to tell the world Advanced Dementia!

Projection! So much projection!  Cannot stop projecting!  

Or lying. Or stealing.

But more seriously folks, now gingrich is in the hot seat, his treason participation revealed.  Glad to see this is how he shall end his days in history.

What’s the deal with Gingrich?

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What’s the deal with Gingrich?

Like Ginny Thompson he's up past his eyebrows in planning the false electors, planning to steal the voting machines, planning the coup, planning everything to overturn the election, and if he couldn't do that, make the coup.

He also worked hand-in-hand with Ginny to do it.  Letters, fone calls, memos, etc. are the evidence.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Not entirely.  Just had a long talk with my Dad.  He voted for Trump twice and sees the danger now but he, and he claims others like him, remain angry and frustrated with the options presented to him.  He claims his anger stems from MSM being in the bag for Democratic Politicans.

He says he will simply stop voting.  I wonder how many on the non-MAGA right will follow that example?  Could that be part of the reason for Democratic pick ups in unexpected locales?

It sounds like rather than quit voting he needs to become a proponent for ranked-choice voting.

Scott -- here's one of the stories from yesterday about gingrich from the NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/us/politics/jan-6-panel-gingrich.html

Also, if you don't want to read, there's NPR (though lordessa knows how they will soft pedal all this because They do!):

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/02/1120687160/jan-6-panel-is-asking-former-house-speaker-newt-gingrich-for-information

FBI materials seized from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home included 90 empty folders
Revelation raises possibility that some of government’s most highly sensitive documents may still be unaccounted for

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/02/trump-fbi-search-materials-list-fbi-latest

Among the items the FBI retrieved from Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort this month were 90 empty folders marked classified or for return to the White House staff secretary or a military aide, according to a detailed inventory of items made public on Friday.

The inventory – unsealed by a federal judge overseeing the former president’s request to get a so-called special master to determine what materials the justice department can use in its investigation – provided the fullest picture to date of what Trump had retained.

In itemizing the contents of boxes of seized materials, the inventory, put together by the justice department, showed the FBI retrieved 71 empty folders from Trump’s office and 19 empty folders from a storage room when agents executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago earlier this month.

The empty folders carried one of two designations, according to the inventory: some files had “Classified” banners, while other files were labeled “Return to Staff Secretary/Military Aide”, appearing to indicate that highly sensitive documents were not returned as designated.

Though the exact circumstances behind the empty folders were not clear, the startling discovery raised for the first time the prospect that some of the government’s most closely guarded secrets could remain unaccounted for, even after the FBI went through Mar-a-Lago and retrieved materials from the property.

Hypothetically, if Trump won election from state prison (let's say that Fulton GA case goes haywire), what happens? The President can't pardon state crimes (and interestingly, Georgia is one of three states where the governor does not have any pardon power), but the idea of trying to serve in office from a cell seems...difficult.

Not saying it'll ever happen, just curious what the hell the mechanisms even are.

Yeah, but they still haven't subpoenaed Ginny Thomas.

ION, the Trump judge now unsealed the inventory of the stolen goods at the Mar-aLair. Or missing from there, in some cases. Anyway, she still breaks all conventions for him.

Oops, I didn't see it had been posted already.

4 minutes ago, Fez said:

Not saying it'll ever happen, just curious what the hell the mechanisms even are.

There are no mechanisms.  The Framers were so silly in thinking the American public would never elect somebody in prison.

WHERE HAVE ALL THE FOLDERS GONE?

Where have all the classifieds gone?
   Just ask the Saudis!
Where have all the top secrets gone?
  Only Putin knows!

Trump stole them every one.
Trump sold them every one.

To the tune of Where Have All the Flowers Gone.  Apologies to Pete Seeger and Peter, Paul and Mary

25 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Where have all the top secrets gone?

Or maybe -- in order to spare interiors of others' heads I'll stick it in spoilers, and lordessa save me, that this came into MY mind:

Spoiler

They were jerked off to and on by so many so many times the dox went away.

In the meantime the always so reasonably surprised NPR program 1A reports to us that "the word fascism has come into the news this week. Why is this and what does it mean?"

Clue, according to 1A what 'it means' is that the reichlicans' feefees are very hurt which means Biden is divisive.

6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Or maybe -- in order to spare interiors of others' heads I'll stick it in spoilers, and lordessa save me, that this came into MY mind:

Reveal hidden contents

They were jerked off to and on by so many so many times the dox went away.

:lmao:   Trying to find a tune to those spoilers!   

edt; in that case, I hope they don't find the docs pertaining to Macron's affairs!   ewwww

3 hours ago, Fez said:

Hypothetically, if Trump won election from state prison (let's say that Fulton GA case goes haywire), what happens? The President can't pardon state crimes (and interestingly, Georgia is one of three states where the governor does not have any pardon power), but the idea of trying to serve in office from a cell seems...difficult.

The first mechanism would be Georgia amending its constitution to give the governor pardoning powers. But they'll fire the prosecuting AG long before then. 

As regards the hypothetical end state I believe the answer is obvious. Trump would do the exact same thing I would do. Call upon whomever granted him the office to secure his liberty and avenge against his wrongdoers... Where have I seen such a script...?

26 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

FPOTUS said he'll look very favorably at granting full pardons to the insurrectionsists, with an apology. Cue: NYT editorial about Biden's speech being divisive... tomorrow?

I just looked at the J6C website for the new season’s schedule, it’s not up yet.  What might Chaney will say about this?  Hope she’s absolutely brutal. 

Archived