US Politics: Hey wanna come to my office and see some Top Secret Eyes only documents?

Ser Scot A Ellison

27 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I'm totally confused.  My recollection is that you prefer Biden to Trump.  But you're also in favor of increasing everyone's energy cost, stopping domestic oil and gas production, reducing the food supply, and importing oil from Iran or Venezuela?  Is that accurate, or what's the issue?

And what's the personal attack on LongRider there?  I hadn't considered you at all when I wrote that.

This is who the organizers of the Trump rally chose to highlight as someone “unjustly” emprisoned for their actions on 1/6/2021… and actual Neo-Nazi.  Is Trump still your guy?  When he’s defending literal neo-Nazi’s:

Does nobody remember this?

I seem to remember Trump forcing Saudi to reduce oil production by in order to raise global prices.

Can't find a single news story about them increasing production since then.

ETA: Yes, I know this picture was taken relatively early into his presidency and the dodgy oil deal was done much later.

Investigators are ordered to stop any use of the documents.

Do believe that horse has gone, leaving behind empty top secret folders, which, as they are empty, can't be used, right?

Is the idea here that investigators are to stop using the dox to prove romperman stole classified and top secret dox?  Wotdahell?  He's admitted it over and over, on video and twits.

20 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

Special master ordered for Trump docs, in sign that us continues to fight rule of law

So, a Trump judge has inserted herself into the middle of the investigation. Let us hope she enjoys the limelight. It must be amazing to be Trump. Since at least his school days there is constantly minions leaping out to save him from the latest bad behavior. It really is like being King Joffrey.

1 minute ago, Martell Spy said:

onstantly minions leaping out to save him from the latest bad behavior.

No better proof than this to show how utterly criminally corrupt is every institution in this country.  That's how thugs take over entire nations.

13 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Do believe that horse has gone, leaving behind empty top secret folders, which, as they are empty, can't be used, right?

This is a bullshit take. There are plenty of non-empty folders.

13 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Is the idea here that investigators are to stop using the dox to prove romperman stole classified and top secret dox?  Wotdahell?  He's admitted it over and over, on video and twits.

The idea is to claim all the documents are property of Trump, not the governments.

14 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

This is a bullshit take. There are plenty of non-empty folders.

The idea is to claim all the documents are property of Trump, not the governments.

And only Trump and his servants can be trusted with properly storing them. Because they are excellent at that.

She apparently also "reserves" her judgment on whether or not the stolen documents should be returned. A summary:

ETA: Oh, oh, I forgot: If this gets decided via an emergency appeal, or whatever it's called, guess which single justice would decide that? Don't spoil it if you know!

LMFAO.

3 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

What a grotesque fork in the road weve arrived at.

Is there nothing or no-one that can hold this enemy of the state accountable?

DireWolfSpirit -- yes, the voters, 2024 ;)

5 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

What a grotesque fork in the road weve arrived at.

Is there nothing or no-one that can hold this enemy of the state accountable?

Nope! It turns out that the checks and balances we have are largely political and largely normative - there is massive discretion in practicing them or not. Have the right people in the right places and they simply don't matter. 

The remedies that the US population has at this point are extra legal at this point. 

1 minute ago, Wade1865 said:

No, the voters won't matter here either thanks to many of the levers of voting being made obsolete combined with a willingness to use or threaten political violence. 

1 minute ago, KalVsWade said:

Nope! It turns out that the checks and balances we have are largely political and largely normative - there is massive discretion in practicing them or not. Have the right people in the right places and they simply don't matter. 

My formative and prep education has proven to be a fraud.

5 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

You are far more optimistic than i am. I have very little faith we can pull off a free/fair election against the group that is unwilling to abide by a system of majority rules. They will not be deterred by simply having less votes.

Archived