US Politics: Hey wanna come to my office and see some Top Secret Eyes only documents?

Ser Scot A Ellison

Out of the mouth of... er, other criminals!

- Oh, and I just saw this little nugget:

In her order, Cannon said the appointment of a special master was necessary “to ensure at least the appearance of fairness and integrity under the extraordinary circumstances presented.”

So on top of her questionable rulings, she basically says this won't be a fair process for poor FPOTUS anyway. Fascinating.

12 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

In her order, Cannon said the appointment of a special master was necessary “to ensure at least the appearance of fairness and integrity under the extraordinary circumstances presented.”

So on top of her questionable rulings, she basically says this won't be a fair process for poor FPOTUS anyway. Fascinating.

That statement sounds a lot like what judges always say - "avoiding the appearance of impropriety," etc.  Some of this really does seem to me like grasping at straws.  Including the "run out the clock" thing, which I didn't realize til today meant November 2024.  Part of her order yesterday included both parties to submit lists of preferred special masters by Friday.  Everything thus far has been generally very quick, relative to court proceedings.

23 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I honestly think she just doesn't want to deal with his bullshit. Look at how quickly the FBI faced violence after they went to retrieve the stolen documents. 

But that is an entirely different statement. "Avoiding even the appearance of impropriety" implies that the process is proper, but additional measures are taken so not even the impression of impropriety should arise. Cannon really states almost the opposite: The process is not proper, let's at least give it the appearance of fairness etc. That's a huge difference.

As for the clock, that's not exactly what I said... although it wouldn't surprise me if they got close to 2024. Investigations can only begin after the sm has finished.

Really, just because we disagree, doesn't mean I'm grasping at straws.

ETA: Ofc his lawyer things it will go much, much faster, lol:

10 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

But that is an entirely different statement. "Avoiding even the appearance of impropriety" implies that the process is proper, but additional measures are taken so not even the impression of impropriety should arise. Cannon really states almost the opposite: The process is not proper, let's at least give it the appearance of fairness etc. That's a huge difference.

It's not a huge difference at all.  The emphasis in both is on the appearance of fairness, which, again, is what judges say.

13 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

As for the clock, that's not exactly what I said... although it wouldn't surprise me if they got close to 2024. Investigations can only begin after the sm has finished.

You said earlier today that the hope in running out the clock was "to make it to the next election and Republican government," and then subsequently said the worry was about her delaying even appointment of a special master for up to a year.  If that's not about "running out the clock" until 2024 then what is it about?

Details On Foreign Government's Nuclear Secrets Reportedly Found In Mar-A-Lago Search
Such information is so classified only the president and some members of the Cabinet or high-ranking officials know about them.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-mar-a-lago-classified-nuclear_n_6317e18ae4b027aa40558295

FBI agents found a highly classified document detailing a foreign government’s nuclear capabilities when they searched former President Donald Trump’s Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago, last month, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The newspaper, citing people familiar with the search, said the FBI found documents about top-secret U.S. operations that are so classified only the president and some members of the Cabinet or high-ranking officials could know about them. Such secrets are often contained to a small group of just a few dozen people and are shared only on a need-to-know basis and are kept in a secure facility under extreme security measures.

But the FBI found such documents when it searched the Florida club that includes Trump’s residence on Aug. 8. They were among more than 100 classified files kept at the estate even after Trump’s aides said they had turned over all of the White House records they had taken there.

The Post’s report reflects the serious concerns government officials had about the material stashed at Mar-a-Lago for 18 months, since Trump left office, and adds context to the extraordinary decision to search the former president’s compound in early August.

24 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Btw, I thought France, too, but it could also be Israel (and others ofc, but I keep thinking about those 2 Billion for Jared). Then again, he really hates Macron.

If we're playing this Bingo game, France seems too obvious. Trump having dirt on who Macron may be boning sounds far more plausible. Israel came to mind too, but again, for what purpose? To sell to the Saudis? 

I'll throw China's hat into the ring. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

If we're playing this Bingo game, France seems too obvious. Trump having dirt on who Macron may be boning sounds far more plausible. Israel came to mind too, but again, for what purpose? To sell to the Saudis? 

I'll throw China's hat into the ring. 

Stop thinking small, he sold that info to more than one buyer.  Squeeze as much $$$ as can be squoze.  Why should he care if more than one has it?  Show him the money and it's yours.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

As close as possible to the next election.

I totally get this concern.

Our courts really need to forcefully ensure this delusional snake is given the message that- "You had your turn, you've lost, and you are no longer the President."

Its the only way we as a nation can turn the corner from this long shadowed Trumpian nightmare.

I feel like the people cannot afford to lose and the rule of law must prevail against this monster, this is nothing to pooh-pooh about as if its the normal course of affairs.

14 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Stop thinking small, he sold that info to more than one buyer.  Squeeze as much $$$ as can be squoze.  Why should he care if more than one has it?  Show him the money and it's yours.

So you would agree then, China, right?

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So you would agree then, China, right?

If Xi showed them he had the $$$ of course.  As we know, 45 and fam ain't honest or ethical.  One thing he likes about the Magat crowd is so many of them gives him their money.   He could be like an eBay seller, one buyer meets the price, why wouldn't he offer it to another who wants it too?  Sell the item more than once, it's easy to reproduce.   China?  Fuck why not? 

12 minutes ago, LongRider said:

If Xi showed them he had the $$$ of course.  As we know, 45 and fam ain't honest or ethical.  One thing he likes about the Magat crowd is so many of them gives him their money.   He could be like an eBay seller, one buyer meets the price, why wouldn't he offer it to another who wants it too?  Sell the item more than once, it's easy to reproduce.   China?  Fuck why not? 

I just think it makes more sense to blackmail a government that can quietly make it go away.

Just now, Firebrand Jace said:

This news fills me with optimism! There is precedent regarding the transmission of nuclear secrets to foreign powers.

A short drop and a sudden stop.

Or enough people don't care and he gets reelected. 

We're all in agreement that the "leader of the free world" concept is dead, right?

Archived