US Politics: Hey wanna come to my office and see some Top Secret Eyes only documents?

Ser Scot A Ellison

33 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

I too don't think he is shopping them; he's keeping them as trophies, just like he did his Time covers. 

The problem is that Mar-a-lago isn't remotely secure and is absolutely riddled with spies. But I doubt very seriously he was looking for a payout for this. 

But the time covers are fake -- he had them made. The Top Classified dox are real.

1 minute ago, Mindwalker said:

Good news! Hilary did an interview w CBS (Person To Person) and said she would NOT run for President again.

Was that even ever a consideration? I assumed she'd be too busy with Special Master duties...

7 minutes ago, Zorral said:

But the time covers are fake -- he had them made. The Top Classified dox are real.

If 45 didn't shop them, how about Jared?   He could have photographed then quite easily.   Speculation?  Yes, wonder what the IC is speculating about?

1 hour ago, KalVsWade said:

I too don't think he is shopping them; he's keeping them as trophies, just like he did his Time covers. 

The problem is that Mar-a-lago isn't remotely secure and is absolutely riddled with spies. But I doubt very seriously he was looking for a payout for this. 

KalVsWade -- yes, you're correct on both points (moreover, your example of the Time covers are very insightful, well done!). The documents are trophies, mementos, a representation of authority the God Emperor achieved but no longer holds -- painfully more valuable to him than mere money. It reflects his identity and how he expresses it by way of conspicuous / competitive consumption, just like the tribalists with comparable degrees of ambition for women and slaves, et al. Claims of profiteering (and associated high risks / low rewards) is amusingly, gullibly bizarre given his notoriety and wealth.

I'm more than curious to see how this plays out, if he can survive the investigation and inevitable indicments, and still come out on top as an underdog. Utterly fascinating!

@DMC  FYI -- have read the first pages of A.N. Homes's The Unfolding.  Satisfactory so far, though, honestly, as it begins after concession election night 2008, and the plotting's begun, though sharp, pointed and so on, for me, it's also sad and scary, being as it is now the fall weeks ahead of the midterms 2022, and everything's that's come in-between back then and what we're up against now. :fencing:

Holey moley, 

The names of hundreds of U.S. law enforcement officers, elected officials and military members appear on the leaked membership rolls of a far-right extremist group that’s accused of playing a key role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to a report released Wednesday.

The Anti-Defamation League Center on Extremism pored over more than 38,000 names on leaked Oath Keepers membership lists and identified more than 370 people it believes currently work in law enforcement agencies — including as police chiefs and sheriffs — and more than 100 people who are currently members of the military.

Elected officials, police chiefs on leaked Oath Keepers list | AP News

The Anti-Defamation League Center on Extremism pored over more than 38,000 names on leaked Oath Keepers membership lists and identified more than 370 people it believes currently work in law enforcement agencies — including as police chiefs and sheriffs — and more than 100 people who are currently members of the military.

The 370 and 100 are rather on the low end. I would've assumed ten times those numbers.

18 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Holey moley

LongRider -- de nada, no need to panic. As defenders of the constitution and fighters against tyranny, it's a dead movement. I mean, would you go against Uncle Joe's F-15s and nuclear weapons; and survive? No, they've already lost and are no longer a real threat.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Satisfactory so far, though, honestly, as it begins after concession election night 2008

I found it interesting in the review link you provided earlier that the whole thing apparently takes place during the transition (i.e. election night to Obama's inauguration).

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Obama and Biden absolutely play well off of one another and it can be a joy to watch.

They definitely have the most healthy POTUS/VPOTUS relationship in living memory.  Since FDR most of those duos have hated each other...or in Dubya/Cheney's case almost destroyed the world.

40 minutes ago, DMC said:

I found it interesting in the review link you provided earlier that the whole thing apparently takes place during the transition (i.e. election night to Obama's inauguration).

I do not believe the publishers released the novel this week because it turns out this is when (finally! -- t-rmp didn't allow, couldn't stand it) the Obama portraits went up in the White House gallery of the former administrations.  Nor did I have any idea the book would arrive today.  But starting the novel today -- Holy cow!  I am hearing the same characters in the novel saying and melting down aain, in exactly the same way they do in the book -- and continue plotting.  Except their plotting has gone far beyond that period's hopes, dreams, ambitions and determination.  All it takes is endless amounts of money.  Which they had already.  To be totally wired into the system, which they already were.  And caring nothing about the power and control and never letting it go.

O, it will take no time at all to read, which when a new semester is getting going is a plus!

If there were a principle that best embodies why progressives are losing ground so quickly—even as they are correct on the facts, and the law, and the zeitgeist—it must be this tendency to just keep on lawyering the other side’s bad law in the hopes that the lawyering itself will make all the bad faith and crooked law go away. But for those who are genuinely worried that democracy will rise or fall based on whether a case lands before their judges or others, merely explaining legal flaws in pointillist detail isn’t an answer. And soberly explaining that Cannon was wrong about most stuff but correct about two things is decidedly not an answer, either. You do not, under any circumstances, have to hand it to them

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/09/trump-judge-aileen-cannon-court-reform.html

We gotta stop saying how bad the decisions are and start playing hardball 

Archived