Football: When God shuts a window, he opens a new one in January.

A Horse Named Stranger

20 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

What an absolutely laughable penalty decision though.

Well, I didn't see it, but Guardian told me VAR allowed it, so it has to have been stupid.

ETA: watching now, and when they run the situation in replay, it's one where I'd be livid to get it against my team and feel rather awkward if it was given for us.

That was crap. This game highlighted our biggest problem i.e. more often than not we are toothless when the onus is on us to play on the front foot and control possession. We're only consistently effective going forward when we can play on the counter and this has been true for a number of years. Still early in Ten Hag's tenure but that aspect of our game has not improved at all. He's still got a massive job on his hands.

37 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Yeah I know they don't but that'll be weird. They cancelled the games for the weekend, then play CL/EL/ECL midweek and then proceed not to play the next weekend if there are 12 days of mourning.

Who's 'they'? It wasn't the teams who cancelled the PL games. 

Cancelling the games for two weeks seems extreme.

I respect the British monarchy but this is hardly a tragedy, she lived until 96 and reigned for 70 years. We should be celebrating her life, not mourning. If this was the Middle Ages they'd be holding a tournament her honour.

19 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

As far as I've seen, though, the Champions League games are expected to go ahead.

Yeah, Europa league home games in England are also expected to go ahead.

Fans getting shafted *again* because the PL just makes strange decisions, especially when you see other sports and performances going ahead.

1 minute ago, Raja said:

Yeah, Europa league home games in England are also expected to go ahead.

Fans getting shafted *again* because the PL just makes strange decisions, especially when you see other sports and performances going ahead.

The rugby and the cricket are going ahead but the football and the boxing got cancelled. Classy innit.

Archived