Football: When God shuts a window, he opens a new one in January.

A Horse Named Stranger

44 minutes ago, Raja said:

Did not think bournemouth and newcastle had the same number of points

yeah. newcastle should have a couple more wins by now. 

actually not sold on them winning today. just not getting it done in front of goal. but it is pretty surreal seeing them play positive, attacking, pressing possession based football after what we've endured for years.

I don't think Bayern are at the point, where they bring down the curtain on the Nagelsmann era, yet. Their problem in the league atm is their finishing. It's not like they are playing awful by any means, they create enough chances. 

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Nagelsmann's tenure thus far has been no better than Kovac's tenure so I don't think he's all that safe.

The football on display is much better, and Kovac was not popular with the players iirc, and the CL results were also a problem if memory serves. Had Nagelsmann lost against Barca, then I would sign up to the circling vultures. Bayern needs to post results, but I think he still has a bit of rope left. We'll see.

No, the League is sorta must. But there nothing is broken yet by any stretch. They are three points behind Dortmund. Not great, but not horrible. Union and Freiburg (or Hoffenheim) are neglible, as they are not threatening to win the league. Like I said, Dortmund could potentially win the league (let's see how serious Reus injury is). Three points behind Dortmund is not ideal for Bayern, but also far from a catastrophe. Nagelsmann hasn't lost the dressing room. So I don't think he is off to the chopping block just yet. I might be wrong, but it would surprise me.

Archived