Football: When God shuts a window, he opens a new one in January.

A Horse Named Stranger

Hum, know. I acknowledge, that whoever wins the World Cup is the reigning Wolrd Champion. I mean, the 2018 World Cup in Russia was after the annexation of Crimea and France are the reigning Champions. I will not watch the games, but I will acknowledge the results. Otherwise I will be torn between moaning about the season being disrupted, and being glad the season being disrupted giving us the chance to add 1-2 needed players for the offense. Preferably Max after he gets released by Wolfsburg.

There is absolutely a point to be made about 2018 being in the Very Bad Sportswashing coloumn, but I have to admit I did watch it. So I can't retroactively claim some attempted moral high ground there.

I will claim a moral high ground here, but it'll be a very easily ignored high ground.

Carvajal is Spain's best RB. Lucas Vazquez converted to RB a couple of seasons ago and he makes a better fullback than he did a winger – I'd put him down as Spain's second best RB. Then there's Sergi Roberto and Odriozola too. None of them have been selected in tonight's squad though.

Archived