Acrophobia (43?)

Howlin' Howland

If I can get at least six players I would like to run a game of Acrophobia.  I think this would be game 43, if that's wrong please correct me.

The theme would be magic users. 

For these of you who haven't played these are the rules:  each round I will give the name of a magic user and one or more sets of letters.  You create a an answer as if the set of letters were an acronym.   So, for example, if the letters were IPRAF and the theme was Jojen paste you could enter "Ingredients: pureed Reed, acorns, flower."  After that, the other players vote on entries that are still anonymous and that's how you score points.  At the end of seven rounds the player with the most points wins.

Please send your creation to me in a private message - send me a private message thread entitled "Acrophobia #42: [insert your board name here]" Keep using this PM to send subsequent entries.

Scoring

You vote for your favorite three entries in order of preference.

1st place is worth 3 points

2nd place is worth 2 points

3rd place is worth 1 point

You will receive a point for creating an entry and a point for voting.

The player with the highest number of 1st place votes will gain an extra 3 points, 2 points each if there is tie

@a free shadow @Jez Bell @Count Balerion @Dolorous Gabe @Ser Not Appearing @RhaenysBee

20 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

:bowdown:

I will make an effort of some sort

On 9/4/2022 at 6:18 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m in, if we get enough players. Thanks Howland for the tag! :cheers: 

On 9/9/2022 at 6:28 AM, Castellan said:

i will play.

That's 3, 3 to go.  If anyone has sent me a message I haven't received it.

On 9/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, Fragile Bird said:

I’ll play!

11 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Hello all.  Sorry for the long absence.

I'll play, if you'll have me.

That's five, we need one more.  Gabe, if you want to try talking Ser into playing now's the time.  Once we have six players I'll wait about a week before starting the first round to see if we can get one or two more players.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'll play. But you should harass Gabe to harass me to remember to keep doing so.

Gabe, you've got your marching orders.

I'll try to get everyone the topic and letters next week.  I hope to run one round a week.

Also, if everyone includes "acrophobia" and their user names in the subject line of their messages with their first round entries I'd appreciate it.

On 9/4/2022 at 6:18 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m in, if we get enough players. Thanks Howland for the tag! :cheers: 

On 9/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, Fragile Bird said:

I’ll play!

On 9/13/2022 at 6:26 AM, Jez Bell said:

Hello all.  Sorry for the long absence.

I'll play, if you'll have me.

On 9/14/2022 at 7:30 AM, Eternally_His said:

May I join too, or is it too late?

On 9/9/2022 at 6:28 AM, Castellan said:

i will play.

On 9/13/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'll play. But you should harass Gabe to harass me to remember to keep doing so.

On 9/9/2022 at 8:29 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

:bowdown:

I will make an effort of some sort

Round 1:

Pyat Pree

Acronyms:

ISK

WASVB

MJAJRN

Deadline:

Please try to get your entries in by Monday September 26th.  If you want an extension please let me know.

For those of you who already haven’t done so, please send me your entry in a personal message with your username (thanks Gabe, Jez, and Ser).

Also, I recognize brutal letters when I see them, if anyone can pull off a great entry for MJAJRN I will be in awe.

Eternally_His, I think this is the first time you’ve played the game so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Archived