Acrophobia (43?)

Howlin' Howland

Round 7 Results:

1. Hells' lifeless resuscitations: chilling glaciation haunts mankind. (Dolorous Gabe) 1+1+1+3+3+2=11

2. Crystal frozen bodies that render death! (Fragile Bird) 1+1+1=3

3. Holy lolly, revenge coldly: gelid hordes march! (RhaenysBee) 1+1+1+1=4

4. Harken! Library reveals Cold Gods' hidden mythology. (Jez Bell) 1+1+2+1+2+1=8

5. Chilly fellows brazenly trafficking reanimated draftees. (rocksniffer) 1+1+3+1+2+3+2+2=15

6. Cold foreigners! Baby traders! Rotten DEVILS!!! (Castellan) 1+1+2+3+1=8

7. Cold, frigid bastards try ruining daylight. (Ser Not Appearing) 1+1+3+2+3+3+4=17

a free shadow 1=1

Ser wins the final round to finish in second.  A free shadow ruins his bid for a perfect 1 point game.  Rocksniffer continues his trend of scoring well when he doesn't vote.  And Castellan secures the win for this game.

Final Standings:

Castellan 71+8=79

Ser Not Appearing 54+17=71

Dolorous Gabe 54+11=65

Jez Bell 54+8=62

Fragile Bird 48+3=51

rocksniffer 32+15=47

RhaenysBee 31+4=35

Eternally_His 11

a free shadow 1+1=2

Thank you to all who played and I hope you enjoyed the game.  :cheers: Congrats to the winner, Castellan :cheers:

Howland, thank you so much for resuscitating the game with such aplomb :cheers:

Castellan, a well deserved victory. You delivered the most consistently excellent entries :cheers:

Given how rusty we were I think the standard was high, so thanks and well done to all you wonderful acrophobes

Good to see SNA and rocksniffer finish the game with typically funny answers.

Thanks Howlin' for such calm and consistent hosting.

Thanks everyone for signing up so we could have a game.

I really am quite surprised to win.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:16 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

Howland, thank you so much for resuscitating the game with such aplomb /cdn-cgi/mirage/f9c7df8a3ef354635f7cd1b00e07f45c519c2352444d3f6e206712521a580613/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_cheers.gif

Castellan, a well deserved victory. You delivered the most consistently excellent entries /cdn-cgi/mirage/f9c7df8a3ef354635f7cd1b00e07f45c519c2352444d3f6e206712521a580613/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_cheers.gif

Given how rusty we were I think the standard was high, so thanks and well done to all you wonderful acrophobes

:agree:... well said 

On 12/14/2022 at 6:55 PM, Howlin' Howland said:

Ser wins the final round to finish in second.  A free shadow ruins his bid for a perfect 1 point game.  Rocksniffer continues his trend of scoring well when he doesn't vote.  And Castellan secures the win for this game.

Final Standings:

Castellan 71+8=79

Ser Not Appearing 54+17=71

Dolorous Gabe 54+11=65

Jez Bell 54+8=62

Fragile Bird 48+3=51

rocksniffer 32+15=47

RhaenysBee 31+4=35

Eternally_His 11

a free shadow 1+1=2

Thank you to all who played and I hope you enjoyed the game.  /cdn-cgi/mirage/f9c7df8a3ef354635f7cd1b00e07f45c519c2352444d3f6e206712521a580613/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_cheers.gif Congrats to the winner, Castellan /cdn-cgi/mirage/f9c7df8a3ef354635f7cd1b00e07f45c519c2352444d3f6e206712521a580613/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_cheers.gif

i for one enjoyed letting my one active brain cell get a workout...thanks Howlin for drawing me out of my dungeon to debauch out in public :cheers:

...and i see that i jinxed myself...my late vote allowed ser n/a to slide past me...

ah well it was simplicity at its finest

My dear Castellan, you always have an interesting or humorous take on any theme...cheers on the win!  :bowdown:

Now it is time to reveal the ones i left on the floor next to the empty vodka bottles...see y'all in the dark shadows

:smoking:

since there's no leftover thread here's the ones i should have used...or not 

for round 2 bloodraven...although i was too late...

Really clever, long-lived 'Raven growled, "... I'm famished!" 

for round 3 quaithe...

Yes princess, being queen's no easy quest.

Rond 4 melisandre, i really wanted to use JFQ...

Jesuitic firebug quibbles.

Jesuitic fiery quotationist.

Jumped-up fanatical quack.

Justa fucking quack.

Hey everyone...we phlebotomize unfaithful!

Round 5 jojen...

Monitors wolfling's visions, lest Summer forever.

Also an assortment of variations on green

Round 6 qyburn...

Ghoulishly throrough creating Paladin.

Disciplined heretofore, experimenting physician unchained.

my personal favorite... 

Vargo's fastidious fucking requires knowledge... queried vagina.

Round 7 the others...

Children's forest became threatened...refuge devastated. (honestly more tv show than published texts)

Inferi jeopardize yanks.

Cold fuckers brazenly terrorizing ramparts defenders.

...i showed y'all mine now you show me yours

:smoking:

The worst part about hosting a game is that you don't get to play.  Here's some ideas I had:

Round 1: (Pryat Pree)

Wasting a savage Valyrian bitch

Round 2: (Bloodraven)

Monstrous, terrifying piece of loathsomeness.

Round 3 (Quaithe)

Pretentious counselor provides generous exposition.

Round 4 (Melisandre)

We’ll calmly justify murdering humans.  Wildfire!!!

Round 5 (Jojen Reed)

Even fucking Bran verily undermines undead nonsense.

Round 6 (Qyburn)

Get the corpse prepared.

Round 7 (White Walkers)

Icy joyless yokels.

It was fun reading Rocksniffer's drafts - I liked those for Melisandre particularly, and Howlin's ... some were quite frightening (eg Pyatt Pree's first person) and I liked "Pretentious counsellor..." for Qaithe and especially Qyburn's -  "Get the corpse prepared."

I didn't make a lot of alternates. I could come up with two for most rounds. I found Jojen hardest because I found his fate so appalling, because he knew it was coming, and his sister so unsympathtic, seeing him as sulking. Or is that the show? I am afraid I overlooked Rocksniffer's Jojen entry. I saw the ones that used the theme of him being ingested so much better than mine and voted for them, and only later realised I hadn't read Rocksniffer's correctly and it was really good.

Cheers all.

hello @Julia H. a shame you missed it!

Here are my alternates. I usually submit the first non-terrible thing that comes to mind so there's not many. And they're not good, on the whole.

Others

Here's likely reality: cold ghouls hate meridionials.

Qyburn

God-tier crisis physician

Pyat Pree

Warlock. Abiding "sorrow" vexes babe.

Indigo skinned kissers

Mister's janky astrologers justifiably roasted nicely

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Hola fellow phobics!

Anyone interested in a new game?  As it turns out, I have some hosting time available.

@Howlin' Howland @Dolorous Gabe @Ser Not Appearing @Fragile Bird @Julia H. @RhaenysBee @rocksniffer @a free shadow @Castellan

Yes I am interested.

Archived