How will House of the Dragon end?

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the show will end with the reunion of Aegon III and Viserys II....which cannot happen until AFTER Aegon is crowned. Maybe it will happen in the same episode.

In any case, I think they are refusing to tell a great, cohesive story by not depicting the Hour of the Wolf, the Maiden's Ball and the Lysene Spring. You can do that all in a season.

I think Aegon II's death and arrival of Cregan will be in the previous episode to the last and the last episode will be the Hour of the Wolf where it seems like the ending is going to be the start of a new war by Cregan Stark for revenge , but then it won't and there will be crowning of Aegon III and the perfect first small council and the first regents of the regency era (= a hopeful ending ); then, there will be a time jump where a ship sets sail in Kingslanding and we see Targaryen siblings reunion . ... at least that's how I hope it will end.

on a side note, I also think it'll be a pretty good idea to see Alyn and Baella's romance prior to their marriage and during the last days of the dance . 

18 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

In any case, I think they are refusing to tell a great, cohesive story by not depicting the Hour of the Wolf, the Maiden's Ball and the Lysene Spring. You can do that all in a season.

regency period is a pretty good story . but considering that they have chosen an All War path where fun juicy parts of pre-dance are basically omitted , I don't see any possibility that they include regency .

On 9/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, EggBlue said:

but considering that they have chosen an All War path where fun juicy parts of pre-dance are basically omitted

Which juicy parts of the pre-Dance era got omitted?

I feel like they are covering pretty much everything. Sure, they're doing it a bit clumsily given that they are moving at the speed of light but what parts did they miss?

4 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Which juicy parts of the pre-Dance era got omitted?

I feel like they are covering pretty much everything. Sure, they're doing it a bit clumsily given that they are moving at the speed of light but what parts did they miss?

you just answered yourself . they're rushing through them , which although is being done as best as possible with this structure ,it's not ideal . pre dance story is more fun than the dance itself if you ask me.

I think it'll be anticlimactic to continue after the Dance ends.

I can see them reuniting Aegon and Viserys in the last episode, as well as Alicent dying from sickness, even if those things happened long after the Dance, they can be part of an epilogue.

The best ending would be the death of the last dragon, but that's going into unpublished territory. I'm not going to hope that 4 years from now we'll get F&B Vol. 2, but who knows, maybe GRRM trusts these writers more. Or they could speed up those events and bring the last dragon at the beginning of Aegon III's reign.

I'm kind of hoping it doesn't. We've seen them jump time when necessary so far so why cant this story continue into Aegon's regency and beyond?  I want the freaking Blackfyres! I want that crazy Sandoq the Shadow! I want Summerhall and Robert's Rebellion! They have about 160 years and there would be a tonne worth skipping, but I think they could make a good show of it.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:02 AM, farerb said:

I think it'll be anticlimactic to continue after the Dance ends.

I can see them reuniting Aegon and Viserys in the last episode, as well as Alicent dying from sickness, even if those things happened long after the Dance, they can be part of an epilogue.

The reunion of Aegon and Viserys, which is possibly the high point of Aegon's rather unhappy life, would be a good place to end the show. 

Archived