Queen Elizabeth II, the end of an era

Fragile Bird

On 9/13/2022 at 12:54 PM, Derfel Cadarn said:

Daughter’s nursery shut on the Monday - luckily grandparents can watch her as wife and I have Spa appointment in the late morning.

Incredobly, supermarkets are going to shut that would normally open every day except Christmas Day.

Not much is closing here. Will be a normal day for most people, although BC did announce a day off school.

34 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I gotta ask… how did “doofer” ever come to mean remote control?!!?

Rhom -- sounds like gofer, go for; doofer, do for. My gofer (person) gets me my dry cleaning. My doofer (object) changes the channel.

Wow. I’ve been seeing the line-ups.

I’ve always regretted not driving to Ottawa to stand in line for Pierre Elliott Trudeau’s lying in state. He repatriated our Constitution. Love him or hate him, that fact alone earned my respect. It would have been a weird day, but hell, how many great Canadians are worth that respect. Ain’t no hockey player I’d line up for.

It was on in the background so I couldn't tell which of Beatrice/Eugene chose heels, but they will fucking regret that after an hour of standing vigil.

Vigil is the weirdest part of this whole charade, who was the little kid who definitely shouldnt be subjected to it? 

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It was on in the background so I couldn't tell which of Beatrice/Eugene chose heels, but they will fucking regret that after an hour of standing vigil.

Vigil is the weirdest part of this whole charade, who was the little kid who definitely shouldnt be subjected to it? 

Sophie and Edward's son?  If so, he's 14.  

On 9/16/2022 at 9:07 PM, Fragile Bird said:

Wow. I’ve been seeing the line-ups.

I’ve always regretted not driving to Ottawa to stand in line for Pierre Elliott Trudeau’s lying in state. He repatriated our Constitution. Love him or hate him, that fact alone earned my respect. It would have been a weird day, but hell, how many great Canadians are worth that respect. Ain’t no hockey player I’d line up for.

My dad’s thesis was a historical psychoanalysis of Pierre Trudeau, so I know a LOT about him. Oddly, my dad was less of a fan than I became. 

Archived