Final fate of the Brothehood Without Banners ?

10 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Prove it.

How can he prove that?

10 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

It's made abundantly clear that either Jaime dies or Brienne does. Since Stoneheart already thinks he's betrayed his word by giving Brienne a Lannister-made sword (made from the sword used by Stoneheart's husband no less), that's another tally in the "pro hanging Kingslayer" column.

It's really not.

At the end of acok Cat calls in Brienne and asks for her sword to kill Jaime. That's obviously not what happens, I assume something similar here.

Out of all characters of asoiaf these three are pretty prevalent and I can't imagine any dying at such a random non plot moving scene 

Lady Stoneheart is looking for Arya, she knows she was alive at least after the Twins, they should have reasonably tracked her and the Hound at least up to the Saltpans. They are gathering orphans at the inn, they went after the men that raided Saltpans and they questioned Merret Frey. All these point to an active search for Arya and ties in with Gendry being stationed at the Inn. He can recognise Arya by sight.

Lady Stoneheart also has no reason to believe that Sansa is dead. I don't doubt she would be searching for her if she had any leads that she were within her reach.

This ties with Jaime's fate. He still owes her two daughters and at the very least he will be useful as a hostage. If she can gain leverage over him, she will put him to work.

I also think she would crown Arya if (when) she finds her. 

Other than that, their activities have not changed that much since Beric and the group has split is probably due to personal loyalties. After all, Ned Dayne was Beric's squire, he has no personal ties with Stoneheart. On the other hand, we have Harwin and Gendry who have ties to Arya and Stoneheart and let's not forget she is Tully and should command some loyalty from the Riverlanders. Thoros is a special case. For him it is a matter of both faith and honor. He would see her reanimation as R'hlor's will and the fact that Beric raised her due to his promise to Arya as further impetus to see this through.

There is still a lot of meat in this story. 

On 9/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, Angel Eyes said:

Prove it. It's made abundantly clear that either Jaime dies or Brienne does. Since Stoneheart already thinks he's betrayed his word by giving Brienne a Lannister-made sword (made from the sword used by Stoneheart's husband no less), that's another tally in the "pro hanging Kingslayer" column.

Prove what? Stoneheart isn’t letting them go, but brienne seemingly has agreed to bring Jaime to spare herself and companions. She’s brought Jaime. Jaime isn’t going to let anyone kill him. Stoneheart isn’t going to accept any rational explanation. There has to be a fight and while the two of them are outnumbered, it’s plausible that the conversation combined with brienne’s honourabke actions, convince Thoros and others that killing the pair is not justifiable and the brotherhood turns on itself and is divided. I see Jaime and brienne surviving the encounter as they’re capable and important characters while Stoneheart serves little other purpose outside of killing Jaime (not that I can’t see her involved with other facets of the story) as she’s stuck on revenge for the red wedding and killing more Frey’s is fine but not necessary exclusively by her (and stannis/Manderly). Jaime was the last name she heard before dying and once this is resolved, I think Jaime AND brienne have plenty of more story to be a part of rather than this small but interesting character. 

Edited by Mad King Bolton

• 8 months later...
On 9/19/2022 at 6:29 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Prove it. It's made abundantly clear that either Jaime dies or Brienne does. Since Stoneheart already thinks he's betrayed his word by giving Brienne a Lannister-made sword (made from the sword used by Stoneheart's husband no less), that's another tally in the "pro hanging Kingslayer" column.

honestly I feel this is how it’s going to go down. Lady Stoneheart is vengeance and hate, there is no reasoning with a being like that. Unless the rest of the BWB decides to take a stand and deny LSH’s commands I don’t see Jamie getting out of this situation. I’ve seen people say Jamie will agree to a red wedding 2.0, but I don’t see Jamie jumping to help LSH kill his family members or allowing them to get Jeyne Westerling knowing how dangerous that could be for the stability of the already shaky Lannister regime. Unless the BWB refuse to allow Jamie’s hanging or Jamie is able to get them to agree to a trail by combat using Brienne as his champion which would be unlikely because LSH would probably name Brienne as her champion anyway I don’t see Jamie escaping a noose. Unless he does get hanged and Thoros is able to give him the kiss of life and upon Jamie’s return he becomes the new leader of the BWB and the group splinters or something. I want an answer to this more than anything else in the story tbh!