NFL 2022 Week 1: Leviathans in Fall

Jace, Extat

Maybe I’m alone in this… but I’m sick of hearing about Justin Herbert.

I’m listening to Dari and Mel this morning as I drive to Carrollton, KY to judge a BBQ competition.  And they are talking Lamar and the contract.  They discuss risks of letting him go.

”You can’t just go to the draft and expect to get a Justin Herbert.  Those guys don’t grow on trees.”

:stillsick:

The man has never made the playoffs and you are comparing him to a recent MVP of the @&$#ing league!!!!

Im sorry.  I’m sure he’s a great kid.  But the incessant knob slobbing he gets from talking heads is inexplicable to me.

Matt Ryan's career ended in quarter 1 of week 1 2022.

He took off on a 3rd and 1. Got it but the cornerback got a really nice hit right to his throwing shoulder (perfectly clean hit). 

Matty's next pass came out like I'd thrown it. Zero velocity. He's gonna get more sore as today wears on and by tomorrow they'll be talking about how the plan was always for Matty to take days off from throwing during the week. 

Lamar turns down the Ravens' final offer and if the numbers are correct they tried to lowball the shit out of him. He's better than Watson, Kyler and Wilson yet was offered far less guaranteed money. Assuming he doesn't get hurt I'd bet for him to request a trade in the offseason.

Someone who didn't know Jace very well has been shocked at my gleeful yaaying at Coltish misfortune. My Phillip Seymour Hoffman-esque chants of "LOSER!" at the terrible offense have been a particular delight. 

Football is family! :grouphug:

Incredibly sloppy loss for Niners in their opener.  By far the most concerning aspect was all the penalties.  The old adage the Niners beat themselves applies, but also Chicago beat them, not the Bears in terms of the weather.  Reminded me of their shitshow game against the Redskins a few years back.  Just hope no one got seriously injured (which I'm pretty sure didn't happen but I also wasn't paying attention for a lot of it).

Hard to put this on Lance.  Really, the lack of discipline made it look like amateur hour, which is ultimately on Shanahan.  Maybe the most poorly coached games of his I've seen.

15 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

You don’t appreciate your long snapper until he’s out. :(

Looked like the one time the reserve snapper made a good snap was on the blocked kick. I'm glad I have no rooting interest in this game 'cause I would have already had a heart attack. Looks like the Steelers now have a shot to win.

2 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Looked like the one time the reserve snapper made a good snap was on the blocked kick. I'm glad I have no rooting interest in this game 'cause I would have already had a heart attack. Looks like the Steelers now have a shot to win.

Nah, it was way too soft/slow. 

Archived