NFL 2022 Week 1: Leviathans in Fall

Jace, Extat

The decision to kick a 64 yard field goal rather than going for 4th and 5 is one of the worst in-game coaching decisions I have seen in recent memory.  He doesn't even have the excuse that things were happening really fast - he called timeout and then sent out the kicker.  I was watching the game and rooting for the Seahawks and I couldn't believe it.  It was like the Broncos just decided they would rather lose the game.  Looking at 4th and 5, if they called timeout after the play, they would have to convert (maybe 50%) and then gain just a few more yards to have a very makeable fg for the win.  I would rate Denver's chances to win at that point at maybe...35%?  If they convert the 4th and 5 they are clearly favored.  Even if they gain zero more yards after that, it's a 58 yarder and with a good kicker that's like a 50/50 proposition.  And there's every reason to think that they'd gain at least a few more yards, if not significantly more such that it's just a chip shot fg. 

How often a 64 yarder will be made is difficult to put a number on because so few kicks of that distance are even attempted. 

17 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Maybe he got confused and thought he was in Denver in the mile high air so it would travel father? Or maybe he felt like his offense just couldn't do it.

He was clearly rattled by the moment. It wasn't just the several mistakes in a short period of time on the final sequence. Calling two timeouts while Seattle was kneeling it out suggests he thought he still had three. 

So far so good on the streaming feed. If this works I'd bet within five years every game will be like viewed like this. I just wonder when they're going to get bold enough to start charging for games like they do for movies. I fully expect the Owl to become a PPV event in the not too distant future. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

So far so good on the streaming feed. If this works I'd bet within five years every game will be like viewed like this. I just wonder when they're going to get bold enough to start charging for games like they do for movies. I fully expect the Owl to become a PPV event in the not too distant future. 

Yes. I think 'virtual tickets' will exist very very soon 

15 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Yes. I think 'virtual tickets' will exist very very soon 

It's hard to think of a scenario in which it doesn't happen. Live sports still rate and are appointment television. Personally I'd love to cut cable and just pay a few bucks to watch the games across sports I really want to see. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Unless you work in a place that doesn't have the ability to stream games like that in your bar...

26 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Unless you work in a place that doesn't have the ability to stream games like that in your bar...

Good thing you're leaving.

Isn't picking up a player and body slamming them illegal? 

It's really not that hard to find free (illegal) streaming of NFL games online right now.  If they start charging for individual games I'd imagine a lot more people are gonna.  Probably still be more profitable for the NFL overall, but quite the way to encourage the black market.

Kenny Moore is 'one of the best slot guys in the league' everyone knows it! 

One of the rare things Ballard has done wisely regarding dispensation of $$$s, not indulging Moore's holdout. Overrated dork just made Christian Kirk look like a 20 million dollar man. 

Archived