NFL 2022 Week 1: Leviathans in Fall

Jace, Extat

18 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Why would we, we aren't saying Lamer came out of no where. 

Six time Executive of the Year Bill Polian wasn't the only front office type/ talking head that suggested he should play WR...

Here’s the thing on Mahomes though.

If Jimmy G hits a wide open Kittle in the fourth quarter, Mahomes is a two time Super Bowl loser and two time AFC CG loser.  The narrative then is “Can Mahomes win the big game?”

We set these elite narratives based on things that aren’t always directly in the player’s control.

22 minutes ago, Rhom said:

We set these elite narratives based on things that aren’t always directly in the player’s control.

Doesn't that suggest to you that these narratives are mostly lazy contrivances meant to fill airtime? 

45 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, are you really going to be the dork that points out he didn't really play his rookie year? Obviously I meant the first time he was the Chiefs' starter...

I'm going to make fun of you for acting like this isn't an important aspect when comparing Allen to Mahomes, absolutely.  Because it's funny how shitty you are at arguing.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm going to make fun of you for acting like this isn't an important aspect when comparing Allen to Mahomes, absolutely.  Because it's funny how shitty you are at arguing.

No reasonable person would use a week 17 throwaway game as a comparison point, especially when Hunt, who led the league in rushing, had one carry and Hill and Kelce, with five Pro Bowls between them in their young careers, didn't play. There's literally nothing to gleam from that game, unlike his first four starts in 2018 when he went 4-0 and threw for 14 TDs against zero Ints out the gate. That's how you could tell immediately that he was going to be a star. Allen, OTOH, had a 2-4 ratio after going 1-3 in his first four starts and finished more games completing less than 50% of his passes than he did over 60%. Mahomes looked like an alien dropped into the sport while all the red flags about Allen were on display. The stats and all our eyes said as much. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

No reasonable person would use a week 17 throwaway game as a comparison point, especially when Hunt, who led the league in rushing, had one carry and Hill and Kelce, with five Pro Bowls between them in their young careers, didn't play. There's literally nothing to gleam from that game, unlike his first four starts in 2018 when he went 4-0 and threw for 14 TDs against zero Ints out the gate. That's how you could tell immediately that he was going to be a star. Allen, OTOH, had a 2-4 ratio after going 1-3 in his first four starts and finished more games completing less than 50% of his passes than he did over 60%. Mahomes looked like an alien dropped into the sport while all the red flags about Allen were on display. The stats and all our eyes said as much. 

Not trying to speak for DMC, but I’m pretty sure he’s talking about the fact that Mahomes had a year to sit and learn, whereas Allen was thrown in right away. 

42 minutes ago, DMC said:

HA!!!!  I totally wasn't.  JFC dude...WHOOSH!!  WAYYYYYYYYYY over your head!

Nice way of accepting that you're been wrong and have nothing to stand on. Trolling was so 2015.

43 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

Not trying to speak for DMC, but I’m pretty sure he’s talking about the fact that Mahomes had a year to sit and learn, whereas Allen was thrown in right away. 

They were in the same HS class, and the gap between Mahomes year two overall and Allen year two as a starter is still massive. It took the latter two and half season of being the starter, missing a few games, to reach 50 TDs. Mahomes did that in his first year as a starter. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nice way of accepting that you're been wrong and have nothing to stand on. Trolling was so 2015.

......Yikes.  How desperately pathetic can your arguments get?  Are you and Giuliani trading hair dye?  

Seriously man, it's fucking pathetic.  Josh Allen is in no way like Kurt Warner.  And at this point, when I mentioned Mahomes not playing until December, I obviously was alluding to him not playing his first year.  I don't know why you're still trying to now argue with other people about it, but it's just sad.

19 minutes ago, DMC said:

......Yikes.  How desperately pathetic can your arguments get?  Are you and Giuliani trading hair dye?  

Seriously man, it's fucking pathetic.  Josh Allen is in no way like Kurt Warner.  And at this point, when I mentioned Mahomes not playing until December, I obviously was alluding to him not playing his first year.  I don't know why you're still trying to now argue with other people about it, but it's just sad.

You're still hung up on that point, even though I've clarified it for you multiple times? Jeez, clinging to such a small thing to feel like you're right seems miserable. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're still hung up on that point, even though I've clarified it for you multiple times? Jeez, clinging to such a small thing to feel like you're right seems miserable. 

.....Jeebus.  You haven't clarified anything other than your own obstinance and ignorance.  If you want the last word go ahead, but after that your sad pathetic flailing arguments should really go to PM at this point.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, I just picked a random top end WR. The Ravens have fail to get Lamar one of those, or something close to it. 

Not exactly a group of world beaters...

Instead they give him an offensive line, top tier defenses, and consistently bruising running backs - which happen to all play to his strengths. Like.. come on.. you know this.

Im still trying to figure out why this even matters when the conversation was about you being confused why Josh Allen is good. Did someone hurt you? Can you point to the doll where they touched you?

On 9/20/2022 at 12:44 AM, KalVsWade said:

Not exactly. It's more that basically every thing people use to predict success in the NFL pointed to Allen being a bust. And this isn't particularly close, mind you - things like returning to Wyoming for another season and doing worse has been a massive sign of utter garbage for, like, 30 years.

I don't follow enough anymore to know - do we have an actual answer for that season to season turnaround? And the weirdest thing is that it happened in year 3 - why?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2018/futures-josh-allen

Jordan Palmer

Archived