NFL 2022 Week 1: Leviathans in Fall

Jace, Extat

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

Obviously you just shoulda slept through it.  It's your fault!

You and my wife seem to be on the same page. She’s pissed I’m bailing on San Gimingano on our 3rd last day here to sleep, though in fairness I had a bad migraine most of yesterday, and we’ll be living here soonish so…yeah, bad judgment call. 

13 hours ago, Firebrand Jace said:

You're crazy. He's fine. The team is poorly coached. Russell was never Peyton Manning, who literally runs his own offense. He needs good coaching to help him. That doesn't mean he's not got it no more. Go look at Matt Ryan for what washed looks like.

Coaching definitely matters.  Just look at Jacoby Brissett playing like a top ten QB and Baker Mayfield dead last in QBR.   Stefanski is a good coach and Rhule is a dipshit. 

9 minutes ago, briantw said:

Coaching definitely matters.  Just look at Jacoby Brissett playing like a top ten QB and Baker Mayfield dead last in QBR.   Stefanski is a good coach and Rhule is a dipshit. 

Let's take it easy on Top 10, but otherwise ya :P

17 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Alas has Jace’s long simmering love affair with the Brisket come to a disappointing conclusion?!!?

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Alas has Jace’s long simmering love affair with the Brisket come to a disappointing conclusion?!!?

What use to me is a man who can't pull the trigger? He's rare large and has a pleasing cast, but what else? 

1 hour ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Well, I meant in terms of efficiency stats at present.  The sample size is still pretty small, though, and I'd expect him to regress as the Browns play some stiffer competition.  He's obviously a better fit for that system than Baker was, though, as he's less prone to get happy feet and bail on a clean pocket only to take a bad sack or chuck it up into triple coverage.  

Brissett may be one of the least exciting QBs I've ever seen, but he takes what's there and doesn't fuck up very often, which is good enough for now.

35 minutes ago, briantw said:

Well, I meant in terms of efficiency stats at present.  The sample size is still pretty small, though, and I'd expect him to regress as the Browns play some stiffer competition.  He's obviously a better fit for that system than Baker was, though, as he's less prone to get happy feet and bail on a clean pocket only to take a bad sack or chuck it up into triple coverage.  

Brissett may be one of the least exciting QBs I've ever seen, but he takes what's there and doesn't fuck up very often, which is good enough for now.

Fair. I've never believed in Reich so I'm not surprised to see him play better elsewhere 

42 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Lamar and his agent right now…

He doesn't have an agent, which is probably holding some things up, but at the end of the day the Ravens have to keep him since he's a top 5ish QB and their entire offense. Everyday they wait will just make the price tag go up unless he has a Bridgewater like injury.

40 minutes ago, briantw said:

TBF, Brady outside of a few seasons, has been one of the least exciting QBs I've ever watched.

Archived