Jump to content

NFL 2022 Week 1: Leviathans in Fall


whatever...
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Trubiskey managed to lead the Steelers to a win, despite sailing passes yet again.  That might be trickier to repeat without TJ Watt.

Open title bet: Kenny will be QB1 by week 5.

ETA: Jimmy G to Dallas, anyone? 

Edited by Tywin et al.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

The Cowboys are levied at least a one-round markup in price just for being the Cowboys.

This is honestly the single best scenario you could have hoped for. A desperate team's franchise QB goes down, the coach is on the hot seat and the owner is desperate. The Niners can also say they really value him as a back up, wink wink, and make the Cowboys pay a tax for being the Cowboys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DMC said:

It's also a scenario I very much anticipated and you laughed at me for.

Um, no. I always said the best scenario is keep him and hope someone gets hurt because prior to that he had little value. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Um, no. I always said the best scenario is keep him and hope someone gets hurt because prior to that he had little value. 

Um, no.  You derided me and Rhom for even suggesting he had value and eventually came around to this position after I pointed it out as a scenario while still laughing at me.  It was only a month ago man, not hard to remember.  Anyway I wasn't gonna say anything, but you just set it up so well it seemed like you were asking for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Um, no.  You derided me and Rhom for even suggesting he had value and eventually came around to this position after I pointed it out as a scenario while still laughing at me.  It was only a month ago man, not hard to remember.  Anyway I wasn't gonna say anything, but you just set it up so well it seemed like you were asking for it.

Lol, I was telling you he had no value from teams like Seattle or the Panthers to make him their starter. No one wanted him to be their starter. The Niners told him he could try and seek a deal to be another team's starter and they all said no, including the Niners. That was always the point. This was only hard to understand for Niners fans for some reason.

He always had value in retaining him and hoping someone got hurt. I said that all fucking summer dude. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He always had value in retaining him and hoping someone got hurt. I said that all fucking summer dude. 

JFC, you absolutely did not.  Indeed, you said the opposite and laughed at us:

On 8/12/2022 at 7:59 AM, Tywin et al. said:

:lmao:

There's no reason for the Browns to trade for Jimmy. He'd be an upgrade, but not by much. Again, only Niners fans think he's good. Almost everyone else views him as a bottom tier starter if you exclude the young QBs. 

On 8/13/2022 at 8:40 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Idk why your clan keeps thinking this. There's literally no incentive to trade for him. He's not even the best option if a team decides they need to make an upgrade.

If there was no reason for the Browns to trade for Jimmy a month ago, why is there reason for the Cowboys to trade for him now?  Your constant self-delusion in the face of your own fucking words is hilariously Trumpish dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

If there was no reason for the Browns to trade for Jimmy a month ago, why is there reason for the Cowboys to trade for him now?  Your constant self-delusion in the face of your own fucking words is hilariously Trumpish dude.

Because there was no incentive to do so you nitwit. Everyone on the board who isn't a Niners fan told you so because he had no trade value. How fucking hard is that to understand?

Edited by Tywin et al.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Because there was no incentive to do so you nitwit. Everyone on the board who isn't a Niners fan told you so because there was zero incentive. How fucking hard is that to understand?

It's quite easy to understand you just can't admit you're wrong.  The Browns had the same exact incentive the Cowboys had to trade for him, yet you did a complete 180 on it within a month.  And worse, you act like you claimed that's what you always thought.  I know you like to think you understand politics, but don't ever try to actually spin things for people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DMC said:

It's quite easy to understand you just can't admit you're wrong.  The Browns had the same exact incentive the Cowboys had to trade for him, yet you did a complete 180 on it within a month.  And worse, you act like you claimed that's what you always thought.  I know you like to think you understand politics, but don't ever try to actually spin things for people.

No. The Browns season was wrecked from the start. Why would they trade for Jimmy? What upside is there? 

The Cowboys, OTOH, think they have a chance to win right now and then Dak went down. And they have a desperate owner. Maybe Dak could come back? Now Jimmy's value went from nothing to something.

This is really simple and easy to understand. A month ago Jimmy had no value. Now to the Cowboys maybe he does. That's why I ALWAYS ARGUED the best outcome was to keep him and hope someone got hurt. 

 

I am not the one who can't admit he's wrong here. You're the guy who thinks Jimmy G is good, or at least has at times been one of the better QBs in the league. You've argued it here for years. He sucks dude. It's time to admit that truth once and for all. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I am not the one who can't admit he's wrong here. You're the guy who thinks Jimmy G is good, or at least has at times been one of the better QBs in the league. You've argued it here for years. He sucks dude. It's time to admit that truth once and for all. 

 

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

If you want to lie about your own wrongness fair enough, but resorting to lying about what I've said gets really fucking pathetic.

I don't want this to get too protracted where you just keep on saying things that are demonstrably and verifiably wrong and lies.  But acting like the Browns or maybe the Jets if Wilson had went down - which is exactly what we were talking about at the time - is in any way different to the Cowboys needing a quarterback now that Dak went down is a ludicrously and blatantly insane lack of any semblance of logic.  Unless you assume the Browns or Jets don't want to compete this season. 

That's obviously not the case for the Browns.  OTOH the Jets should just write off this season anyway, but, well, they're the Jets.  Which is exactly what I said a month ago. 

A little advice - what you should argue is that the circumstances have changed because of the restructuring of Garoppolo's contract.  It's still crap, but at least it's something tangible.  But you're so delusional you can't even pull that out of your ass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

...Trubiskey managed to lead the Steelers to a win, despite sailing passes yet again.  That might be trickier to repeat without TJ Watt.

No one would have looked settled or in control behind the Steelers' OL yesterday, so kudos to Trubiskey for the win.

However, based on what I saw in preseason, I won't be sad to see Pickett under center this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Cowboys, OTOH, think they have a chance to win right now and then Dak went down. And they have a desperate owner. Maybe Dak could come back? Now Jimmy's value went from nothing to something.

No we don't!  Trading for Jimmy G or any other QB not named Rodgers would be fucking stupid. We lost our LT before the season, lost our LG during the first drive of the game, our RT is a undrafted FA penalty flag machine. Traded our #1 rec, Gallup our new #2 is still out, Washington our new #3 is still out. I don't care who you put at QB on this team we are going to lose and lose often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, I was telling you he had no value from teams like Seattle or the Panthers to make him their starter. [b]No one wanted him to be their starter[/b]. The Niners told him he could try and seek a deal to be another team's starter and they all said no, including the Niners. That was always the point. This was only hard to understand for Niners fans for some reason.

He always had value in retaining him and hoping someone got hurt. I said that all fucking summer dude. 

I think you are overlooking the effect of his electing to have shoulder surgery at exactly the wrong time. Yes, by the time he had recovered enough to demonstrate he could still throw the openings had all been filled, but there were lots of reports of interest before the sudden surgery.

 

Anyways, Mitchell out at least 2 months. Sigh. 

Edited by James Arryn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DMC said:

If you want to lie

Fuck off. I have said the same thing all summer long. You're the one who has largely been wrong about Jimmy for years and you cannot come to grips with it. 

Still think he's better than Kirk? No one in the league does. And that's why he couldn't even trade himself. 

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

Jimmy does have as many playoff wins in Cowboys Stadium as Dak…

1TD in four wins. Awesome, right?

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

No we don't!  Trading for Jimmy G or any other QB not named Rodgers would be fucking stupid. We lost our LT before the season, lost our LG during the first drive of the game, our RT is a undrafted FA penalty flag machine. Traded our #1 rec, Gallup our new #2 is still out, Washington our new #3 is still out. I don't care who you put at QB on this team we are going to lose and lose often.

I mean, I agree, but Jurrah is desperate, which is why I said you're the perfect mark.

2 hours ago, James Arryn said:

I think you are overlooking the effect of his electing to have shoulder surgery at exactly the wrong time. Yes, by the time he had recovered enough to demonstrate he could still throw the openings had all been filled, but there were lots of reports of interest before the sudden surgery.

He probably did that to spite the team tbh. It certainly hurt his trade value and I'd bet he knew that, but how many buyers were there? Again, not many, and there were more interesting players to be had than Jimmy. An aging, injury prone player who isn't special at anything doesn't have a ton of value if we can be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...