UK Politics- A Taxing Transition

polishgenius

6 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I have much sympathy for the workers.    

Me, too. Definitely.

However, fuck that guy. He is utterly deserving of every misfortune that comes his way. I'm glad his business is crumbling.

8 hours ago, Heartofice said:

but all that said, some of the stuff people say in here makes me think I’ve wandered in QAnon sometimes 

Who have you’ve seen here say unironicly Truss eats babies, rapes kids and performs human sacrifices to Satan?

Thats what Qanon is not just issues with a bad tax policy.

If not what actual criticism have you seen against the Conservative party do you think is morally comparable declaring a political figure you don’t like is a baby eating pedophile who should be killed in the name of god.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Who have you’ve seen here say unironicly Truss eats babies, rapes kids and performs human sacrifices to Satan?

Thats what Qanon is not just issues with a bad tax policy.

If not what actual criticism have you seen against the Conservative party do you think is morally comparable declaring a political figure you don’t like is a baby eating pedophile who should be killed in the name of the liberal.

But the plausibility of colluding with investors to short the pound and making billions is exactly the same as a large scale deep state paedophilia and adrenochrome extraction from tortured infant babies conspiracy. No politician has ever been involved in financial or share market corruption, manipulation or insider trading.

It's not like you even need the insider trading component for what they've done to be reprehensible. They're enacting regressive tax policies so radical even most right wing voters are saying "hold up a sec", doing nothing to help poorer citizens, and doing nothing about the massive energy cost increases. Those combined are going to result in a significant increase of people dying from malnutrition and cold this winter, and the numbers on that front were already a long way from ideal.

And that's to say nothing of the small businesses that will collapse if those energy prices continue and what that's going to do to the economy - the thing they're claiming to be caring about.

4 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I have much sympathy for the workers.    to be honest I've had loads of sympathy for those who work in Weatherspoon's for years, I doubt its somewhere most people choose to work if they have much choice.

Isn't there a huge demand for workers in this field right now?

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

economy - the thing they're claiming to be caring about.

Yes but How does having a good economy help in the culture war?/s

3 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

But the plausibility of colluding with investors to short the pound and making billions is exactly the same as a large scale deep state paedophilia and adrenochrome extraction from tortured infant babies conspiracy. No politician has ever been involved in financial or share market corruption, manipulation or insider trading.

There’s a real danger in conflating these things. It minimizes the actual harm fascist movements like Qanon are as having “concerns” or “criticisms” comparable to having a disagreement on things like the minutia of tax policy or thinking the opposition’s leadership is especially corrupt or incompetent. Such conflation ultimately whether intentionally done or not helps normalize fascism.

Also I didn’t see any leftist  here crying that a particular political leader on the left who is going to stop the satanist baby eaters and whose the best thing since Jesus.

2 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Boris come back! All is forgiven!

:ack::ack:

Is that the Plan (Ha - like they have a Plan! :rofl::rofl:) - be so awful that we start thinking even Boris wasn't this bad?

Is it like baseball - three strikes (Prime Ministers) and you're out, or cricket, where we have to get them all out, leaving a lone Number 11 standing?

37 minutes ago, Mosi Mynn said:

:ack::ack:

Is that the Plan

I believe it probably is. I don't think likening himself to Cincinnatus was anything other than a signal of intent.

ETA: He is currently the bookies' favourite for next Tory leader, and second favourite for next PM after Truss. Starmer is long odds on for that.

Archived