[Spoilers] Episode 104 Discussion

Ran

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

I take it they’re the sort of clothes medieval royalty wore, rather the stuff the cenobites wear in Hellraiser, which we got in GOT?

as far as I remember medieval portraits , no. but they're a lot better than GoT dresses in my opinion .

speaking of dresses , I hope they have used better fabrics for Rhaenyra's dresses in remaining episodes. in this last episode , I swear to god , both her dresses(Red and Cream) were made out of hotel curtains! 

1 hour ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Personally, I think it’s fair. I don’t think I would be invested in this show if I hadn’t read the books. There definitely is a myopic focus on the throne, and a certain repetitiveness to what we’ve seen so far (Daemon being routinely banished, Rhaenyra and Viserys not communicating, Viserys reaffirming that Rhaenyra is his heir, etc). And there are some scenes they shouldn’t have cut/should have included (Rhaenyra and Alicent’s fight from E2, the wedding, Aegon’s birth). 

1 hour ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

although all I can remember of first 4 episodes of GoT is that I initially wanted to drop the show, I think a lot of the article is fair enough . and all of us discussing here knew that they can barely get deep into the characters . the only thing they can do with the structure they've chosen is to work on 2-3 characters from the beginning , start highlighting 1-2 secondary characters in the second half and treat the second generation as Sansas and Aryas and flesh them out in later seasons .  though even as that, GoT's structure alone was an advantage against HOTD . considering only deaths , in GoT season 1 there were 4 major deaths with impacts . but we were with those characters from beginning to end. in HOTD , there will be 8 that I can remember that affect the story in some fashion , but only one of them is properly in the story . the others get what ? 15minutes each? 

17 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

And there are some scenes they shouldn’t have cut/should have included (Rhaenyra and Alicent’s fight from E2, the wedding, Aegon’s birth). 

Yeah, I agree with @Mithras that the last few episodes feel like you've missed a few episodes in between. And given how much they seem to have cut, there might be something to it.

7 hours ago, butterweedstrover said:

Daemon has in four episodes been banished twice and Rhaenyra has been declared heir by Viserys at the ends of episodes 1, 3, and 4. 

So there is certainly a method the are using to formulate the events per episode. 

Indeed, once again, not fleshing the Velaryons would bite the series in the ass. They're vital to the Dance and have been given zero screentime before they start to die like flies.

Btw, Viserys reaffirming his daughter again and again is his heir it's only natural when most of the Kingdom at this point believe he's joking.

21 minutes ago, frenin said:

Indeed, once again, not fleshing the Velaryons would bite the series in the ass. They're vital to the Dance and have been given zero screentime before they start to die like flies.

not only they are vital to the dance , but whatever arc they go through in season 1 should be as important as Targaryen's . after all , these are the people who didn't start a war for their own inheritance , now fighting for another's cause:/

3 hours ago, frenin said:

This goes for many characters. The actor swap will happen soon and they still haven't properly introduced Harwin Strong. Many people might get the impression that the boys are Crispin Cole's children.

Edited by Takiedevushkikakzvezdy

16 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

This goes for many characters. The actor swap will happen soon and they still haven't properly introduced Harwin Strong. Many people might get the impression that the boys are Crispin Cole's children.

Having seen episode 6, not a chance. They make everything very plain. You’d have to have the attention span of a fruit fly to not understand it.

14 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

While there sre fair complaints, sounds a little biased. This was the same paper claiming the RoP was so excellent  it made this series look amateur.

18 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Opinions are like...

Anyway, these initial episodes are set up for the Dance, just like the first few episodes of GoT set up the Lannister-Stark confrontation. There are legitimate issues of character development; specifically with Rhaenyra the brat and her clueless father, but this article did come across as whining, "where's the T&A?" more than anything. Hopefully HotD is different from it's predecessor AND it does the job of fleshing out what Fire & Blood didn't.

Edited by Sand11751

4 hours ago, Ran said:

Having seen episode 6, not a chance. They make everything very plain. You’d have to have the attention span of a fruit fly to not understand it.

I've been told some viewers thought Rhaegar in his cameo was Viserys . then I guess those people actually thought the young guy we saw in season 1 was another young guy's FATHER who we also met in season 1...:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I've been told some viewers thought Rhaegar in his cameo was Viserys . then I guess those people actually thought the young guy we saw in season 1 was another young guy's FATHER who we also met in season 1...:rolleyes:

I've seen some who thought that Jon Snow is the son of Ned and Lyanna Stark. People are all over the place.

Edited by Takiedevushkikakzvezdy

6 hours ago, Ran said:

Ran, surely you’ve been in this fandom long enough to know that having something stated outright is really just an intricately plotted diversion to distract from the true answer that can only be deduced by reading GRRM’s short stories from the late 1970s!

:):):)

I finally saw the released photos for episode 5 and I have a few thoughts :

I'm happy to know dragoness king Viserys will go to Driftmark . High Tide was what I anticipated the most about the HOTD:P

there are some photos of princess Rhaenys ... I hope she won't be in the background when her husband and her cousin sort things out...

it's shameful that they have hired a handsome actor just to put a mop on his head! where is taste? where is common sense?

it's always good to see Harwin and Larys! 

no sign of Vhaegar frustrates me . 

and do you guys think Daemon will kill his wife in the show? I'd be VERY disappointed if he does:( 

Rhaenyra: How I miss my beloved paramour, Ser Harwin Strong, father of my three children.

ASOIAF Fans: She never said if the children had been born or not. Those could have all been miscarriages. Criston Cole is clearly Jace’s real father, and is plotting against his own son in a twist of tragic irony. GRRM is subverting our expectations on both a Watsonian and Doylist level by hiding this in plain sight and having Criston die before learning the truth about his son!

20 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Rhaenyra: How I miss my beloved paramour, Ser Harwin Strong, father of my three children.

ASOIAF Fans: She never said if the children had been born or not. Those could have all been miscarriages. Criston Cole is clearly Jace’s real father, and is plotting against his own son in a twist of tragic irony. GRRM is subverting our expectations on both a Watsonian and Doylist level by hiding this in plain sight and having Criston die before learning the truth about his son!

You forgot the small clue that the boys' favourite food is coleslaw.