[Spoilers] Rings of Power: Adar, can you hear me?

Ser Drewy

15 hours ago, slant said:

There are just two reasons for Halbrand being Annatar, one is that it would be poetic injustice for Galadriel to be looking for him everywhere, while he finds her and stays under her nose. The other is he likes forges. Galadriel has guessed his origins, there has to be something that Halbrand can offer as lord of gifts, he has nothing. 

Of course he can offer her the only thing she's been after this entire time... The same thing Tauriel wanted from Kili or whatever that dwarf was called in the Desolation of Smaug :P

Welp, the new episode may have ruined the dwarf/Elrond plot. I guess that theory about mithril was right.

Spoiler

So the Elves are dying and they need an energy boost. This is the best these writers could come up with.

In the weekly Who Is Sauron? contest Adar drops to the bottom of the list, with Halbrand just a bit above, while The Stranger makes a strong resurgence to jump to the #1 spot. Yet a new contestant may have entered the game. He looks a bit slim, but is totally shady.

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

This is actually a real storyline that’s actually in the show for real?

Yeaaah... it does not make sense. 

Spoiler

When Nori is talking to Meteor Man, think they show the Misty Mountains in the distance
And Meteor Man is good. It's confirmed now? I don't see how he could be hobo Sauron pushing around Harfoot carts.  
I thought the Harfoots were going North, but they are actually travelling south, right towards the place where the hunters were walking away from. Think they then wander off into the unmapped east. 
The 'Grey Marshes' should be the 'Dead Marshes' already, those elf warriors Frodo saw within them should be there when the Harfoots cross it too. 

Earien's response to "his ears close up" with the "speak louder was such cringe lol. 
Suddenly the dude is Lord Halbrand. Miriel further reinforces the Aragorn parallel by saying his 'fellowship' will be useful.
Pharazon was funny in a good way, "Sometimes the folly of youth is enough to make an old man weep". 

GG is so smart lol, really liked all of his dialogues. Galadriel was not at all convincing though. 

3 hours ago, slant said:

Yeaaah... it does not make sense. 

Hide contents

When Nori is talking to Meteor Man, think they show the Misty Mountains in the distance
And Meteor Man is good. It's confirmed now? I don't see how he could be hobo Sauron pushing around Harfoot carts.  
I thought the Harfoots were going North, but they are actually travelling south, right towards the place where the hunters were walking away from. Think they then wander off into the unmapped east. 
The 'Grey Marshes' should be the 'Dead Marshes' already, those elf warriors Frodo saw within them should be there when the Harfoots cross it too. 

Earien's response to "his ears close up" with the "speak louder was such cringe lol. 
Suddenly the dude is Lord Halbrand. Miriel further reinforces the Aragorn parallel by saying his 'fellowship' will be useful.
Pharazon was funny in a good way, "Sometimes the folly of youth is enough to make an old man weep". 

GG is so smart lol, really liked all of his dialogues. Galadriel was not at all convincing though. 

The dead marshes formed as a result of the first battle between The Last Alliance and Sauron.

25 minutes ago, sifth said:

So is it just me or did they cheap out on the costume department, for this billion dollar project? Everyone always seems to be wearing the same clothing.

they 100% did. This is apparent from every still, teaser, trailer and clip I have seen in the past several months. The costumes look ghastly.

2 minutes ago, Scott_N said:

What the actual fuck?

The entire elven race will perish without mithril? And "by spring" to boot!

And Numenor is rescuing Middle-earth with three ships and 300 men?

Hey, they’re certainly top men, lol

48 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

The dead marshes formed as a result of the first battle between The Last Alliance and Sauron.

Ooof... for some reason I was sure it was a result of the fight against Morgoth itself... I have forgotten half the things, maybe I need to go back and read everything. 

Anyway, it is very disorienting when they show maps on screen that cannot be compared to any other known maps. 

Well this was shit. I mean the whole show is shit, but someone it has become even shittier.

Spoiler

Harfoots

• So the timeline continues to be fucked. I have no idea which events are supposed to occur at the same time

• The rest of the Hobbit caravan is nowhere to be seen. Our hobbits are by all rights completely and utterly lost

• Suprise cultists, but seeing as how the Hobbits have a head start of days if not weeks, they should not be trouble.

• So we finally see the rest of the Hobbits and their caravan is really underwhelming. As compensation their psychopathy has only grown. They do not even attempt to make a makeshift camp and post sentries. They really are trying to get at least some of them killed.

• I guess Nori and co. have caught up

• Sick moves, Gandalf. The whole insanity thing is getting old though. The only thing it does is manufacture pointless drama

Southlands

• Adar apparently wants to destroy the sun. I have nothing against batshit insane and delusional villains and the actor plays the part well, but for some reason I think that his plans are actually supposed to be achievable

• Yeah, Bronwyn is not convincing as a leader figure no matter how much her outfit distinguishes her from the common rabble. That speech was downright pathetic. At least some of the villagers recognize that Waldeg has a point

• Well confirmation that Adar is not Sauron.

• Now the blood-drinking sword is a key. Screw this show.

• „When Morgoth was at war, whole continents sank“ This shitshow has less and less excuses for its geography not making sense within Tolkien's world

• Arondir and Bronwyn's dispute might have worked if Southlanders actually received characterization in any way.

• Nobody should be able save them from Adar in time

Numenor

• If this people actually were Elendil and Isildur, I might care for their family struggles. As it is, they have done nothing to convince me why they should be in the show to beginn with..The same goes for Earien and Kemen

• Lord „Halbrand“ at a forge, forshadowing nothing. I am still not fully convinced that he is Sauron, The writers are bad enough to go for the obvious (him), but also to set him up as a red herring with underdeveloped twist

• „Fellowship“, screw you writers

• Galadriel continues to be the worst person, I see. Seriously there is no reason why Halbrand specifically needs to be set-up as the ruler of the Southlands. Aragorn actually had qualifications. Though to be fair, this is the first time she actually has gone for a more subtle (for a given value of subtle) solution. Congrats on the character development

• That fight scene was cringe, as the youth would say

• Pharazon might just be the most intelligent character on this island and who maintains some of his canon characterizazion. I am routing for him.

• What I am not a fan of is that Tar-Palantir has been reduced to senil old man spouting convenient prophecies

• Well Isildur deserves to be whipped and Kemen deserves to be executed for sabotaging the war effort for no reason. Our heroes everybody

• I am suprised that Galadriel did not attempt to stab Pharazon for disagreeing with her.

• Why is Elendil invited to those meetings?

• You know I wonder how Galadriel's insistence that Halbrand do something he really does not want to do would come across if the genders were flipped.

• Ok, unless I misunderstood something and the Southland situation was going on for longer than the show would have you believe, Halbrand has to be spilling the beans about how he is Sauron without outright telling us

• And we get confirmation that Galadriel really cannot not fight.We also get the first hint that she can feel emotions other than anger or condescension. Too little too late and it was only for a bit anyway

• And as a final fuck you to consistency here is Galadriel in the exact same armor she wore back in Middle-earth

Lindon

• Gil-galad is really unsubtle, Durin is still the funny dwarf. Tables are no sacred and according to the music were procured in a sinister way. Urgh

• Well the whole thing about mithril containing the light of the Two Trees and being needed to save the Elves from their doom is such a desecration of Tolkien AND the height of dumbassery. Screw the showrunners. I am not longer going to pretend that this is anything but shit. The fact that Gil-dullards actions wrt Galadriel do not make any sense either and are utterly ignoble, do not seem quite as atrocious in comparison

• How did Celebrimbor get his hands on Mithril. Normally I would expect a certain someone is responsible, but the writers are so utterly moronic, that is impossible to predict this shit.

I do not care for any of the characters and the source material get shit upon. I am rooting for the orcs and Pharazon. Seriously this show cannot even get its own timeline straight, let alone adequately explore as to why the Elves and Numenoreans would fall for Sauron.

It does not even rise to the level of braindead action and drama.

7 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

I kinda feel sorry for you guys, you live through such a hell watching this "shit", and yet for some inexplicable reason you keep watching, tormenting yourself. Some kind of twisted Stockholm syndrome? 

Well like Gil said this episode, hope goes to bed last, or something like that. :P

And I watched all The Hobbit movies.

8 minutes ago, 3CityApache said:

I kinda feel sorry for you guys, you live through such a hell watching this "shit", and yet for some inexplicable reason you keep watching, tormenting yourself. Some kind of twisted Stockholm syndrome? 

The first four episodes were an upwards trajectory. I was honestly surprised here.

8 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Welp, the new episode may have ruined the dwarf/Elrond plot. I guess that theory about mithril was right.

Reveal hidden contents

So the Elves are dying and they need an energy boost. This is the best these writers could come up with.

In the weekly Who Is Sauron? contest Adar drops to the bottom of the list, with Halbrand just a bit above, while The Stranger makes a strong resurgence to jump to the #1 spot. Yet a new contestant may have entered the game. He looks a bit slim, but is totally shady.

That infamous 4chan leak does seem to be pretty spot on so far and it also names Sauron:

Spoiler

Halbrand. To be revealed in the final episode of the season.

Archived