US politics: Rovenber is coming.

Varysblackfyre321

2 hours ago, Larry of the Lake said:

I feel like MJ legislation or de-scheduling or not enforcing it, or pardoning federal possession cases, is an easy win for the administration going into an election.   Missed opportunity for Biden.

Yeah.  This has nothing to do with the Democratic party and everything to do with Joe Biden specifically.  Elections have consequences, even primaries.

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Oh please, you’re on a Game of Thrones website, how the hell do you miss that!?! :lol:

Eta: haha I see you got hit with GoT already!

I never had HBO so watched GOT on dvds  after the Red Wedding when I heard about it on different forum. Could only watch through the 4th season then quit cuz hated it.

The books I love and still enjoy talking about them occasionally. I don’t watch TV so I miss many references to to shows, but that suits me just fine.  
:dunno:   

Back to politics. 

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

How could you forget about the biggest insult ever Idirs Elba as Heimdall in MCU. Or Steve Toussaint as Lord Velaryon in HotD. Or Barack Obama as President

:bowdown:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

DeSantis's public comments offer some helpful clues about who is actually behind those flights to Martha's Vineyard.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/clues

.... The fact that the state of Florida is doing this work in Texas strongly suggests that this is not so much Florida hiring contractors to do work for the state of Florida as funding people who were perhaps already doing it or interested in doing it. ....

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

his election did stoke the fires of hate that are still burning.    :frown5:

As that novel, The Unfolding, lays out in great detail, as the anonymously massively wealthy and powerful plot a coup because of it, in order to "save everything we've built."  They ever tell us what it is they built though, and must be saved, unless we're to infer this is Their version of US history, which is pretty banal and lacking but they believe they really know it all.

Most of the plans though are told to us in contentless vague words, presumably all dog whistles that the coupster understand.

~~~~~~~~

Re the attorney requesting that declassification info must mean that the 3 million he ponied up for a real lawyer (did he actually pay in advance? if he didn't, we've got another chump here) got a real lawyer?

52 minutes ago, Zorral said:

attorney requesting that declassification info

Wait, Dearie is the Special Master, not tRomper's attorney. 

I just read some stuff that this 3 million dollar lawyer is arguing -- such as the orange morbidity guy scribbled on some dox means they get exec. privilege. Not impressed.  Guess he didn't get the 3 mil up front.

8 hours ago, outsourcing consent said:

only tangentially related to us politics but lmao, this rocks

Surely the first ever case of race swapping was when Europe (then adopted most enthusiastically by Americans and other colonies established by European powers) cast a pasty hippy into the role of Jesus, a famously well tanned Nazarene. 

7 hours ago, LongRider said:

This is only one of the black characters that have appeared in 'white' roles, according to the haters.  In The Hunger Games, the young girl Katniss befriends in the 1st film was black and there was a backlash.  Then there was the black Storm Trooper in a Star Wars film, and now a black mermaid.   

The HG came out in 2012, so I guess 3 black actors in 10 years is just too much.   /s

I know, I was totally outraged by it. Everyone knows all Storm Troopers are Maori.

Ruben Gallego’s ready for a fight — even if the Democratic Party isn’t
Inside the Arizona’s representative’s restless, highly online, and seriously combative plan to transform the Democratic Party.

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/23323231/ruben-gallego-arizona-latino-voters

PHOENIX, Arizona — Rep. Ruben Gallego picked up a steak knife, twisted his left wrist, and began stabbing the air in front of him. He’d been ranting about why he hates Aaron Sorkin’s The West Wing, and, an hour into dinner, he was clearly getting flustered. “Politics is dark and hard. It’s not a bunch of people trying to do their best. It’s who can shank each other in a smarter way,” he said.

It was the Monday night before primary day in Arizona, and we were at an overheated Sonoran-style Mexican restaurant in South Phoenix with Gallego’s wife and a couple of staffers. One of them reminded Gallego we were in public, and he put down the knife. After some laughter cleared the air (“first of all, this isn’t even hard enough to stab you”), he continued. “Too many young Democrats grew up watching West Wing thinking that’s what politics is.”

To Gallego, the 42-year-old Congress member from Arizona’s Seventh District and potential 2024 Senate candidate, politics should be treated like more of an existential fight. Republicans, inspired by Donald Trump, definitely are. The next day, a slate of election-denying Trump loyalists would sweep the primaries for Arizona’s statewide elected offices; a second GOP member of Congress who voted to impeach Trump wo

uld lose his race in Michigan; and a third was on track to lose in Washington state.

42 minutes ago, teej6 said:

The Special Master actually told Trump’s lawyers “you can’t have your cake and eat it”. Wow! 

Fricken proletariat trying to tell their betters what they can and can't do. Judges should know their place. They are put there to serve their betters and protect them from the revolting masses and from the masses revolting. They may be highly paid functionaries, but they are still commoners none-the-less.

In regard to the discussion about Malcolm X, you all might be interested that he was recently elected as the newest member of the Nebraska Hall of Fame, which is rather a big deal as only one person is added to that group every five years.

https://omaha.com/news/state-and-regional/omaha-native-malcolm-x-chosen-as-newest-member-of-nebraska-hall-of-fame/article_4679bff6-32ae-11ed-8f0e-dfef54d5c32b.html

11 hours ago, teej6 said:

The Special Master actually told Trump’s lawyers “you can’t have your cake and eat it”. Wow! 

Especially mean because, as we know, 45 likes to have two pieces of cake.     :lol:

14 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Surely the first ever case of race swapping was when Europe (then adopted most enthusiastically by Americans and other colonies established by European powers) cast a pasty hippy into the role of Jesus, a famously well tanned Nazarene. 

Was that prior to court masques and so on in the 16th c doing black face?  Black face was going strongly in England entertainments almost as soon as the Virginia colony was established and began importing Africans to do the work.

I don't know. Trump definitely should be sued out of existence of course. But it also seems like another sign that he is above the law. Like certain pharma CEOs or OJ Simpson. The law goes for the cuffs, but then their hands shake.

Then we are left with a lawsuit that will lead to a settlement of some kind. There's a headline that he committed fraud over 200 times? Does this mean it's OK for everyone to defraud now?

Yeah, I don't really care about a civil suit against Trump. She did refer the materials to prosecutors for possible criminal fraud charges; and whether those get filed is far more important.

Archived