US politics: Rovenber is coming.

Varysblackfyre321

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

Up next, the Supremes? 

I was looking up the background for the two Trump-appointed judges on the panel from the 11th Circuit.  Interestingly, one of them - Britt Grant - clerked for Kavanaugh.  

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sorry, what happened here?

In non legal language, the first judge took out the two parts of her original ruling that the DOJ filed the appeal to have removed.

So the secret docs stay secret, the Special Master and one of 45’s attorneys don’t have to review them and the case can now move forward quickly.  Plus the 3 appeal judges gave her quite a spanking.   :spank:

Our town clerk (responsible for voter rolls, among other things), a friend of my wife, recently got this email:

Dear (clerk)

Earlier this week I sent you a letter or e-mail instructing you that I am contemplating filing suit against your organization based on credible information I have received regarding your organization's possible involvement in criminal and/or civil actions pertaining to election integrity issues. As of Friday, September 2, I have either not received a response from you, or you have responded with an assertion that I have not placed your organization on sufficient notice of foreseeable litigation.

I can understand your possible confusion in wondering why a citizen who pays your salary with his or her tax dollars wishes to hold responsible the people that have contributed to the degradation of our nation's republic and the destruction of our state and local communities. After all, for far too long now, government employees such as you have been unchallenged by the hardworking Americans upon whose backs you administer and/or uphold policies for which, in many if not most cases, the American people did not give their consent. Therefore, I shall place my instructions in the simplest possible terms to maximize the chances that you will comprehend the message I am trying to convey.

Federal, state and local government entities are largely to blame for the deplorable condition of our communities. For far too long, the American people have not had the benefit of legitimate representation across all levels of government. Evidence continues to amass which demonstrates that America has not had free or fair elections since 2017. I have reason to believe your organization may have directly or indirectly contributed to the fraudulently installed individuals whose actions have resulted in the destruction of our communities. I put this in plain terms in the hopes you will understand what I am saying - I AM CONSIDERING SUING YOU FOR YOUR AND/OR YOUR ORGANIZATION'S INVOLVMENT IN THE FRAUDELENT ELECTIONS THAT WILL SOON BE PROVEN TO HAVE TAKEN PLACE SINCE 2017. Any attempts by you or your organization to destroy the election records and accompanying relevant documentation that I, as your benefactor and employer, have demanded you retain will be met with the harshest possible criminal and civil repercussions available under the law.

Govern yourself accordingly

MAGAmuffin

These apparently have been going around, so it must be some copy-pasted form from the right wing arglebarglesphere. The presumption, ignorance, and half-bright writing would make me laugh, if it weren't so problematic that there are millions of dumb chuds like this who lack even the cognitive capability to realize they might be wrong about something.

Wait, so boys don't need to reject transgender rights? I guess that's sort of progress, only 50% of minors are being brainwashed to be transphobes.

Interesting they are expecting all the girls to be raped at some point, but somehow that's not the problem?

Special Master Dearie is really growing on me!

Special Master Forces Trump’s Hand in His First Mar-a-Lago Ruling

Raymond Dearie, who was handpicked by Trump and his lawyers, has ordered Trump’s team to back up the wild claims he’s made on social media.

Dearie ordered Trump’s side to submit by Sept. 30 “a declaration or affidavit that includes each of the following factual matters: A list of any specific items set forth in the Detailed Property Inventory that Plaintiff asserts were not seized from the Premises on August 8, 2022,” asking for proof of Trump’s claims that the incriminating evidence found at Mar-a-Lago was part of an FBI frame job.

Dearie also ordered Trump’s counsel to submit a detailed list of any errors the former president claims were included in the FBI’s property inventory from the search, as to precisely where “specific items” were found, as well as an accounting of anything Trump claims was seized but not listed on the receipt.

By Monday, Trump’s attorneys “shall provide the Special Master and the government with an annotated copy of [a] spreadsheet” that lays out, document-by-document, which, if any, are covered by attorney-client communication privilege, attorney work product privilege, and various forms of executive privilege.

“Plaintiff’s designations shall be on a document-by-document basis,” Dearie’s order states. “For any document that Plaintiff designates as privileged and/or personal, Plaintiff shall include a brief statement explaining the basis for the designation.”...

Dearie has also appointed an assistant, James Orenstein, to help him with the monumental task at hand.

A former magistrate judge in the Eastern District of New York, where Dearie served as U.S. Attorney and sat on the federal bench, Orenstein will earn $500 an hour for his service. The bill, Dearie ordered, will be paid monthly—by Donald Trump.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/special-master-raymond-dearie-forces-donald-trumps-hand-in-first-ruling-on-mar-a-lago-classified-documents?ref=scroll

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not that it would necessarily prevent Gaetz from looking like a complete idiot, but someone should tell Gaetz that Fentanyl is an FDA approved schedule II drug being: "Schedule II Drugs: Drugs with high abuse potential and an accepted medical use in the United States. Examples of schedule II drugs include morphine, methadone, oxycodone, hydrocodone, amphetamine, methylphenidate and pentobarbital." https://www.fda.gov/media/71648/download#:~:text=Schedule II Drugs%3A Drugs with,%2C amphetamine%2C methylphenidate and pentobarbital.

That being the case it is actually impossible to keep fentanyl out, because it is legal to be there. It is in fact something that people totally want to have in the country such as these fine upstanding companies and products https://www.hop-law.com/fentanyl/manufacturers/

Fentanyl lollipops anyone?

56 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Not that it would necessarily prevent Gaetz from looking like a complete idiot, but someone should tell Gaetz that Fentanyl is an FDA approved schedule II drug being: "Schedule II Drugs: Drugs with high abuse potential and an accepted medical use in the United States. Examples of schedule II drugs include morphine, methadone, oxycodone, hydrocodone, amphetamine, methylphenidate and pentobarbital." https://www.fda.gov/media/71648/download#:~:text=Schedule II Drugs%3A Drugs with,%2C amphetamine%2C methylphenidate and pentobarbital.

That being the case it is actually impossible to keep fentanyl out, because it is legal to be there. It is in fact something that people totally want to have in the country such as these fine upstanding companies and products https://www.hop-law.com/fentanyl/manufacturers/

Fentanyl lollipops anyone?

There are important differences between legal and illicitly produced fentanyl however. And it was only beginning in 2014, when illicit fentanyl started flooding US drug markets (first from Chinese cartels and more recently Mexican ones) that recreational use of fentanyl skyrocketed.

There was certainly some diversion/misuse of legal fentanyl before, and that would continue even if illicit fentanyl was stopped. However, it would be much less so. And we've gotten better at stopping diversion of legal opioids, of all types. Not perfected it, but gotten better.

5 minutes ago, Fez said:

There are important differences between legal and illicitly produced fentanyl however. And it was only beginning in 2014, when illicit fentanyl started flooding US drug markets (first from Chinese cartels and more recently Mexican ones) that recreational use of fentanyl skyrocketed.

Yeah.  I really don't think this needs to be argued.  Here's the DEA's description of Schedule II drugs if you just google it:

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are: combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin

Obviously all those drugs are quite dangerous.  Problem is, the "Schedule I" drugs - or specifically and legally coded as more dangerous - include LSD and marijuana, which is of course absurd.  Hell, even rating ecstasy and peyote as more dangerous than the others is absurd to me, but whatever. 

Archived