Jump to content

US politics: Rovenber is coming.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DMC said:

To be clear, yes, I think this is very fair as a potential eventuality as well.  ...I just don't think it will be over national legislation codifying abortion policy.

I think given the already demonstrated violence that antichoice supporters have shown this would be one of the very first ones he could feel threatened on. Possibly not by Trump directly (cause Trump doesn't care) but I could easily see Trump throwing him all the way under the bus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

They’ve got a profit of 29 billion a year and you think that their environment is tanking because of unions?!?!?? As opposed to only being happy with 25 billion/year? Think about what they’re saying with their behaviour, and what you are accepting.

James Arryn -- fascinating amount of revenue! It's astounding, and the executives who made this happen earned my respect, and their incomes.

On coffee shop environment / atmosphere, I doubt it's the fault of any unionized stores having had a general impact. They number in the low hundreds compared to the tens of thousands of Starbucks throughout the world (anticipated 55,000 by 2030). Thus, union stores are insignificant.

Degraded shop quality is certainly due to shop-level leadership failing to manage their little fief. Fortunately, Starbucks acknowledges a need to rehabilitate and will start by spending a half billion dollars in "reimagining the store environment", including but not limited to creating efficiencies and increasing throughput -- something I translate into reducing labor-dependence.

I considered, and accepted their moves; what Starbucks is doing (including their policy against unions, most notably in how they will pay non-union employees more than union, which was amsuingly clever) will have a better holisitc impact on labor, capital, and consumer. This doesn't mean I'm beating down labor, I do respect them. Nevertheless, I want my purchases cheap and good; profits, high and consistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, KalVsWade said:

I think given the already demonstrated violence that antichoice supporters have shown this would be one of the very first ones he could feel threatened on.

I really don't think so.  It's going to be about HIM and how HE is VICTIMIZED by a WITCH HUNT.  Not some stupid unborn babies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I still think its outrageous and silly to make that claim in this case.

Remember, the orange one basically went judge shopping. It wasn't her case. If she was acting out of safety concerns, she could'Ve said wrong court, sorry. You have to go back to the original court/judge. 

She wanted this case. 

If she has safety concerns, and those hinge on Trump, I think that turning the case away would be considered dangerous too.

Given that premise (safety), the sound move would be to accept and rule in favour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

If they do get it running it will be a sausage fest for Russian lady bots.

+ law enforcement. Safe bet, this is where you'll find the next gen of patriots, that don't like an election result and they end up bragging about it there, to impress the ladies.

I am not saying, that ty would sign up to catfish some yahoos for the lolz...

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As to Cannon I wonder how many District court judges appointed by the Trump administration had serious skeletons in their closets that the Trumpanistas banked on to help get them favorable rulings?  After all how much scrutiny do district court appointees usually get?  

If you’re trying to build a judiciary that is favorable to a family (not just a political party) stack em up on the bottom with lots of dirt and watch a select few rise to the top or be useful after confirmation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

As to Cannon I wonder how many District court judges appointed by the Trump administration had serious skeletons in their closets that the Trumpanistas banked on to help get them favorable rulings?  After all how much scrutiny do district court appointees usually get?  

If you’re trying to build a judiciary that is favorable to a family (not just a political party) stack em up on the bottom with lots of dirt and watch a select few rise to the top or be useful after confirmation.

You are overthinking it. No way he, or his lackeys went thru a careful vetting process.

He received a list with names from those Federalist Society tossers, and he went along. He didn't handpick any of his judges. 

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You are overthinking it. No way he, or his lackeys went thru a careful vetting process.

He received a list with names from those Federalist Society tossers, and he went along. He didn't handpick any of his judges. 

Which is reasonable.  Still, I wonder if…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is definitely NOT true that Trump claimed Queen Elizabeth had secretly knighted him. However, it is definitely true that in one of today's fundraising emails he is granting his supporters the title of "King". (I wonder how many women he's calling Kings there?) -- Just to remind y'all, I've never donated to Trump and have no idea how I got on his email list, so the idea that my "MAGA status is unmatched" is itself a lie. 

Quote

 

Ck,

Your MAGA status is unmatched.

Because of your notable MAGA standing, I have very exciting news to share with you – 

 

You have officially reached 
Great MAGA King Status.


It doesn’t surprise me that you have reached Great MAGA King Status, given you’ve always been one of my most loyal Patriots and have helped me Make. America. Great. Again.
 

To secure your official status as a Great MAGA King, you must follow the link below by 11:59 PM tonight, and you’ll automatically claim this exclusive opportunity. 


Please follow this link by 11:59 PM tonight to accept my invitation and claim your Great MAGA King status. >>
 

https://image.email.donaldjtrump.com/lib/fe2d11727364047f731178/m/1/1227ed58-55e5-4120-94d9-74d57cc2c53c.png 
 

Ck, I need you to understand that I only offer this to the best of the best. This is the highest honor for any supporter.


This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I’m eager for you to take it.


Please follow this link right away to officially secure your exclusive Great MAGA King status. >>

Thank you,

https://image.email.donaldjtrump.com/lib/fe2d11727364047f731178/m/1/71b0eab1-c86f-4652-a27f-103aa77e88b5.png
Donald J. Trump
45th President of the United States

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I was a gambling man I'd bet she'd cut his head off with the sword as her last act before knighting him. 

King Ormond wouldn't be the worst thing though, even if he held court in Nebraska. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Ormond said:

It is definitely NOT true that Trump claimed Queen Elizabeth had secretly knighted him. However, it is definitely true that in one of today's fundraising emails he is granting his supporters the title of "King". (I wonder how many women he's calling Kings there?) -- Just to remind y'all, I've never donated to Trump and have no idea how I got on his email list, so the idea that my "MAGA status is unmatched" is itself a lie. 


 

I just assume the bulk of his support are men. And I also assume the vast majority of them, would not appreciate it being titled "Queen" [fill in gay joke here].

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...