Who is the most impressive Hedge Knight?

CassDarry

Just simply wondering which Hedge Knight or other lowborn Knight has impressed, on the main series?(not F&B or Dunks tales)

Bronn is usually brought up or Lothar Brune...even Kettleblacks are impressive ok their own way.

But I took a shine to Illfer the penniless, so I wondered what other readers thought

For anyone (besides me) who wants to refresh their memory, there's a list of "Known hedge knights" in the wiki.   However, I think it may be incomplete.  It doesn't include Hyle Hunt, although he was sworn to Lord Tarly at some point, so maybe that's why he wasn't considered a hedge knight.

For me, Hyle and Shadrich the Mad Mouse are two that come to mind as being clever and interesting.  Also, Ser Arlan of Pennytree certainly had an influence on the story, because of how he raised and trained Dunk.

8 minutes ago, Aebram said:

For anyone (besides me) who wants to refresh their memory, there's a list of "Known hedge knights" in the wiki.   However, I think it may be incomplete.  It doesn't include Hyle Hunt, although he was sworn to Lord Tarly at some point, so maybe that's why he wasn't considered a hedge knight.

For me, Hyle and Shadrich the Mad Mouse are two that come to mind as being clever and interesting.  Also, Ser Arlan of Pennytree certainly had an influence on the story, because of how he raised and trained Dunk.

Isn’t a member of a noble house ~ disqualified? If not I change my answer to Brienne of Tarth. 

5 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Isn’t a member of a noble house ~ disqualified? If not I change my answer to Brienne of Tarth. 

Is one of the ones I mentioned (Hyle Hunt, Shadrich the Mad Mouse, Arlan of Pennytree) highborn?  Sorry, I missed that.  But I would guess that, if a knight isn't landed, and isn't sworn in service to anyone, then he's a hedge knight.  

I don't think Brienne was knighted.  But she certainly was honest, and brave, and had other virtues of a true knight.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Brienne of Tarth. She's clearly one of the series best fighters.

But I am almost sure that she is not real hedge knight. After all by outliving her father she would inherit an island, small army almost certainly including at least some knights and even some warships. 

35 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

But I am almost sure that she is not real hedge knight. After all by outliving her father she would inherit an island, small army almost certainly including at least some knights and even some warships. 

So what? Dunk became LC of the KG

22 hours ago, Aebram said:

Is one of the ones I mentioned (Hyle Hunt, Shadrich the Mad Mouse, Arlan of Pennytree) highborn?  Sorry, I missed that.  But I would guess that, if a knight isn't landed, and isn't sworn in service to anyone, then he's a hedge knight.  

I don't think Brienne was knighted.  But she certainly was honest, and brave, and had other virtues of a true knight.

House Hunt is a noble house sworn to House Tarly.

Archived