Jump to content

[Spoilers] Episode 105 Discussion


Ran
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

That - or they just didn't show her. After all, they also didn't really show that Rhaenys was riding the larger dragon who seems to be Meleys, so who knows, really?

There is zero hint of Vhagar in ep5. If she had Vhagar, one would expect they talked of it in her scene, and three dragons on screen.

If you compare the full leak with the reddit leak, you can find the latter is a very brief summary of the former, plus a few more tidbit: Mysaria pregnant, Laena claimed Vhagar, green is war banners, Joffrey tells Criston about moon tea... None of them appears in the show. These are deliberately added fake info, and I happen to know who added them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lord Varys I think they didn't show Vhagar's claiming by Laena because they want to show Vhagar's claiming by Aemond who will be one of the most important players. That will be one of the most important facet for Aemond's character as well as for the Greens. Laena & Laenor seem to be cool characters but are not that important in the larger story as they will be dead in the next couple of episodes. 

As to why Rhaenyra is not dragon riding to meet her suitors- the answer is obvious that the suitor tour is a diplomatic one. Rhaenyra being a dragon rider is a well known fact. She doesn't need to flaunt it in front of suitors who do not have this advantage. Her being the princess & heir to the throne is already intimidating enough for the suitors. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HOTDfresher said:

@Lord Varys I think they didn't show Vhagar's claiming by Laena because they want to show Vhagar's claiming by Aemond who will be one of the most important players. That will be one of the most important facet for Aemond's character as well as for the Greens. Laena & Laenor seem to be cool characters but are not that important in the larger story as they will be dead in the next couple of episodes. 

As to why Rhaenyra is not dragon riding to meet her suitors- the answer is obvious that the suitor tour is a diplomatic one. Rhaenyra being a dragon rider is a well known fact. She doesn't need to flaunt it in front of suitors who do not have this advantage. Her being the princess & heir to the throne is already intimidating enough for the suitors.

I mean she would definitely use it to abuse them more because this is an unwilling gesture on her part anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, zionius said:

There is zero hint of Vhagar in ep5. If she had Vhagar, one would expect they talked of it in her scene, and three dragons on screen.

If you compare the full leak with the reddit leak, you can find the latter is a very brief summary of the former, plus a few more tidbit: Mysaria pregnant, Laena claimed Vhagar, green is war banners, Joffrey tells Criston about moon tea... None of them appears in the show. These are deliberately added fake info, and I happen to know who added them.

The next episode preview, it seems like Laena is flying on a humungous dragon, could be Vhagar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slant said:

The next episode preview, it seems like Laena is flying on a humungous dragon, could be Vhagar 

The next episode jumps a number of years from episode 5. She likely claimed Vhagar in the intervening period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, slant said:

The next episode preview, it seems like Laena is flying on a humungous dragon, could be Vhagar 

Yes, that's why I said she's not a dragonrider in EP5. She must claimed her in the 11 year time jump. Therefore they didn't cut the scene "Laena claimed Vhagar" in EP2. They never shot that scene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Why are the August numbers only published now?

That's how Nielsen does it. Presumably in part because it takes time for them to get and refine the data, and in part because their clients want time with the data before a public release.

Given the watch time is just a single episode and a tiny segment of the 2nd, I think these look very strong. I also think their streaming chart is US only data.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I missing something?  Why that report is supposed to be bad for some reason?

Quote

Still, House of the Dragon is the first currently running show ever to make the acquired series chart in the two-plus years of Nielsen’s streaming rankings. (It’s “acquired” because Nielsen considers the HBO cable channel the home base for HotD, though both it and HBO Max are part of Warner Bros. Discovery.) It also made the chart with only two episodes under its belt; other than preschool show Cocomelon (18 episodes), every other series in the aquired show top 10 has at least 62 episodes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Here’s an interesting article. This person argues that the only time HOTD is good is when there’s incest: 

https://slate.com/culture/2022/09/house-of-the-dragon-hbos-game-of-thrones-spinoff-needs-more-incest.html

Ew.  What a piece of shit article.  I'd say Slate should do better, but that's what you get these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

- Daemon apparently walked to the Vale. Even if he didn't - where the hell is Caraxes? He surely isn't at Runestone, or else the Royces would know about his presence. And if he didn't have his dragon, how the hell could he find Rhea on foot?

If I'm remembering correctly, did Viserys not exile Daemon back to Runestone again at the end of episode 4?

 

EDIT: i misread the original comment and my point is moot. My fault all. 

Edited by MisbornHeir
unnecessary response
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I’m noticing some trends among the entertainment outlets. Forbes and The Ringer shill hard for HOTD and rip TROP, while The Guardian and The Daily Beast are doing the reverse.

An outlet called The Ringer is ripping The Rings of Power. Something is very wrong with that sentence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Can't it just be that the respective writing staffs prefer one show to another, rather than anyone "shilling"?

Sure, but when you do something for a living, there’s always an economic incentive. And people do treat pop culture and brands like competing sports teams. But anyway, I wasn’t using the word that seriously. It’s all just internet vernacular.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Sure, but when you do something for a living, there’s always an economic incentive.

Plus, it becomes quite suspicious if the entire writing staff of one outlet prefers one show and the entire writing staff of another outlet prefers the other one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...