Food Fight! Ice cream -vs- cake

LongRider

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are you all 7 yrs old? Kebabs or pizza is where its at.

My 4 year old daughter loves both cake and ice cream, and got a really sad look on her face when I asked her if she could only eat one for the rest of her life, what would she choose. 

Life is about making choices. You are pretending otherwise, and thus you are raising a future Tory PM, who wants to have her cake and eat it with ice cream. That's the kinda thinking that got you Cameron and Johnson. You can be inside the EU single market or outside. Not both. :laugh:

I agree with others that cake has higher highs and lower lows than ice cream.  Although honestly I can't remember the last time I had cake, or at least really good cake.  I also agree with brownies > ice cream, which is why my favorite ice cream has either brownies or cookie dough in them.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

I agree with others that cake has higher highs and lower lows than ice cream.  Although honestly I can't remember the last time I had cake, or at least really good cake.  I also agree with brownies > ice cream, which is why my favorite ice cream has either brownies or cookie dough in them.

As to ice cream I like Vanilla (with Strawberry topping), Strawberry, Dulche de leche, and Praline pecan.

Honestly, it’s mallomar season so that’s all I’m doing these days.  But still.  Cake.  Cake is versatile and delicious.  And, there is such a thing as bad ice cream.  Not just fro yo, which is, in fact trash as earlier stipulated, but like bad ice cream.  Good ice cream is good to be fair.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

favorite ice cream has either brownies or cookie dough

I will admit to eating the occasional ice cream and big yes to cookie dough though sweet cream ice cream with Reeses Peanut cups from a creamery is the bomb.   As good as they are, they don't beat good carrot cake.

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

As to ice cream I like Vanilla (with Strawberry topping), Strawberry, Dulche de leche, and Praline pecan.

Vanilla you can pretty much use anything as topping (as it's really vanilla). Every tried maple syrup?

6 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Honestly, it’s mallomar season so that’s all I’m doing these days.  But still.  Cake.  Cake is versatile and delicious.  And, there is such a thing as bad ice cream.  Not just fro yo, which is, in fact trash as earlier stipulated, but like bad ice cream.  Good ice cream is good to be fair.

I fully agree with this. I will add an exception to ice cream: birthday cake ice cream is the best of both worlds, because of frosting.

11 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I fully agree with this. I will add an exception to ice cream: birthday cake ice cream is the best of both worlds, because of frosting.

Cake ice cream is that the same as ice cream cake?  And frosting?  Oh yeah.  

Since I became lactose intolerant I've been totally in the cake camp (actually cookies but I was told not to mention that...)

Then a few months ago on the advice of someone telling me it really did work...I tried taking a Lactaid pill and then having some ice cream...and it really did work!!!

It had been 10 years since I'd had any ice cream and it was so damn good!

Team ice cream all the way!

I do have my picacillios though. While I'm a fan of Ben & Jerry's business practices and politics, I am not crazy about their ice cream. I prefer solid flavors and don't like the whole toppings bar mixed in with my ice cream. Also, when I was a kid I liked raw cookie dough but not now and I really don't want any kind of dough in my ice cream.

For me, I think Häagen-Dazs makes the most delicious ice cream on the planet. I can't believe how good it tastes! It doesn't get any better than their Vanilla Bean or Coffee...it's decadent! 

Archived