Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

32 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Arthurian legend re-imagined as casting is announced for The Winter King – coming to ITVX

No word on who's playing Lancelot, but Eddie Marson is Uther Pendragon. 

Can't fucking wait for this. I don't think I've ever been as excited about an adaptation of something I've read. Maybe Jackson's LOTR. 

I have faith in Bad Wolf. Though I really hope they don't mess with the source material. Everything they need is right there on the page.

His Dark Materials is making me feel confident for this

I really, really hope it's not misplaced.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Dark Materials is BBC. This is ITV. It’s guaranteed to be bad.

Dark Materials is made by Bad Wolf.

This is made by Bad Wolf.

It gives me a few straws to grab hold of.

Edited by Which Tyler

24 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I read the true story behind this. I assume they're taking a lot of artistic licence and the bear goes on a killing spree before dying? 

The rest of the story, with a dude going kersplatt in someone's driveway in Kentucky with a huge amount of cocaine was definitely the inspiration for a plot on Justified. Which just leaves me wondering what kind of writer hears that story and thinks "lets use the non-bear part." We could have gotten Raylen Givens and Boyd Crowder teaming up to fight a coked up bear! ...I guess that would have required time travel. Or maybe the bear paced himself for twenty years. 

8 hours ago, RumHam said:

I read the true story behind this. I assume they're taking a lot of artistic licence and the bear goes on a killing spree before dying? 

The rest of the story, with a dude going kersplatt in someone's driveway in Kentucky with a huge amount of cocaine was definitely the inspiration for a plot on Justified. Which just leaves me wondering what kind of writer hears that story and thinks "lets use the non-bear part." We could have gotten Raylen Givens and Boyd Crowder teaming up to fight a coked up bear! ...I guess that would have required time travel. Or maybe the bear paced himself for twenty years. 

I am completely ignorant of the events IRL. But this film will be a comprehensive failure if it doesn't feature an extended bear-tripping-balls-rampage-murder-death-kill montage. It should last about 20 minutes.

It should start out, "kinda funny"; evolves into, "slightly unsettling"; then, "downright disturbing","truly horrifying"; and finally,"crime against humanity". 

Then clear a shelf Sunshine, because awards season is just around the corner. 

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

52 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I am completely ignorant of the events IRL. But this film will be a comprehensive failure if it doesn't feature an extended bear-tripping-balls-rampage-murder-death-kill montage. It should last about 20 minutes.

It should start out, "kinda funny"; evolve into, "slightly unsettling"; then, "downright disturbing","truly horrifying"; and finally,"crime against humanity". 

Then clear a shelf Sunshine, because awards season is just around the corner. 

https://www.backpacker.com/stories/adventures/danger/cocaine-bear-the-true-story-behind-the-ultimate-party-animal/

I had no idea about it until I heard about the movie.

Personally I hope it's one of those things like Jurassic Park or Godzilla where by the end Cocaine Bear is protecting the humans from Meth Lion.

Edit: Meth Lion of course tears his victims apart because he's very confident that he can put them back together again.

Edited by RumHam

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

https://www.backpacker.com/stories/adventures/danger/cocaine-bear-the-true-story-behind-the-ultimate-party-animal/

I had no idea about it until I heard about the movie.

Personally I hope it's one of those things like Jurassic Park or Godzilla where by the end Cocaine Bear is protecting the humans from Meth Lion.

Edit: Meth Lion of course tears his victims apart because he's very confident that he can put them back together again.

You need to copyright this quickly. It could be a whole new Monster universe franchise! 

1 hour ago, WarGalley said:

You need to copyright this quickly. It could be a whole new Monster universe franchise! 

I was just thinking the same thing. Shared Universe.

Cocaine Bear

Meth Lion

PCP Giraffe

Ecstacy Timber Wolf

Ketamine Hyena

Cannabis Beagle: He wears an eye patch and commands an implausibly huge paramilitary organization. he recruits Cocaine Bear in a post credits scene.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Shared Universe.

Cocaine Bear

Meth Lion

PCP Giraffe

Ecstacy Timber Wolf

Ketamine Hyena

Cannabis Beagle: He wears an eye patch and commands an implausibly huge paramilitary organization. he recruits Cocaine Bear in a post credits scene.

PCP Giraffe is the Hawkeye of the team

Edited by BigFatCoward

59 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Apparently Zach Snyder's Rebel Moon will be on Netflix some time next year, and is getting a Part 2.

This is a bit misleading. Rebel Moon was always going to be two films shot back-to-back.

Principal photography for parts 1 & 2 finishes this week. A teaser might be out tomorrow.  

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It's just like in my dreams.

Is it just me or was that bear getting a bit too familiar with Alden Ehrenreich?

53 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Is it just me or was that bear getting a bit too familiar with Alden Ehrenreich?

I didn't realize that was him, I was too distracted by everything else going on in that trailer. But yeah it looks like he was before maybe a tranquilizer knocked him out? The fools just created speedball bear.