Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

On 11/29/2022 at 9:08 PM, Corvinus85 said:

Ian de Caesteker to play Arthur? He's a good actor but not sure he has the presence for Arthur.

The casting reveals for this Warlord Trilogy are very, very disappointing.

It brings back memories of the awful Beowulf show from a few years ago, I believe that was also ITV.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

@Deadlines? What Deadlines? does Coca cola still do those holiday ads with the polar bears? It could be a great opportunity for cross promotion.

That would obviously be amazing, but somehow I don't see it happening. They might work in some comedic moment that references the polar bears; i.e. Cocaine Bear sees a billboard or sneaks into a movie theater.

And Coca Cola will be making those polar bear ads every day 'till the earth stops spinning.  

57 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Lmao that song in the Cocaine Bear trailer is the exact song I pictured when someone brought the movie up Thursday.

I only knew that song from The Leftovers but it's great.

Mike Flanagan & Trevor Macy Reveal ‘The Dark Tower’ Adaptation In Works At Intrepid, Talk Leaving Netflix For Amazon, ‘Midnight Club’s Cancellation & More

https://deadline.com/2022/12/mike-flanagan-amp-trevor-macy-the-dark-tower-series-movies-netflix-exit-midnight-club-canceled-amazon-intrepid-1235191018/

In an interview with Deadline, Flanagan and Macy, known for their extensive film and TV work in the horror genre, break the news that they have acquired the rights to the mammoth book series, which draws from multiple genres including dark fantasy, science fantasy, horror and Western. Flanagan reveals that he has written a pilot script and season outlines for The Dark Tower, which he has described for years as his dream project. He has even shared in interviews his vision for the opening shot, a black screen with the words “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed,” leading to a landscape with a silhouette in the distance.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:50 PM, Zorral said:

Conservative media firm The Daily Wire has optioned exclusive film and TV series rights to develop and produce an adaptation of Arthurian legend novels The Pendragon Cycle.

https://deadline.com/2022/11/the-daily-wire-plans-most-ambitious-project-yet-with-arthurian-fantasy-series-the-pendragon-cycle-1235178832/

Those books were so awful -- unreadable.

On the one hand, I took my internet name from these books 30+ years ago, so I'm happy the series is being adapted. I like Lawhead's writing style and Celtic mytho focus (especially the Song of Albion trilogy). I know most people on this board will disagree, but I really liked how Lawhead mixed Atlantis and Celtic mythology with the Arthur legends.

On the other hand.... Daily Wire? Ugh. My interest in the series just tanked. Yea, I know. I'll still watch it, but not expecting much. 

Edited by Myrddin

47 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Granted I didn't watch it, but I think the bigger news is that they're pulling the existing episodes of that and Westworld off the service. What the fuck. I think I'm just gonna cancel until House of the Dragon comes back.

59 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I don't understand this move. Why remove shows from HBO Max? Does it cost anything to have them there in the library?

Streaming residuals basically.

That said, both Westworld and The Nevers may be moved to a new free ad-supported streaming television platform, like Amazon's Freevee, per the reporting. Or perhaps sold to one of the FAST platforms for a good chunk of change.

59 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Not surprised about The Nevers. It took them too long to get the other half of the season done.

The writing was very much on the wall. If it airs, at least it sounds like they tried to wrap up the show with the last episodes. I have deeply low expectations, however.

17 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I don't understand this move. Why remove shows from HBO Max? Does it cost anything to have them there in the library?

Not surprised about The Nevers. It took them too long to get the other half of the season done.

I can't seem to find Westworld in the UK actually, which is odd. Usually I watch on Sky Catch up or Boxsets but it doesn't seem to exist there at all. Wonder if that's related or if it moved channels without me realising