Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

Can't say I'm remotely bothered by this movie getting canned. WW2 was one of the worst movies of the year. Shockingly bad, considering the quality of the first.

And the less said about Gal Gadot the better. 

Edited by Spockydog

11 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Can't say I'm remotely bothered by this movie getting canned. WW2 was one of the worst movies of the year. Shockingly bad, considering the quality of the first.

Nuh uh. "Best DC film since The Dark Knight". Look it up.

I'm not convinced she's entirely to blame for WW84. That things got "film by committee" written all over it. 

Speaking of dog avatars, There are more and more giant puppies appearing at the dog park.

A 12 month old hound dog  (might have been a ridgeback or bloodhound). He's at the age where his size and agility don't quite align. You could hear him barking (that characteristic, squeaky "a-woof") from the moment they entered the parking lot. He comes in and charges over to us to say hello. After that he was just a lanky blur of paws and jowls and ears for about 10 minutes. Making friends. He must have gone from one end of the park to the other about 20 times.

A 10 month old St Bernard. Huge and friendly. He collapsed in my lap and demanded belly rubs. I obliged while I chatted with his owner. 

Lots of similarly aged  labradoodles. A German Sheppard. A pit bull. Lots of energy; freaked out by the space and the new friends. A disturbing number of them are rescues. Apparently a lot of people are giving up pets they acquired during the pandemic.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

14 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I have my own complaints with the movie as well, but I will forever defend the opening games in Themyscira as being some goddamn kinetic AF filmmaking. This whole sequence is goddamn glorious, and heightened to damn near nirvana levels by Hanz Zimmer's propulsive, and thematically loaded and optimistic music. 

There is a lot in the movie that doesn't work for me, but the opening scenes are not one of them. 

45 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Meanwhile, Cavill has left Superman behind, as has been officially announced just a few minutes ago. 

https://www.darkhorizons.com/cavill-free-new-superman-film-confirmed/

Yes, but apparently they're looking for a different character in the DCU for Cavill to play.  Though Variety hasn't been reliable on DC news lately so maybe that's wrong.

Apparently, Superman will be a younger version.  James Gunn is writing the script for it.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/james-gunn-writing-superman-movie-henry-cavill-out-1235461889/

Edited by SpaceChampion

57 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

How exactly is Rafe intending to run both Wheel of Time AND God of War, exactly? Isn't it hard enough running one show, let alone *two*?  

https://www.darkhorizons.com/god-of-war-tv-series-a-go-at-amazon/

Would be cool to see a God of War show, if it was done well.  But no way in hell should Rafe Judkins be running it.  He butchered Wheel of Time.

While its a shame Cavill is not returning as Superman, it is interesting that Gunn has been writing a new Superman film.

Fact that he is mentioning that already might mean thats first to be released ( though not before late 2024 at the earliest I suspect).

• 3 weeks later...

Jake Gyllenhaal and Ruth Negga for Presumed Innocent
https://deadline.com/2023/01/ruth-negga-jake-gyllenhaal-presumed-innocent-apple-tv-series-david-e-kelley-amp-j-j-abrams-1235212102/

EXCLUSIVE: Oscar and Tony-nominated Ruth Negga has been tapped to star opposite Jake Gyllenhaal (who is in final negotiations), in Presumed InnocentApple TV+’s upcoming limited series from David E. Kelley, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV, where the company is based.

Inspired by Scott Turow’s courtroom thriller, Presumed Innocent is the story of a horrific murder that upends the Chicago Prosecuting Attorneys’ office when one of its own is suspected of the crime. The book was published in 1987 and was turned into a 1990 feature starring Harrison Ford in the role Gyllenhaal is taking on.